Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 10:38:04 PM

After how many blocks will the reward split to 3000? How much time until that halving? I seem to remember that at first launch the reward was 3000...

We changed the blocks time from 20s to 40s so the reward was changed too from 3k to 6k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 06:40:42 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 06:53:05 AM by bobq

I have tried to send 1 WEBD but the fees are ridiculous. I have spent 1.1 WEBD to send 1 WEBD. Is it a joke? A new currency seeking mass adoption which from the very start has fees which are bigger than the money that you actually send? 110% fees to send one unit of this currency? I cannot really believe it...
And to send 100 WEBD it would cost 10 WEBD, still 10%, still a ridiculous amount.
You are seeking mass adoption, right?
I have no words...

EDIT: I just saw that you can change the fees manually, so it's not such a big issue in the end, I have finally managed to send also for a 0,01 WEBD fee, but those were the fees set by the wallet by default. WHich means that the average user would spend these absurd fees without realizing it. Has it been designed intentionally like that? It looks like a "smecherie" to me...

miketout

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:41:57 AM

First, I like the whole experience, except the implied value of the coin through your choices. How much should I think web dollars are worth when it costs 10 to just make a transaction? Is that going to change, or should we map the numbers to 1/1000 of the face value?

I just saw the post saying you can set the fee. I did a default send of one block reward from one address to another, and it cost 10 WEBD! I think you really need to fix the default.
cristiwn

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:12:37 AM

First, I like the whole experience, except the implied value of the coin through your choices. How much should I think web dollars are worth when it costs 10 to just make a transaction? Is that going to change, or should we map the numbers to 1/1000 of the face value?

I just saw the post saying you can set the fee. I did a default send of one block reward from one address to another, and it cost 10 WEBD! I think you really need to fix the default.

Hi guys, I just did a transaction and it went through with 0.01 fee. So I don't really get your point. All you have to do is edit the fee.
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:26:18 AM

I have tried to send 1 WEBD but the fees are ridiculous. I have spent 1.1 WEBD to send 1 WEBD. Is it a joke? A new currency seeking mass adoption which from the very start has fees which are bigger than the money that you actually send? 110% fees to send one unit of this currency? I cannot really believe it...
And to send 100 WEBD it would cost 10 WEBD, still 10%, still a ridiculous amount.
You are seeking mass adoption, right?
I have no words...

EDIT: I just saw that you can change the fees manually, so it's not such a big issue in the end, I have finally managed to send also for a 0,01 WEBD fee, but those were the fees set by the wallet by default. WHich means that the average user would spend these absurd fees without realizing it. Has it been designed intentionally like that? It looks like a "smecherie" to me...

It's all inattention Smiley
You can set fee manually as you wish.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bobq

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:44:12 AM

Hi guys, I just did a transaction and it went through with 0.01 fee. So I don't really get your point. All you have to do is edit the fee.

You cannot read, can you? I have already written that I have made transactions with as little as 0.01 WEBD, but this only after having ripped of by the default fee, which is outrageous. Now my question is: why is the default fee so outrageously high? Is it just a mistake (I don't think so) or is it intentional? Well, if it's intentional then we should ask which is the purpose of such an absurd fee. Is it perhaps because most of the people won't check it and go with the default? Devs speak of mass adoption, and 99% of people out there have no idea what fees in cryptos are, they barely know what cryptos are. So which is the idea behind such an absurd default fee? I have my opinion on that, which I have expressed with a word which exists only in Romanian ("smecherie"). Let's hear what others are thinking about that.

cristiwn

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

You cannot read, can you? I have already written that I have made transactions with as little as 0.01 WEBD, but this only after having ripped of by the default fee, which is outrageous. Now my question is: why is the default fee so outrageously high? Is it just a mistake (I don't think so) or is it intentional? Well, if it's intentional then we should ask which is the purpose of such an absurd fee. Is it perhaps because most of the people won't check it and go with the default? Devs speak of mass adoption, and 99% of people out there have no idea what fees in cryptos are, they barely know what cryptos are. So which is the idea behind such an absurd default fee? I have my opinion on that, which I have expressed with a word which exists only in Romanian ("smecherie"). Let's hear what others are thinking about that.

I'm guessing when you send 50K you pay 10webd as fee, that is still a trick("smecherie") to rip you off and enrich the miners? Lol
There is no need to accuse anybody of bad intentions, this is obviously an aspect nobody cares about at this point(I mean the team) because is not important, as they had much more stuff to do. But I certain they will improve the default fee to adjust for the smaller values also, as soon as they can.
bobq

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:33:30 AM

I'm guessing when you send 50K you pay 10webd as fee, that is still a trick("smecherie") to rip you off and enrich the miners? Lol
There is no need to accuse anybody of bad intentions, this is obviously an aspect nobody cares about at this point(I mean the team) because is not important, as they had much more stuff to do. But I certain they will improve the default fee to adjust for the smaller values also, as soon as they can.

I personally couldn't care less of spending 10 or 100 or even 1000 WEBD for sending the coins I've mined on one machine to another wallet, but unlike you I see the big picture and I notice contraddictions. As early adopters we are now sending coins in the thousands (lucky you if you have managed to mine 50K already, I guess most of us are not that rich yet), but the team is boasting to aim as mass adoption and as mass adoption would come people would likely send only a few WEBD at the time, in which case such default fees are simply absurd.

cristiwn

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:46:44 AM

I personally couldn't care less of spending 10 or 100 or even 1000 WEBD for sending the coins I've mined on one machine to another wallet, but unlike you I see the big picture and I notice contraddictions. As early adopters we are now sending coins in the thousands (lucky you if you have managed to mine 50K already, I guess most of us are not that rich yet), but the team is boasting to aim as mass adoption and as mass adoption would come people would likely send only a few WEBD at the time, in which case such default fees are simply absurd.

I agree with you,this should be updated, I didn't say it shoudn't be fixed. I was just saying that we shouldn't blame anyone for it, is enough to ask the team to improve this aspect.
The 50K were just an example, I'm not that rich yet Cheesy
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 12:30:20 PM

Thank you for rising this thing up. We thought most of the miners will transfer more than 1000 webd because webd has a small price at this moment and within the time, we will update to a feels by default within the time. Now this was made for avoiding transaction spam in the network but with the time we will change that for sure.
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:37:58 PM

Left the website open for an entire day but not a single block mined. Reckon the website is getting refreshed periodically and hence disrupting the mining process. I'm hoping for either a more stable website mining platform or something similar.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 01:33:13 PM

Left the website open for an entire day but not a single block mined. Reckon the website is getting refreshed periodically and hence disrupting the mining process. I'm hoping for either a more stable website mining platform or something similar.

The website is updating when detect you are mining in a fork. Is a normal process for avoiding get forked webds and then disappear from wallet.
bobq

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:52:40 PM

Thank you for rising this thing up. We thought most of the miners will transfer more than 1000 webd because webd has a small price at this moment and within the time, we will update to a feels by default within the time. Now this was made for avoiding transaction spam in the network but with the time we will change that for sure.

Well, this answer makes a sense. But of course also my question did, before knowing this answer Smiley

CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:29:12 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2018, 10:20:49 PM by CryptoRobert

Today I have spent the whole day mining at the same address with two i7 PCs, one 8-core and one 4-core, and have managed not to find a single block. Not even one. This is really throwing away electricity, these powerful CPUs consume a lot and in my country electricity is expensive like hell. I will give it a few hours more but at some point I'll have to cut the losses and stop mining. It will be cheaper to buy the coins mined by others.

EDIT: After 14 hours I have finally found a block. So I will keep the PC on Smiley
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 11:02:52 PM

Today I have spent the whole day mining at the same address with two i7 PCs, one 8-core and one 4-core, and have managed not to find a single block. Not even one. This is really throwing away electricity, these powerful CPUs consume a lot and in my country electricity is expensive like hell. I will give it a few hours more but at some point I'll have to cut the losses and stop mining. It will be cheaper to buy the coins mined by others.

EDIT: After 14 hours I have finally found a block. So I will keep the PC on Smiley

There are a lot of miners, now we are working on blockchain explorer and mining pools.

Well, this answer makes a sense. But of course also my question did, before knowing this answer Smiley

Yes you're right!
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:06:38 AM

This coin has been listed on https://newborncryptocoin.com !

Cool, the admin should update the status on that website.

I don't see it listed on there unless I'm missing something, how soon until this coin goes on an actual exchange?
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 04:14:17 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 04:41:33 AM by AlexandruPanait

This coin has been listed on https://newborncryptocoin.com !

Cool, the admin should update the status on that website.

I don't see it listed on there unless I'm missing something, how soon until this coin goes on an actual exchange?

In May for sure mining pools and exchange!
zahar.jr

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:10:18 PM

Hi, today I spent 10 hours in the mine, I caught three blocks, after the reboot they disappeared like this. The screen was not copied. Question. Copy screen After each block?
GeePeeU

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:30:59 PM

Hi, today I spent 10 hours in the mine, I caught three blocks, after the reboot they disappeared like this. The screen was not copied. Question. Copy screen After each block?

You most likely hit blocks on a fork.

if you have poor latency, or poor hardware, you will probably have a lot of fork issues.

Always doubt.
GeePeeU

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:32:59 PM

There are a lot of miners, now we are working on blockchain explorer and mining pools.

Yes you're right!

Exchanges and Pools in May?  Good stuff !

Please don't sign up to the first shitty exchange you can. Having a a coin listed on a sketchy exchange can stunt adoption.

Always doubt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: