Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:12:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyCrypto vs Myetherwallet  (Read 155 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:37:08 AM

I know that they are basically the same thing but I believe at this point Mycrypto have more developers so the development must be more active? I want to know what the main differences and which one would you recommend?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:25:48 AM

all you need to know can be found here:

https://medium.com/mycrypto

in short: MEW was not meant to be what it became.

MyEtherWallet LLC was sufficient for the early stages of growth. MyCrypto is designed with next-level scaling in mind from the beginning.

they needed to make a few steps back and start it again with a "new" fundament.
whom to trust more? i dont know. but i switched to MyCrypto.
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:17:17 PM

I understand that but I want to what are the differences as of today. I'm not really interested in their future plans.

Now after checking the blog and seeing that they currently started supporting ShapeShift, It make me think that they could no longer keep running a free service and that's why they forked.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:24:07 PM

yes, i think money is one of the reason. it may be the main reason.
but i can understand that. if you start a project like that and suddenly its such a huge success. and the more users you have the more responsibility you have too. and if you want to make things right it needs time. and you have to chose between stoping it or transfer it into a "earn a living project".
DoubleShow

Activity: 292
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:26:45 AM

I know that they are basically the same thing but I believe at this point Mycrypto have more developers so the development must be more active? I want to know what the main differences and which one would you recommend?

Any competition in the market leads to improvement and progress. In fact we get the choice to use the old, but already well-established MEW, or to get new features and facilities but to use the new software, which is not yet proven by millions of users. In any case, the team MyCrypto chose a very good goal for yourself - to keep up with the times, to scale given the growing popularity of kryptonyte , as well as to work to the maximum possible facilities to their users.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:34:29 PM

MyEtherWallet fulfills the basic needs of most ethereum users. I believe the biggest difference would be a comparison between them against Parity for example whichenables scheduled transactions for example.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:12:11 PM

I wasnt aware on Mycrypto's existence if i havent read up this thread.When i do access that wallet its just really entirely almost identical to MEW but it do have added Tabs or features which cant be found on MEW.
It would be still considerable to use this one, thanks for sharing up. Still have doubts on putting huge amounts unlike on MEW but well its worth to try out.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:22:37 PM

Since you already used MEW (I guess so), you already know its features. MyCrypto looks like identical with MEW at first, but now they started an improved version and launched their Beta. If you are not aware yet, you could check the improvements made on their blog: MyCrypto Launches Public Beta or check directly MyCrypto Beta at https://beta.mycrypto.com/account

I would not recommend one as I haven't tried MyCrypto yet. I think it's for you to check out ~
vakoss

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:24:00 PM

I think going against MEW would be quite unprofitable to competitors. But if a competitor goes to such measures then have to pass a little time.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:48:30 AM

mrcrypto developers are also more active than myetherwallet, I see mrcrypto is also more concern to its users about wallet security. but myetherwallet remains a favorite of many people, do I have to switch to mrcrypto?
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:36:58 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 12:47:16 PM by MadGamer

Since you already used MEW (I guess so), you already know its features. MyCrypto looks like identical with MEW at first, but now they started an improved version and launched their Beta. If you are not aware yet, you could check the improvements made on their blog: MyCrypto Launches Public Beta or check directly MyCrypto Beta at https://beta.mycrypto.com/account

I would not recommend one as I haven't tried MyCrypto yet. I think it's for you to check out ~

Thanks! Detecting the ERC20 tokens automatically is definitely a good feature. I don't see why would anyone continue to use MEW when the Beta features are released.

I just tried it and apparently It's currently offline, I tried to connect to other nodes but nothing is changing.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:00:08 PM

Thanks! Detecting the ERC20 tokens automatically is definitely a good feature. I don't see why would anyone continue to use MEW when the Beta features are released.

I just tried it and apparently It's currently offline, I tried to connect to other nodes but nothing is changing.
I admit that after reading their blog and seeing their beta release, I also thought that the updated version is great. I already tried to connect/sign in via Metamask and I got to access the wallet. However, I still prefer to try to make transactions on the official launch. You can try now as it seems to be online atm.

Others may either unaware about MyCrypto yet, or they really just want MEW (I personally don't have any problem with MEW as well).
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:29:53 PM

mrcrypto developers are also more active than myetherwallet, I see mrcrypto is also more concern to its users about wallet security. but myetherwallet remains a favorite of many people, do I have to switch to mrcrypto?
it is your decision, so far ico have used MEW for their beliefs, and so far they have not got any serious obstacle in using MEW, but with the coming of MyCrypto it will be material comparison

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████