Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 38 th/s BTC miner on the way..  (Read 6925 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:58:55 AM

Information is of no value when it isn't accurate.  Nobody is releasing a 38 TH/s rig.

Scenarios:
a) you misunderstood = why should anyone trust you in the future?
b) you were mislead by scammers = = why should anyone trust you in the future?
c) you are part of the scammers playing the part of the neutral third party = why should anyone trust you in the future?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:01:36 AM

The 38 gh/s will be the larger unit
Looks like it was suppose to be GH/s.

JungleBook (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:13:51 AM

Information is of no value when it isn't accurate.  Nobody is releasing a 38 TH/s rig.

Scenarios:
a) you misunderstood = why should anyone trust you in the future?
b) you were mislead by scammers = = why should anyone trust you in the future?
c) you are part of the scammers playing the part of the neutral third party = why should anyone trust you in the future?

I truly appreciate your prospective. You have brought something’s to my attention that well better my posting in the future. I promise you. I will never support nor endorse a SCAM. If I catch wind of a source being dishonest. I will be the first to call the perpetrator out.  My group and I stand against people who try to scam. We try and use information to empower new Bitcoin enthusiasts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:16:21 AM

I think he mistyped

38 GHs to 38 THs

and the 30-38 GHs miner is not a scam...

Take a look at it yourself:

http://www.wtcr.ca/catalog/product/bm-ambec-01

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
FarSky7

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:20:09 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 06:44:34 AM by FarSky7

You can choose to write it off as pointless dribble or store it for when you hear something about a mammoth of an asic miner.

To be fair, he did say a MAMMOTH of an asic miner. Huh
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:12:09 AM

38 TH/s miner... I'm skeptical.  With all due respect, here's some reasons why:

Case size
The current state of the art Bitcoin ASICs use 28nm lithography.  The latest 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processors use 22nm lithography (e.g. the Intel® Core™ i7-4960HQ Processor).  Intel is a big company, I doubt we'll see relatively small (compared to Intel) Bitcoin ASIC manufacturers using better than 22nm lithography any time soon.  Even if a Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer did use 22nm, it is not a huge leap from the 28nm process used by Bitcoin ASICs now.  It's a leap, but I suspect not enough to pack 38 TH/s into one miner in a desktop or 4U (say) rack-mountable case. 

Power Usage
And what about power usage?  AFAIK current state of the art is Bitmine.ch in Low Power mode (pre-order, so we haven't seen a working example yet).  Their website claims 0.35W/GH/s in low power mode.  At that rate, 38 TH/s would draw 13.3kW.  In New Zealand, you can pull a maximum of 2.4kW from a standard 10A household power plug.  An entire house in NZ has a total supply of 240V @ 60A = 14.4kW.  (Someone else can advise the figures for the US and other countries, but I suspect it is fairly similar).  I'm pretty sure all the ASIC miners designed so far keep the power draw <= 2kW, otherwise it is difficult for a home user to use it.  Perhaps the 38 TH/s miner is for datacentres only?

BTW, the Asic Bitcoin Mining hardware comparison page on your web site is out of date.  It looks like an old list published on another site I saw a while back.  I don't have the time or patience to go through all the updates, but here's a few for you, free of charge:
  • Remove TerraHash from the list - their business has closed.
  • Include the 28nm miner pre-sales from Bitmine.ch - CoinCraft Desk and CoinCraft Rig.
  • KnCMiner - remove Mercury, it is no longer offered. Update the specs on Saturn to 275 GH/s and Jupiter to 550 GH/s as per the KnCMiner website.  My Jupiter gets 530+ GH/s, but some people get better than 550 GH/s, it varies a bit from unit to unit.  Also the KnCMiner ASICS draw roughly 1.2W/GH/s measured at the wall (sample of 1, my Jupiter)

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Atroxes

Activity: 119

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:45:51 AM

At BTC2 a piece, these will never make ROI.

Even at 38GH/s and if one would receive a miner as early as the 15th of November (which is highly unrealistic) one day after their promised shipping date, the miner would make a total of BTC1.68 according to http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator. At a conservative 30% diff. increase per 2016 blocks.

If you receive the miner today and mine for 8 months straight, you'd just barely make BTC2.

Do not invest.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 12:40:25 PM

Scam radar - smell detected.

petersiddle98

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:02:50 PM

Well, not worth the value, wait for the 1 TH/s ASIC, its the cheapest based on GH/s on market....

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:05:55 PM

Even at 38GH/s and if one would receive a miner as early as the 15th of November (which is highly unrealistic) one day after their promised shipping date, the miner would make a total of BTC1.68 according to http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator. At a conservative 30% diff. increase per 2016 blocks.

If you receive the miner today and mine for 8 months straight, you'd just barely make BTC2.

Do not invest.

He says its 38TH/s not 38GH/s.
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:10:23 PM

Do not invest.

He says its 38TH/s not 38GH/s.

Correct !!! 38TH/s    
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:13:48 PM

Scam would require me to ask for money. I am only offering FREE information. If i was to manufacture a devise like this.I would NOT sell it. I would build them and  mine independently .
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:17:42 PM

38 TH/s miner... I'm skeptical.  With all due respect, here's some reasons why:

Case size
The current state of the art Bitcoin ASICs use 28nm lithography.  The latest 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processors use 22nm lithography (e.g. the Intel® Core™ i7-4960HQ Processor).  Intel is a big company, I doubt we'll see relatively small (compared to Intel) Bitcoin ASIC manufacturers using better than 22nm lithography any time soon.  Even if a Bitcoin ASIC manufacturer did use 22nm, it is not a huge leap from the 28nm process used by Bitcoin ASICs now.  It's a leap, but I suspect not enough to pack 38 TH/s into one miner in a desktop or 4U (say) rack-mountable case. 

Power Usage
And what about power usage?  AFAIK current state of the art is Bitmine.ch in Low Power mode (pre-order, so we haven't seen a working example yet).  Their website claims 0.35W/GH/s in low power mode.  At that rate, 38 TH/s would draw 13.3kW.  In New Zealand, you can pull a maximum of 2.4kW from a standard 10A household power plug.  An entire house in NZ has a total supply of 240V @ 60A = 14.4kW.  (Someone else can advise the figures for the US and other countries, but I suspect it is fairly similar).  I'm pretty sure all the ASIC miners designed so far keep the power draw <= 2kW, otherwise it is difficult for a home user to use it.  Perhaps the 38 TH/s miner is for datacentres only?

BTW, the Asic Bitcoin Mining hardware comparison page on your web site is out of date.  It looks like an old list published on another site I saw a while back.  I don't have the time or patience to go through all the updates, but here's a few for you, free of charge:
  • Remove TerraHash from the list - their business has closed.
  • Include the 28nm miner pre-sales from Bitmine.ch - CoinCraft Desk and CoinCraft Rig.
  • KnCMiner - remove Mercury, it is no longer offered. Update the specs on Saturn to 275 GH/s and Jupiter to 550 GH/s as per the KnCMiner website.  My Jupiter gets 530+ GH/s, but some people get better than 550 GH/s, it varies a bit from unit to unit.  Also the KnCMiner ASICS draw roughly 1.2W/GH/s measured at the wall (sample of 1, my Jupiter)

Thank you for sharing information. Will make sure to make the changes
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:19:38 PM

Scam would require me to ask for money. I am only offering FREE information. If i was to manufacture a devise like this.I would NOT sell it. I would build them and  mine independently .

no, you are spreading scam information and advocating it. same deal.
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:12:05 PM

Scam would require me to ask for money. I am only offering FREE information. If i was to manufacture a devise like this.I would NOT sell it. I would build them and  mine independently .

no, you are spreading scam information and advocating it. same deal.

Are you 100% sure my information is incorrect? If you say yes .I guess you can also Predict the future and grant magical wishes. You have no idea what the future may bring nor can you disprove my information. Thus your statement is merely an opinion from 1  person out of 7.046 billion people on this earth. I do thank you for sharing your opinion. Everyone is certainly entitled to one
jawnzer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:20:06 PM

So will we know before the 28th, or after?
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:37:46 PM

So will we know before the 28th, or after?
That' the word. The developers will do the official announcement here on BitcoinTalk but have promised us at BitcoinSniper.com some sneak peak information along with a Physical review of the Miner. We will be flying out to their location to do some Video interviews. I believe this company truly wants to make sure to verify the validity of their hardware first before ever talking PRICE. BitcoinSniper.com will not be the only group involved in the review of this Company or its hardware. We will be representing the USA in our review effort. Several other country Reps will take part in the global release. I believe it was only a matter of time before MEGA industrial Rigs were introduced to the network. The million dollar question has always been. Why don’t large fortune 500 companies get involved in Bitcoin? Certainly if a fortune 500 company got involved into Bitcoin they would need a new CLASS of Asic miner? I believe with the introduction of this hardware will answer these questions.
fractalbc

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:03:02 PM

Power Usage
And what about power usage?  AFAIK current state of the art is Bitmine.ch in Low Power mode (pre-order, so we haven't seen a working example yet).  Their website claims 0.35W/GH/s in low power mode.  At that rate, 38 TH/s would draw 13.3kW.  In New Zealand, you can pull a maximum of 2.4kW from a standard 10A household power plug.  An entire house in NZ has a total supply of 240V @ 60A = 14.4kW.  (Someone else can advise the figures for the US and other countries, but I suspect it is fairly similar).  I'm pretty sure all the ASIC miners designed so far keep the power draw <= 2kW, otherwise it is difficult for a home user to use it.  Perhaps the 38 TH/s miner is for datacentres only?

Why bring reality into an unreal situation?

Modern houses in the US have a 100-150 amp main service at 220v.  It is hard to get more than a 200 amp service on a residence.  Standard wall outlets are 120v at either 15 or 20 amps.  No "plug in" device should exceed 80% of capacity.  Thus the most powerful device you would see in a common outlet in the US is 120v x 16 amps or about 1.9 KW.   I "think" the maximum a plug in device can draw is 60 amps.  Common high power plugs are 50 amps for a kitchen range and 30 amps for a clothes dryer.  So, you could reasonably draw 9-10 KW from a 50 amp range plug.

Monarch is around 0.5W/GH/s which is probably more representative which would want 19 kW for 38 TH/s.

So, applying a basic "smell check" suggests something isn't right with their numbers if the product is aimed at the consumer market.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:24:47 PM

Monarch is around 0.5W/GH/s which is probably more representative which would want 19 kW for 38 TH/s.

Monarch isn't 0.5 J/GH at the wall.  The chip "may" use 0.5 J/GH but when you add in 10% (or more) DC conversion losses, 10% (or more ATX PSU losses), plus the balance of the system you are closer to 0.8 J/GH which is suprisingly pretty close to the numbers from Cointerra, HashFast, and KNC.  Not that surprising given there is only so much efficiency possibly at 28 nm.
JungleBook (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:36:45 PM

Power Usage
And what about power usage?  AFAIK current state of the art is Bitmine.ch in Low Power mode (pre-order, so we haven't seen a working example yet).  Their website claims 0.35W/GH/s in low power mode.  At that rate, 38 TH/s would draw 13.3kW.  In New Zealand, you can pull a maximum of 2.4kW from a standard 10A household power plug.  An entire house in NZ has a total supply of 240V @ 60A = 14.4kW.  (Someone else can advise the figures for the US and other countries, but I suspect it is fairly similar).  I'm pretty sure all the ASIC miners designed so far keep the power draw <= 2kW, otherwise it is difficult for a home user to use it.  Perhaps the 38 TH/s miner is for datacentres only?

Why bring reality into an unreal situation?

Modern houses in the US have a 100-150 amp main service at 220v.  It is hard to get more than a 200 amp service on a residence.  Standard wall outlets are 120v at either 15 or 20 amps.  No "plug in" device should exceed 80% of capacity.  Thus the most powerful device you would see in a common outlet in the US is 120v x 16 amps or about 1.9 KW.   I "think" the maximum a plug in device can draw is 60 amps.  Common high power plugs are 50 amps for a kitchen range and 30 amps for a clothes dryer.  So, you could reasonably draw 9-10 KW from a 50 amp range plug.

So, applying a basic "smell check" suggests something isn't right with their numbers if the product is aimed at the consumer market.

Note: I mentioned the larger unit would more than likely be an industrial RIG . You cannot rule out the individual hardcore miner on the other hand. The right person with the proper funding can turn an industrial strength product into  personal application. It is amazing the ingenuity of a bitcoin miner with grand dreams of rolling in BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: