Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:40:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
GeePeeU

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:30:38 PM

I've noticed a lot of connection issues, and a lot of forking incidents over the last few days.

I mined a few blocks on day 1 and day 2, but now anytime I see a block, it's surely a fork.

Mining is slowly becoming more and more tedious.

If you open Webdollar.io on 2 devices, after 5 minutes they are usually NEVER on the same block as each other.

For example, my PC says Block 8202 while my phone says 8191. And this has been a consistent issue the last few days.

We know and we will do an upadte on this today.

Good to hear.

Nice job staying on top of things.

Always doubt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:51:11 PM

I have also encountered issue with the connection and changes in WEBD amounts in my wallet. I guess due to the poor connectivity i experienced a forked block, as I have read here in the discussion. Indeed the mining is becoming more and more hard, altough it has only been two days since main net release. For example i left my PC to mine last nigh and all day today, and i have only mined 6,000 WEBD. I should mention that I do have a very good connection to the internet and I have about 1,600 hash/sec mining power. Any suggestions?

Mining is actually not becoming more hard, in these days. Probably because people go to the sea for the 1st of May the global hashrate has actually dropped, which means it's a good time to mine. What you are missing is luck, this is something absolutely necessary now until the moment we will have pools. After that, luck will play a lesser role and people will supposedly always receive more or less a quantity of coin proportional of their hashing history.

GeePeeU

Activity: 537

ASK

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:43:37 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 10:57:19 PM by GeePeeU

Mining is difficult, because it's hard as hell to keep your end synced.

I am not sure if they applied the fix today, as was mentioned. Because my wallets seems to sync a little better, but they ALWAYS go out of sync eventually. (Usually in less than 30 minutes).

A simple refresh fixes it, But its hard to tell when you go out of sync unless you consistently have 2 devices in-front of you.

*Cleared my cache, and it seems to be staying in-sync better. It's jumping back on the main-chain briefly after forking, without me refreshing it. But i keep falling a few blocks behind on my PC, while my phone stays within 1 block of the main-chain

Always doubt.
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:22:29 AM

Wallet is not very convenient. It needs:
-peer information (how many connections established)
-all transaction, not only last 20 blocks

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:44:51 AM

Mining is difficult, because it's hard as hell to keep your end synced.

I am not sure if they applied the fix today, as was mentioned. Because my wallets seems to sync a little better, but they ALWAYS go out of sync eventually. (Usually in less than 30 minutes).

A simple refresh fixes it, But its hard to tell when you go out of sync unless you consistently have 2 devices in-front of you.

*Cleared my cache, and it seems to be staying in-sync better. It's jumping back on the main-chain briefly after forking, without me refreshing it. But i keep falling a few blocks behind on my PC, while my phone stays within 1 block of the main-chain

We're still working to solve that issue. We can recomand browser plugins for refresh

Wallet is not very convenient. It needs:
-peer information (how many connections established)
-all transaction, not only last 20 blocks

To be light node means to have only last blocks and proofs for the entry blockchain using nipopow.
For peer informations you have network section with animation on map. Is a good ideea and we will update this after finishing what is the more important for our ecosystem (pools and trading place)
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:00:35 AM

Speaking about luck (or lack of), not to find any block in over 24 hours with over 2500 hash/sec is a quite frustrating experience. And imagine what will happen when the global hashrate will increase further! The pool mining is badly needed. Urgently. Before people with low hashrate just stop mining, never getting any reward for that.
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 10:25:17 AM

Speaking about luck (or lack of), not to find any block in over 24 hours with over 2500 hash/sec is a quite frustrating experience. And imagine what will happen when the global hashrate will increase further! The pool mining is badly needed. Urgently. Before people with low hashrate just stop mining, never getting any reward for that.

Until we will finish that you can take a look here: https://webdollarforum.com/index.php/topic,31.0.html
Luvr1000

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:46:47 AM

I correctly understood you, I just need to go to your site, and I'll start earning your currency? if so, where do I get your coins? probably need a purse?
CryptoRobert

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:46:43 PM

Until we will finish that you can take a look here: https://webdollarforum.com/index.php/topic,31.0.html

It really didn't make any differences to me. Now I have been waisting electricity for 40 hours at 3000 hash/sec spread between different devices without finding a single block. All my friends with less powerful computers have already stopped mining, and by all I mean really all and they are very many. If you had launched the mainnet with the working pools you would have not lost a single miner. For mass adoption you have to think different, not like a nerd. Most people in the world are not nerds.
SMOKE911

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:28:32 PM

I have found 8 blocks in the past 3 days at least with 2500H/s
TakeItEasy

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:29:10 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 11:42:00 PM by TakeItEasy

It really didn't make any differences to me. Now I have been waisting electricity for 40 hours at 3000 hash/sec spread between different devices without finding a single block. All my friends with less powerful computers have already stopped mining, and by all I mean really all and they are very many. If you had launched the mainnet with the working pools you would have not lost a single miner. For mass adoption you have to think different, not like a nerd. Most people in the world are not nerds.
Are you a crybaby ? Cheesy
OMG 3000h/s...
OMG wasting electricity ...
OMG I'll stop mining...

Not so long time ago, when the first coins were born, there were no pools at all or pools were not made quickly.
People had to mine new coins in Solo cause they have steel balls!

Get more hashes !
Don't waste your electricity! Mine in workplace/college/school
Mine! Don't stop!
Don't be a whiner!

Also the average network speed is about 1000Kh. It's extremely small. If average speed of one miner is about 1Kh/s then only 1000 people mine right now.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
rentodi1

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:49:23 AM

Today I have spent the whole day mining at the same address with two i7 PCs, one 8-core and one 4-core, and have managed not to find a single block. Not even one. This is really throwing away electricity, these powerful CPUs consume a lot and in my country electricity is expensive like hell. I will give it a few hours more but at some point I'll have to cut the losses and stop mining. It will be cheaper to buy the coins mined by others.

EDIT: After 14 hours I have finally found a block. So I will keep the PC on Smiley

There are a lot of miners, now we are working on blockchain explorer and mining pools.

Well, this answer makes a sense. But of course also my question did, before knowing this answer Smiley

Yes you're right!

Exchanges and Pools in May?  Good stuff !

Please don't sign up to the first shitty exchange you can. Having a a coin listed on a sketchy exchange can stunt adoption.

Good answer, thank you! We will do our best with exchanges. We want to be sure the exchange is safe for our community because this is the most important fact with a exchange.

Cryptobridge has been great for Ravencoin
look into them  no cost
nistra

Activity: 474
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:10:02 AM

Wow thats great. I don`t find any block in 3 days with 2kh/s. I think I`m unlucky.
I need the pool mining. Hope the dev launch it as soon as possible.
CryptoRobert

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

Are you a crybaby ? Cheesy
OMG 3000h/s...
OMG wasting electricity ...
OMG I'll stop mining...

Not so long time ago, when the first coins were born, there were no pools at all or pools were not made quickly.
People had to mine new coins in Solo cause they have steel balls!

Get more hashes !
Mine! Don't stop!
Don't be a whiner!

Also the average network speed is about 1000Kh. It's extremely small. If average speed of one miner is about 1Kh/s then only 1000 people mine right now.

You must be one of those poor people affected by Functional illiteracy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_illiteracy), ie even though you can technically read you are totally unable to understand the meaning of what you read. Therefore I won't try to explain you what I've actually said.

And I see you are a thief too. I guess you are already stealing electricity to someone, aren't you? And a thief of the stupidest sort, one who doesn't even realize he is a thief, so that he would even openly encourage other people to start stealing like him as well.

I don't know what to say) Now I'm on block 1850 and my balance is 3000 WD instead 12000 which was few minutes ago. It's really scam.

Oh, I see, first it took you more time than anybody else to understand that Webdollars is a legit project, and now that you've finally understood it you totally fail to see some actual problems it has, not even when you are told.

There is no Webdollar. There is no WD team. There is a group of hackers who mining Monero (or another CPU coin) with our hashes. And website and balance and other features are just fake.

You clearly must be a genius. If you could survive so long with such an understanding of things.

BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:38:30 PM

less than a day passed, and the folders take up so much memory, why?

Which folders exactly take how much space? I didn't find any big folders but I'd be interested to check.

ikopa

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:38:49 PM

Wow thats great. I don`t find any block in 3 days with 2kh/s. I think I`m unlucky.
I need the pool mining. Hope the dev launch it as soon as possible.

I was there too. At first I mined for couple of nights with a i5 laptop without any success and I was getting frustrated. I think there was more then 36 hours in 2-3 periods of continuous mining with this first laptop . At one point I tried with the other laptop, i7, and after one night I got 1 block, with something like 350-700 hash. From then on I kept mining with this one and in the next 3 days of mining with break (not continuous), I got 4 more blocks. I continued to mine with the first laptop too, the i5, for 1 day - 1 day and a half, again with no success so I stopped the mining on this one.
WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 08:50:34 PM

We bumped into this review for WebDollar https://youtu.be/S-JpW3hO6H4?t=228 . Nice. Thanks, The Technicals!

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
TakeItEasy

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:51:53 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 10:53:03 PM by TakeItEasy

bla bla bla bla bla
omg Cheesy
Stop crying poor nerd, you just a loser and troll as I see, I have mined 14 blocks with 1,5Kh Wink

You are so smart and not affected by Functional illiteracy but don't understand that it's a solo mining and what is it Smiley
Whatever. Devs told you - pools in May. Just sit and wait. Don't want to "waste your electricity" in solo - move to another coin.
Your crying will not help to launch pools more quickly.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
gold969

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:07:24 PM

less than a day passed, and the folders take up so much memory, why?

Which folders exactly take how much space? I didn't find any big folders but I'd be interested to check.

no, I was wrong, this update came to the Windows Grin
BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:51:45 PM

How many days still until the pools feature will be enabled? Those like me with weak computers have to wait for the pools for mining, it doesn't make any sense now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: