Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43565 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ikopa

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:10:10 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 10:40:16 PM by ikopa

In 2009 there was only one person which did belive in this system. And this is why he was able to mine those many blocks. We can also start the mining on our protocol in private and the publish on internet and those 9.9% to be mined not premined. But we want to give our community the opportunity to have equal chances from the begining and with those 9.9% we will help the WebDollar ecosystem to growth for all those hundreds of miners we already have in our testnet daily and for their trust and support in our project. If you're accusing WebDollar being a scam just ask yourself why we didn't any ICO? It would be easy to do a scam with ICO instead staying months only for developing the tech. Please check our Github for seeing how much work is behind our project which you're accusing so much https://github.com/WebDollar/Node-WebDollar, after you will understand what you are doing here is not fair because behind WebDollar are thousands hours of work and tens of missed nights for releasing a great tech. Only the marketplace, miners, and time will decide if our work has a real value or not, even we belive a lot in WebDollar potential Smiley In conclusion, be fair and have patience for seeing what will happen next. Thank you!

You initially wanted to do an ICO, but now you thought you have subtle ways of scamming people. You rebranded the pump-and-dump scheme as 'Initial Release Event'. That's how you want to differentiate from other coins? By stealing less? "But it's only 9.9%", cheap supermarket price trick.

Idiots.

A lot of energy from you to bring bad light to this project. It looks like you dedicated your life to this cause and nobody knows what's your end game. From what I saw until now you are like that lunatic villan from the movies that dedicated his life to mess with the hero. Every good men has to deal with someone like you in their lifetime. And we all know what happens with the villan in every story, don't we?

The difference between you and the other critics on this topic is that the other at least complained about their issues in a constructive way. And about real and up to date issues.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

A lot of energy from you to bring bad light to this project. It looks like you dedicated your life to this cause and nobody knows what's your end game. From what I saw until now you are like that lunatic villan from the movies that dedicated his life to mess with the hero. Every good men has to deal with someone like you in their lifetime. And we all know what happens with the villan in every story, don't we?

The difference between you and the other critics on this topic is that the other at least complained about their issues in a constructive way. And about real and up to date issues.

I hope finally he's not a bad guy and he will be able to show us a little bit respect for our work, and stop to FUD us.
webdollar-scam

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:23:26 PM

I hope finally he's not a bad guy and he will be able to show us a little bit respect for our work, and stop to FUD us.

Ok, I will stop.
tghs

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:08:53 PM

In 2009 there was only one person which did belive in this system. And this is why he was able to mine those many blocks. We can also start the mining on our protocol in private and the publish on internet and those 9.9% to be mined not premined. But we want to give our community the opportunity to have equal chances from the begining and with those 9.9% we will help the WebDollar ecosystem to growth for all those hundreds of miners we already have in our testnet daily and for their trust and support in our project. If you're accusing WebDollar being a scam just ask yourself why we didn't any ICO? It would be easy to do a scam with ICO instead staying months only for developing the tech. Please check our Github for seeing how much work is behind our project which you're accusing so much https://github.com/WebDollar/Node-WebDollar, after you will understand what you are doing here is not fair because behind WebDollar are thousands hours of work and tens of missed nights for releasing a great tech. Only the marketplace, miners, and time will decide if our work has a real value or not, even we belive a lot in WebDollar potential Smiley In conclusion, be fair and have patience for seeing what will happen next. Thank you!

You initially wanted to do an ICO, but now you thought you have subtle ways of scamming people. You rebranded the pump-and-dump scheme as 'Initial Release Event'. That's how you want to differentiate from other coins? By stealing less? "But it's only 9.9%", cheap supermarket price trick.

Idiots.

There was no cheap supermarket trick. A precise 10% would not have allowed for an initial block reward of a round 3000, but of 2997. That is why it is 9.9%. As for "premining, therefore scam", it's a straw man. All protocols with ICO are essentially premined. And not all ICOs are scams, of course. Not even all the failed or failing ICOs are scams, some are just unfortunate or ill conceived projects. As are a huge majority of the start-ups.
And accusations of stealing are of course ridiculous.
tghs

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:53:10 PM

I mined coins yesterday all day and got a few thousand. Today there is nothing in the wallet. Do not waste your time on this.

This is normal with a test net. Time was not wasted, you contributed towards antifragilization of the protocol and you and all who are mining now will benefit at main net from a sound and secure protocol. Thanks
CoinKovala

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:29:38 PM

when will this go mainnet?
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

That that I watch already some time the project and I do not see real supporters of the project. At least they are not enough for some reason, perhaps a little very much believe in success of this project. It probably says about much already enough to draw a conclusion for itself.
alexandru.b

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 09:56:10 PM

when will this go mainnet?

We released a new update and a hard fork called 3.5. And consensus should work better.  Genesys and Main Net will be released very very soon.

That that I watch already some time the project and I do not see real supporters of the project. At least they are not enough for some reason, perhaps a little very much believe in success of this project. It probably says about much already enough to draw a conclusion for itself.

We started this project in mid - October, nearly 6 months ago with 0 funds and 0 pre-sales. We aim to launch the entire WebDollar tech and ecosystem without raising any funds or doing any ICO. WebDollar is an open source community technology, and not a company itself. WebDollar wants to become an open source ecosystem just like Bitcoin. WebDollar was started from scratch as a new Blockchain Platform. Most of our time was spent only in software development and we didn't spend any second doing serious marketing. Our main goal was to develop and finish the technology and deploy it to the main network. Meanwhile, we grew a community of over 1500 people on Telegram in the @WebDollar and @WebDollarRO communities.

We released a new update and hard fork, which should work way better than in the previous version.
Matei M

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:34:35 AM

There's no Scam here!...and of course same as any trials and tests volunteers get rewarded with great technology and products.
I like everything about your project, just the name alone you picked it's worth lots of money:) everybody is familiar with the Dollar:) this is a more realistic name for a digital coin.We could say an AltDollar not an AltCoin. I am sure majority of people will choose your coin over others.
Mining in browser it's truly a better version on Nimiq, which i found it complicated and hard to work with.
I always wanted something simple and user friendly in crypto space to mine and navigate...so my grandma, kids , dogs and cat can mine, trade and make some money:)))
There 's to many good things to list....I see a great future  for WebDollar and soon will be there for everybody to discover as I did and put it to use. No need for expensive mining equipment and be a High Tech guy.
I keep an eye on you guys from the start and I have found a lot of information about you include in your native country. Honest hard working individuals.
Matei M

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:10:39 AM

The downward  facing ICO trends by the end of 2017 made you guys decide a better new great approach.
The fraudsters and people with shady business models saw a massive opportunity in the lucrative unregulated market of ICO.Big projects like Bitconnect were shut down after reaching $ 2.5 billion market cap.
The market even saw a complete scams like Benebit why dumped early investors for an amount of $2.7 mil-$4 mil each.The fake project was so well orchestrated  that the team spent over $ 1 mil for nothing but marketing.This is a Scam my friends(. Look at this young team were working and concentrating so hard at their project that they didn't have much time to spent on their marketing. All they cared to bring a great piece of tech to the world  without proper financing only with their time and effort. I want to thank you for that)..Also the  concentrated funds of digital platforms became easy pray for hackers, because developers teams were concentrating how to run a scam not a business operation and spend their money on heavy ICO's campaigns.450 ICO were attacked at some levels have been published.
The gaining popularity of ICO has become a major concern of regulatory authorities around the world for mainly two reasons: vulnerability of the investors and the flow of money to an unregulated sector, however the complicated decentralized architecture of the blockchain has made it very difficult to impose any rules on the wild.The Sec. is trying to bust as many ICO as possible by labeling them as unregistered securities, even those with a good intent and great tech might get target it. So i give the WebDollar team one more point not choosing ICO.
As the numbers of ICO market is far from coming to a halt, that also means that more and more, that also means that more and more projects will try to  dupe investors and crypto users as only a white paper and a website with lots of buzz words are often sufficient to convince you.
Look at this guys they were so preoccupied with work and technology they even forgot about marketing:)) More reasons to believe in them....not in old experienced crooks from high tech industry.
Just days ago Centra dev team were arrested bu US Security Exchange Commission and halted their operation of Centra Tech for a fraudulent scheme. they alleged the company claimed a cryptocurrency debit card wit Visa and MasterCard  and no such relationship ever existed in reality.
Do i compare WebDollar team with these crooks? Never...and they will succeed because there are a lot of smart people out there with common sense and they appreciate a great piece of technology.
One thing i am not happy...that a company stole their line lately...."currency of the internet..." and made a coin out of it...COTI...se my friends that is not honest.....
Sturmovik

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:08:06 AM

So, nice name but your main advantage seems to be the ability to mine in pools - will the pool system be available at the Main Net release?
tghs

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:14:06 AM

So, nice name but your main advantage seems to be the ability to mine in pools - will the pool system be available at the Main Net release?

Yes, the pools are planned to be working at mainnet.
licola.cocacola12

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:06:02 AM

have a nice day
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:09:08 AM

The project looks interesting, but the name of the coin is trivial: which is the need of mentioning the dollar, the most hyperinflated and debased currency of the world? This is the big PR flawn of the project.
I've been on the website but it seems the mainet is not live yet, is it?

The name of the coin was coshed because everyone associate dollar with money and our vision is mass adoption, that means we have to be easy to use and understand by everyone. We will like in the future WebDollar to be the decentralized version of the real dollar. Yes, you're right, at this moment we are in test net 3.5 so don't panic if you see any issue, we're still working. Join on our telegram or subscripe to our newsletter for being kept up to date with WebDollar status.

I see your point and you are possibly right since most of the people are anyway quite uneducated about financial issues, even here in crypto. I'll join your telegram to keep an eye on the project.

llcoolj

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:21:15 AM

At http: //webdollar.yo  shows my balance in the wallet zero. I had more than 13,000 coins two days ago...  Huh
tghs

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:41:24 AM

At http: //webdollar.yo  shows my balance in the wallet zero. I had more than 13,000 coins two days ago...  Huh

The protocol was updated yesterday, all addresses reset. This is normal in testing. All testnet coins will be reset eventually.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:58:33 AM

I've searched and haven't found, so someone know the answer to:

1-How can the wallet be exported?
2-Can a paper wallet be done?
3-What's the wallet filename?
4-Is it stored in cookies folder from the browser?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
reefcoin.io

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 09:01:23 AM

Awesome Project! Approx when will the main net be released? Any Pre-sale?
alexandru.b

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 11:01:22 AM

I've searched and haven't found, so someone know the answer to:

1-How can the wallet be exported?
2-Can a paper wallet be done?
3-What's the wallet filename?
4-Is it stored in cookies folder from the browser?

Hi!

1. Yes! Although the wallet is stored only on your machine, the wallet can be exported from your browser saving it anywhere you want on a different parition, hard drive or even an a USB flash memory, etc.
2. Yes! After you download your wallet, you can print your own wallet using a Printer.
3. After your wallet is being exported, you will get a notification which tells your wallet name.
4. Similar. It is stored using IndexedDB and is stored on your locally on your machine. On Windows the folder can be located at

%AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Indexed DB\Internet.edb
%AppData%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\your profile id\indexedDB\webdollar.io
%AppData%\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

For more information, you can look up here https[Suspicious link removed]ddb-storage/

See my post from last day.

We released a new update and hard fork, which should work way better than in the previous version.

It means, we have reset the entire fork from 3.4 and some wallets. Until the official and final network, called Main Net (Genesysis) we will improve the network and sometimes we will do a hard fork from 0.
alexandru.b

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:07:57 PM

We released a new update today. WebDollar accepts https now https://webdollar.io . At the moment, if you have mined on the HTTP version, you will need to download your wallet accessing http://webdollar.io from test net 3.5 and import in the new HTTPS version https://webdollar.io . In a couple of days, we will disable the HTTP version and we will enable only the secured HTTPS version.

Cheers  Cool Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: