Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:09:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So who sold < $230?  (Read 4474 times)
libity

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:37:27 AM

I sold some below 230 and sold my last coin around 250. Stupid, stupid me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:03:04 PM

erm, me. @200. Shocked
Was quite thrilled tho, had reloaded for Seals @ 115-125/BTC back in July.
Drawback now is that it's less volatile [soon to to be less expensive] to play live poker 4 cash now.
So I'm back to freerolls only.
And I still have 260 chippies [0.26 BTC] @ Seals.
Which might be worth >230 by xmas. we'll see.
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:07:31 PM

I'm sorry for you guys. I learned this lesson to never sell my coins long time ago and now if I have a feeling to sell coins I prefer to buy shares of sites that pop up everywhere and invest there instead of just selling. Now I'm just buying bitcoins when I can no matter the price.

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 12:25:39 PM

I'm sorry for you guys. I learned this lesson to never sell my coins long time ago and now if I have a feeling to sell coins I prefer to buy shares of sites that pop up everywhere and invest there instead of just selling. Now I'm just buying bitcoins when I can no matter the price.

Exactly that!  To be precise, I already bought some stuff for BTC (which is somewhat equal to selling), but I bought the coins back immediately.  I also sold some at MtGox to arbitrage a bit, but again only after buying them at Bitstamp.  (With a European bank account, I can actually receive withdrawals - slow and only small amounts, but it works and I don't have that much money anyway; mostly for fun.)

Most of my BTC (not that they are that many, but may still be worth something if it goes on like that) are in cold storage, though, so that I definitely don't get into the temptation to sell them anyway.  Just hold (most of the coins) in any case to be safe. Wink

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:40:57 PM

Really Spider? That sucks! Have you bought any Bitcoins back when you saw the price was going to rise fast again?

$120 Was probably the worst moment in the last year to sell your Bitcoins ^^

I don't wanna talk about it. Wink I've been through worse shit in my life so I'm really happy just to be alive Smiley
p.s. 120$ is still decent amount of fiat. I won't be starving for a long time Wink

forum.nem.io
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:53:21 PM

Hehe allright. It's fine as long as you ain't starving. Allthough, I guess you could live a bit more luxerious life if you sold them now at about $300 each. Karma is probably going to solve your bad choice!

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:07:59 PM

Hehe allright. It's fine as long as you ain't starving. Allthough, I guess you could live a bit more luxerious life if you sold them now at about $300 each. Karma is probably going to solve your bad choice!
Thank you sir!:) I know a hundred ways to earn money, but the speculation isn't my strong point. Good luck to you Smiley

forum.nem.io
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:05:37 PM

Thank you sir!:) I know a hundred ways to earn money, but the speculation isn't my strong point. Good luck to you Smiley

For most folks, selling a little bit on the way up is a good plan, along with buying a little bit on the way down. I prefer the strategy of selling 1% of total BTC for every 5% rise in price from the last buy/sell, and buying 1% more BTC for every 10% decrease from the last buy/sell. It feeds the speculation urge, but doesn't cause one to lose sleep at night.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:23:19 PM

sold 5 BTC at 150 each only some weeks ago
still not used the money.
could fully pay my next semester if i had hold
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:32:37 PM

For most folks, selling a little bit on the way up is a good plan, along with buying a little bit on the way down. I prefer the strategy of selling 1% of total BTC for every 5% rise in price from the last buy/sell, and buying 1% more BTC for every 10% decrease from the last buy/sell. It feeds the speculation urge, but doesn't cause one to lose sleep at night.

Haven't thought about such tactics. I guess I would go all-the-way untill I predict an huge incoming dump. Are there websites where you can use that strategy automatically? It does make sense. And I love my sleep.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

Zillions

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:48:31 PM

Haven't thought about such tactics. I guess I would go all-the-way untill I predict an huge incoming dump. Are there websites where you can use that strategy automatically? It does make sense. And I love my sleep.

Yes I'd also love to hear more about these strategies as I have full time job and cant constantly sit around trading coins.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:04:07 AM

I sold most of my btc at 190.  I kept on expecting a big drop in price. Yet, BTC looks stronger than it has ever been and then some.  I'm fearing that might not be able to buy back in without taking a loss.  I'm still surprised at just how stable it as at the price these days.

Now I'm in the slightly uncomfortable position of being a huge, huge fan of Bitcoin yet hoping desperately for a price crash because most my investments are suffering at this high price.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
amadeo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:13:39 AM

I sold most of my btc at 190.  I kept on expecting a big drop in price. Yet, BTC looks stronger than it has ever been and then some.  I'm fearing that might not be able to buy back in without taking a loss.  I'm still surprised at just how stable it as at the price these days.

Now I'm in the slightly uncomfortable position of being a huge, huge fan of Bitcoin yet hoping desperately for a price crash because most my investments are suffering at this high price.

I know that feeling. I bought some coins at $86 in the SR brief crash. Then when the price went all the way up to $200 I thought, damn, this has been a fast rise, then it went down to around $175 and when it was in $182 I sold everything making a good profit. Then it started to rise more and, you know, someone always thinks sooner or later it has to go back down, but if I had hold now I could have a much better profit.

Now I think I'm going to buy when the price gets corrected and hold some months/years.

What have you guys learnt from having sell bellow 230?
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:18:44 AM

Don't worry. There's pretty high chance for you to buy back at a price lower than 250. Exceptional fast increase always follows with a large correction.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:35:24 AM

Don't worry. There's pretty high chance for you to buy back at a price lower than 250. Exceptional fast increase always follows with a large correction.

This rise isn't anything on the order of the $32 or $266 rises. Yet. If this thing goes to $400 or $500+ in the next couple of weeks, then it could see less than $250 for a FEW MINUTES at some point in a flash crash.

Otherwise, barring really bad news resulting in a flash crash from current highs, I do not think we will see $250 again.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:37:53 AM

And I sold a lot at $40.

~.~

I will never forgive myself.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:48:09 AM

And I sold a lot at $40.

~.~

I hold over a hundred at $3.  That shit was triple what it was just a few weeks before Tongue.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:49:47 AM

And I sold a lot at $40.

~.~

I hold over a hundred at $3.  That shit was triple what it was just a few weeks before Tongue.

I bought mine at $15, (before the $32 bubble), literally forgot about bitcoin until I saw it back at $28 again, got excited, watched it go up to $40, and sold. And then rebought half of them at $90. Just WTF.

My only hope is to catch something like the $266 -> $60 fall again. That way I can quadruple my Bitcoin holdings and call it a wash.

GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:53:54 AM

sold 350 at $180  Sad
sold 50 at $312
sold 200 at $294
sold 50 at $309
sold 50 at $305

Be humble!
Don007
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:50:59 PM

At this particular moment we can say, who had sold <$300 or even $400?  Unbelieveble! Where is this going to end?!

With such increase it will hit the $500 in no-time!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: