Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No block source available, need help ASAP  (Read 966 times)
aTollhouse (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:59:29 AM

I haven't been able to get my wallet to sync with the network. It's behind by 13 days and nothing is working.

Client Version v0.8.5-beta

Number of connections 0

Current number of blocks 265577
Estimated number of blocks 265577
Last block time Wed Oct 23 14:23:34 2013

(checked) Map port using UPnP
(checked) Connect through SOCKS proxy
Proxy IP: 127.0.0.1
Port: 9150
SOCKS Version: 5

I do not know much about how to get this client to work, just know how to send and receive my Bitcoins. Can anyone help me?? My network monitor is showing that it is downloading data, but the client is showing nothing.. I have .17 coins in my wallet currently and suppose to have another .01 being sent to my wallet. Do not want to lose my progress.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CobaltBlueD

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:19:20 AM

If you are d/l the blockchain from scratch it can take quite a while. I don't, however, think you are actually downloading the chain.  If you have zero connections, that's a problem.

Is port 8333 is open?
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:42:39 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 07:59:48 AM by Dare

(checked) Map port using UPnP
(checked) Connect through SOCKS proxy
Proxy IP: 127.0.0.1
Port: 9150
SOCKS Version: 5

Have you actually got a SOCKS proxy (e.g. Tor) running, and if so, are you sure it's on that port? If not, you don't want "Connect through SOCKS proxy" to be checked. If you do have a proxy, you should probably check it and make sure it is configured properly.

(By the way, restarting the client won't make you lose your progress. It'll just read through what it has downloaded and start downloading the next missing block, same as usual. Not having the blockchain downloaded won't affect your bitcoins, just your ability to spend them / see new transactions. If you need to see transactions while you're waiting, look up the address on blockexplorer or blockchain.info.)

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
aTollhouse (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:06:38 PM

Disabled the SOCKS proxy. Never had an issue with the wallet until last week. I do not keep the wallet running 24/7, but I run it when I have a transaction coming my way. Should have two transactions for .01 each and they are out there in la-la-land IMO. Do you think I should re-download the block chain? or would I lose my coins in my wallet??
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:12:12 PM

You could import the wallet.dat to blockchain.info
https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet

(your wallet.dat is the file that holds the keys to your Bitcoins, it's probably located at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin )
aTollhouse (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:34:48 PM

(your wallet.dat is the file that holds the keys to your Bitcoins, it's probably located at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin )

What about the .02 that isn't in my wallet yet?
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:54:59 PM

You don't hold actual Bitcoins in the wallet, you hold the keys to the address that allows you to spend them to other addresses.
So if you import the key, they will also be on the blockchain.info (no you cannot spend them from both and double the Bitcoins, only one would go through ;p).
aTollhouse (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:36:59 PM

You don't hold actual Bitcoins in the wallet, you hold the keys to the address that allows you to spend them to other addresses.
So if you import the key, they will also be on the blockchain.info (no you cannot spend them from both and double the Bitcoins, only one would go through ;p).

That worked! Thanks Cheesy
Dare

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 01:48:47 AM

The reason you don't see the 0.02 is because your client hasn't downloaded the blockchain yet - until it reaches the block that contains that transaction, the coins won't show up. That's one of the advantages of web wallets; they handle the blockchain so you don't have to.

If you only want to see the coins, go to blockchain.info and search for your address. If you want to be able to spend them from blockchain.info as well, that's when you import your wallet.dat and make an account. Remember to use 2FA, too, and save your wallet ID. Just a password isn't necessarily enough for security.

How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
punchD

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:01:54 AM

I am having the same problem.. someone please help???
Dare

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 04:52:07 AM

I am having the same problem.. someone please help???
Do you have a proxy enabled?

How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Pages: [1]
  Print