Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best new altcoin for gpu mining?  (Read 591 times)
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 02:54:36 AM

Seems like now the gpu mining is not profitable anymore. In the middle of bearish time we have upon us. Should I sell the gpus for now?

Many feel that now is a good time to sell GPUs. There is so much at risk because of all the threats incoming. Consider the following listed below, do your own research, and make your decision.

• ASICs like the Z9 and E3 are incoming
  • FPGAs are now being sold to the community
  • NVIDIA is coming out with a new series of GPUs
  • The difficulty of coins keeps getting higher with or without ASICs

Isn't it amazing how quickly rational thought and lists like this go right out the window when bitcoin goes back to $20K or higher? 

But that is a nice list to be aware of.  However, it is also more of the cons side of a pros/cons list so here are some pros to GPU mining:

1) Easy for those college kids with free electricity to pay for whatever gear they bought or whatever else they want to spend money on
2) New coin algorithms will always be developed with an interest to not be ASIC and FGPA resistant resulting in obsolete/worthless paper weights
3) New coins with low difficulty constantly emerge.  Many are worthless but some are valuable.  Hash power is a finite resource so when coins fork to new ASIC/FPGA resistant algorithms difficulty again can go lower and make the coin more attainable to CPU/GPU miners.

Great arguments to show the "other side of the coin" but like the first list's poster, i'm more skeptical about the future of GPU mining. Another reason is that big industry players are also getting into the mining business and when they do things in economies of scale, the college kids really don't stand a chance. A simple example is industry players getting good deals on electricity costs because of their volume (electricity). Examples like such keep them profitable and tend to push out those with higher electricity costs (college kids).

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1206

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:12:41 AM

Seems like now the gpu mining is not profitable anymore. In the middle of bearish time we have upon us. Should I sell the gpus for now?

Many feel that now is a good time to sell GPUs. There is so much at risk because of all the threats incoming. Consider the following listed below, do your own research, and make your decision.

Isn't it amazing how quickly rational thought and lists like this go right out the window when bitcoin goes back to $20K or higher? 

But that is a nice list to be aware of.  However, it is also more of the cons side of a pros/cons list so here are some pros to GPU mining:

1) Easy for those college kids with free electricity to pay for whatever gear they bought or whatever else they want to spend money on
2) New coin algorithms will always be developed with an interest to not be ASIC and FGPA resistant resulting in obsolete/worthless paper weights
3) New coins with low difficulty constantly emerge.  Many are worthless but some are valuable.  Hash power is a finite resource so when coins fork to new ASIC/FPGA resistant algorithms difficulty again can go lower and make the coin more attainable to CPU/GPU miners.

Great arguments to show the "other side of the coin" but like the first list's poster, i'm more skeptical about the future of GPU mining. Another reason is that big industry players are also getting into the mining business and when they do things in economies of scale, the college kids really don't stand a chance. A simple example is industry players getting good deals on electricity costs because of their volume (electricity). Examples like such keep them profitable and tend to push out those with higher electricity costs (college kids).

If I'm not mistaken, he's talking about college kids that are using college electricity to power their rigs/computers so that way they are using "free" electricity because they're not paying for it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:57:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken, he's talking about college kids that are using college electricity to power their rigs/computers so that way they are using "free" electricity because they're not paying for it.

You are not mistaken, slackovic Cool

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
cryptoboss5

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:15:55 PM

Hello, How are you doing? Are you a blockchain user? I have a package for you that can help you get free ethereum, bitcoin and bitcoincash, I have a picture of my balance attached. let me know if you're interested. You can earn quick money in no time.

Smiley Smiley
https://ufile.io/sgn9v
Mohondoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:28:48 AM

If you want to mine big coin (BTC,ETH,XMR etc) for now, yes of course it's not profitable anymore. Except you have great and a lot GPU you can be compared with ASIC miner.
But if you want to mine new coins, i think it has a possibility to get rich or profitable. You have to research about new coins, i can be sure several next years can be rich. Why? ,because, i think once was btc's miner not as rich as now. They also do research on that coin. So better leave the big coins and start looking for new coins for mining. Such as Musicoin, TRTL, ARTO,..etc
Happy research Smiley
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:09:52 AM

You should definatly not sell right now. GPU prices has gone down due to low profitablity on mining. You should wait, the crypto market always goes in circles, prices will rise again and mining profitability will rise with it. New coins will emerge from the ICO darkness and provide us with good coins to mine.  Grin
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:01:41 PM

What do you think about mining ethereum on solo pools? Of course there is no guarantee to finding a block but if you can find, it is nearly equal to yearly revenue.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: