Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me find some nice examples...  (Read 530 times)
HenryRomp (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 12:32:25 AM

I'm trying to find some nice examples of X:

"The cheapest you can buy X online and pay with your credit card is > the cheapest you can buy X online with bitcoin."

Specifically, I'm looking for physical goods, not digital.

Theory being, people like to save money, and I'd like to be able to show people, "look! You can buy this with bitcoin and pay less!"

I went looking and had a hard time finding good examples. What gave me the idea was my sister posting something on facebook about buying shoes for her kids on Amazon. My first thought was, "let me see if there's anybody selling shoes for bitcoin at better prices," but I couldn't find any (they don't seem to have any shoes at bitcoinshop.us, I didn't really look much farther than that). But that led me to this more general inquiry.

Any specific examples where the savings are notable?

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 12:55:49 AM

I used to get topup codes for Virgin mobile prepaid cell service for a 6% discount using bitcoins over credit, but Virgin sold out the US brand to Sprint and that changed.  So I can't really offer you a current example, but it sounds to me that there is a profit opprotunity there.  Become the online shoe salesman that accepts bitcoin.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
HenryRomp (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 03:27:16 AM

I used to get topup codes for Virgin mobile prepaid cell service for a 6% discount using bitcoins over credit, but Virgin sold out the US brand to Sprint and that changed.  So I can't really offer you a current example, but it sounds to me that there is a profit opprotunity there.  Become the online shoe salesman that accepts bitcoin.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-iranian-shoe-store-trade-sanctions/

You saw the future.

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: