Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:47:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CAVIRTEX - CANADIANS, STAY AWAY.  (Read 10807 times)
hashcakes

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:18:38 AM

There comes a time when one must grab the bull by the tail and face the situation ... :-)

From the province of Alberta registry, here is the publicly available data on CaVirtex (Virtex), for which I had to pay a small fee to obtain (anyone can do this);

"Virtex" is a trade name (aka "doing business as name", or "fictitious name") to identify this company as doing business in "financial services".  This name was registered on 2011/06/15 by a company called;

161243 Alberta Inc.

This Numbered Alberta Corporation in turn was registered on 2011/06/14 (the day before) by;

Joseph Toth (presumably his real name for his alias; "Joseph David") of; 1854 246 Stewart Green SW, Calgary, Alberta T3H3C8

Joseph is also listed as a director (the one and only) for this company.  The voting shareholders of the company are;

Joseph Toth (48% of voting shares)
     Raymond Ball (48% of voting shares) - 3244-52 Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta T2L1V5
     Peter Taylor (2% of voting shares) - 888 Rue de l'Église, Verdun, Quebec H4G2N2

All shares are; Class "A" 100 voting shares.

I haven't spent too much time trying to chase their information down on the internet.  I will leave that to others.  What I have found thus far is that;

1) Peter Taylor seems to be the most forthright of the three.  His address seems to check out and there is a home phone number for him in Quebec.
2) As for Joseph, good luck….  Both Joseph's address and his company's address seem to be phoney (UPS store, and a drug store mall).
3) I did not find a listing for Raymond's phone number to match his street address.  His street address may be legitimate though, as Google Maps does show a house by that address.

The last interesting tidbit is one for a Joseph Toth which was a complaint submitted on 2008/01/18 and can be found here;

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Toth-Hedge-For-Profit/nationwide/Joseph-Toth-Hedge-For-Profit-He-looks-like-hes-33-but-behaves-and-runs-his-business-like-301373

What is interesting about this complaint article is that Joseph's address (although bogus) pretty nearly matches up with his current address.

I know nothing about Joseph, his past life, or his present life.  However, he is hiding, and by all appearances he may have a good reason to do so too.

Do what you like with this information.  I know what I'm goin to do as I've seen enough.  Just thought I'd pass along all of this to you folks to help you in your decisions regarding CaVirtex.  Best of luck everyone.

chisefu

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:30:34 AM

What service did you end up using?
hashcakes

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:39:50 AM

What service did you end up using?

Go to;

http://www.servicealberta.ca/

and check out their links.  Their registry service has been farmed out to the private sector.  There are a number of these private registry services that provide this information to the public.  The above website has a list of them, just pick one and call them.
klmist

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:21:15 AM

The last interesting tidbit is one for a Joseph Toth which was a complaint submitted on 2008/01/18 and can be found here;

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Joseph-Toth-Hedge-For-Profit/nationwide/Joseph-Toth-Hedge-For-Profit-He-looks-like-hes-33-but-behaves-and-runs-his-business-like-301373

What is interesting about this complaint article is that Joseph's address (although bogus) pretty nearly matches up with his current address.

I know nothing about Joseph, his past life, or his present life.  However, he is hiding, and by all appearances he may have a good reason to do so too.

I found this quote from the complaint interesting as well:

"Oh, and by the way, when he tells you that he owns a telecom company don't believe that either. He is in the phone business I found out, but to call it a telecom company is a bit of a stretch.

In actuality it's a sex chat line, you know like the old 900 and 976 numbers that bill you for minutes and guys get to talk to girls while they play with themselves. That's what Joseph's telecom company is."

When CAvirtex started out they were accepting bill payments via a company called ACITelecom - http://acitelecomld.com/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: