Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43565 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 08:59:57 PM

I also agree, but then you have people who are impatient and want updates every single day, which is also impossible.

We did try to handle this by creating this WebDollar Tasks progress https://trello.com/b/V7P9WLPj/dev-tasks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ildotoress

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:24:31 AM

This is real CPU mining, meaning the faster the CPU and the more cores it has the better results will be. Also new CPUs have newer instructions sets which are more efficient. Latest generation of Intel and AMD are the best.
Pools are already available and are working pretty fine. The code is not final (and some features will be added with time) but almost 98% of the miners now mine in pools, so this says a lot about the efficiency of the pools.
Satosho Kakamolto

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:17:31 PM

This is real CPU mining, meaning the faster the CPU and the more cores it has the better results will be. Also new CPUs have newer instructions sets which are more efficient. Latest generation of Intel and AMD are the best.
Pools are already available and are working pretty fine. The code is not final (and some features will be added with time) but almost 98% of the miners now mine in pools, so this says a lot about the efficiency of the pools.

Is the mining only done by the CPU ? Doesn't the graphic card have any influence on the hashrate that you can reach?
sandan2002

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:16:07 PM

Is the mining only done by the CPU ? Doesn't the graphic card have any influence on the hashrate that you can reach?
The graphic card doesn't have any influence on the hash rate.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:59:24 AM

This is an important point - still largely underestimated by the community. This will prefent rigs owners to harvest all the coins, not to speak about asic owners. Using computer as they are was the original concept of Satoshi Nakamoto.
WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 09:53:26 PM

This is an important point - still largely underestimated by the community. This will prefent rigs owners to harvest all the coins, not to speak about asic owners. Using computer as they are was the original concept of Satoshi Nakamoto.

WebDollar is profitable only with CPU. With GPU video cards it will mine less because it is very important the speed of the cache memory, and the CPU has the fastest speed to access the memory.

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:33:30 AM

Hello. I am confused by the number of coins pre-mined, you have somewhere that information about already distributed coins on the bounty and more. When I looked at you on the site to participate in the bounty, I saw that everything was already over ... https://webdollar.io/bounties
noisybit

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:47:35 AM

I really like this project, and this project is full of very good ideas, maybe I can try to join this project
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 04:34:32 AM

Hello. I am confused by the number of coins pre-mined, you have somewhere that information about already distributed coins on the bounty and more. When I looked at you on the site to participate in the bounty, I saw that everything was already over ... https://webdollar.io/bounties

On that link you can saw only the baby bouny which started few months ago. We will start a new series of bounies in Q3. Subscribe to our newslettter or social media for being kept up to date.
morion4000

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:13:36 AM

Hey. I believe that the idea of this project is still quite commercial. Please tell us a bit about the mining pool?

Check out one of the first mining pools created, WMP: http://webdollarminingpool.com/. It has the best features right now, that none of the competition has:
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:52:29 PM

WebDollar is profitable only with CPU. With GPU video cards it will mine less because it is very important the speed of the cache memory, and the CPU has the fastest speed to access the memory.

This is a very smart solution. Is there any other coins which has already used the same trick with the speed of the cache memory to exclude GPUs?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:12:54 PM

You must obviously know how to do things, if you want do them.
If you put aboriginal on your chair it take him long time to even turn on your PC.

Reffering to the difficulty of running own pool in console, it is really easy and pretty well explained here:
https://github.com/cbusuioceanu/How-to-deploy-WebDollar-Pool/blob/master/how-to-deploy-webdollar-pool.md

Tutorial is for linux, but same can be done on WIN10+ in VM or Ubuntu subsystem.

Thanks for the link to the pool instructions. By the way, any infos on the growth of pools - numner of members, hashrate etc.?
number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:17:48 AM

The use of crypto-conversions is very limited, and this excludes the old generations and the less IT-literate people.
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:48:55 AM

Hiya!
Currently involved with that project, but I'm just worried about a little matter here.. someone has been talking about a "hacking" that occurred a few weeks ago, and apparently those posts are being deleted. If there's been some hacking going on, why should anyone block/delete the users' comments and concerns about this event?
I like this project, really, and I think that there are many smart and user-friendly stuff going on here, but this kind of way of dealing with issues looks kinda "shady" Sad

I do hope that the project is legitimate, though...
rwhat333

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:43:02 PM

Yea, not sure how reliable things are with WebDollar anymore. I was waiting for the pool and exchange, but I feel like things just got heavily delayed. With the major of asset owned by a few wallets, not exactly the most "The coin for everyone" application. I have stopped mining since July. Hopefully there will be good news, but until then, I will just observe.
ildotoress

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:32:26 AM

The hack is explained by the devs if you go through the entire thread. Only malicious and offensive posts might have been moderated.
There are some big changes coming, so stay tuned.

The pools have been working fine now for a very long time (and everyone is mining only in pools, be it public or private). Just go on Telegram, that is the main method of active communication.
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 10:53:46 AM

Because we noticed there are few big farms mining webd instead every single person owning a pc or laptop, we are thinking now to switch from POW to a hybrid between POW and POS, where miners will use the computer power to mine 10 blocks and their stack to mine 20 blocks.

Because some big farms achieved many coins with small costs and they will have many chances to mine with POS ( which can lead to a 50%+1 on the POS ), due to this we found a ideal solution for make a better distribution of the mined coins, we're thinking to use for a while the genesis to mine with POS (which will be ~30% from all coins mined every day) and all mined webds to be used in very big bounties campaigns using our automatic bounty system, which will lead to mass adoption. And a coin which has mass adoption and POS system is very secure because is very hard to make an 50%+1

We truly belive this is the best solution in order to reach mass adoption but we want to listen the voice of our community. Mostly all of the members from telegram Chanel are so excited about this idea.

The hack is explained by the devs if you go through the entire thread. Only malicious and offensive posts might have been moderated.
There are some big changes coming, so stay tuned.

The pools have been working fine now for a very long time (and everyone is mining only in pools, be it public or private). Just go on Telegram, that is the main method of active communication.

Well pointed. Unfortunetly we're not very active in this tread as we are in out telegram channels.

Hey
Thanks for the ann thread! I wann know guys what is the minimum amount needed to invest in order to join the sale? Thanks in advance for your answer! )

Hi, we're not selling coins here and we didn't had any ICO. You can join in the trading telegram group where our miners are trading coins. You can use any amount accepted by our miners.

Yea, not sure how reliable things are with WebDollar anymore. I was waiting for the pool and exchange, but I feel like things just got heavily delayed. With the major of asset owned by a few wallets, not exactly the most "The coin for everyone" application. I have stopped mining since July. Hopefully there will be good news, but until then, I will just observe.

Due to those attacks on the blockchain we had to delay mining pools and exchange. We updated the road map and added new things which we consider good for our ecosystem. There are news in our project. Just read the beggening of this message.

Hiya!
Currently involved with that project, but I'm just worried about a little matter here.. someone has been talking about a "hacking" that occurred a few weeks ago, and apparently those posts are being deleted. If there's been some hacking going on, why should anyone block/delete the users' comments and concerns about this event?
I like this project, really, and I think that there are many smart and user-friendly stuff going on here, but this kind of way of dealing with issues looks kinda "shady" Sad

I do hope that the project is legitimate, though...

Thank you for asking this. We noticed a group of people which now are trying to make a lot of FUD about our project which is unhealthy. You can see in this thread what happened with the attack. It is nothing hidden.
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

Because we noticed there are few big farms mining webd instead every single person owning a pc or laptop, we are thinking now to switch from POW to a hybrid between POW and POS
Hey!
And what PoS % will we have annually ?
Don't make it too high please. 3-5% annually enough. Otherwise, the price will be very low.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
AlexandruPanait

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 11:08:44 AM

Because we noticed there are few big farms mining webd instead every single person owning a pc or laptop, we are thinking now to switch from POW to a hybrid between POW and POS
Hey!
And what PoS % will we have annually ?
Don't make it too high please. 3-5% annually enough. Otherwise, the price will be very low.

I don't understand what are you meaning. The mining will be in a cycle of 2 rounds. POW round with 10 blocks and POS round with 20 blocks. That means 33,(3)% POW and 66,(6)% POS
DerekHawk

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:14:01 AM

It looks very interesting but you have to list on exchanges as soon as posible. Anyway, I will follow this thread and Discord channel as well. Btw, do you have a twitter account, guys?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: