Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Important] Safety tip for bitcoins  (Read 465 times)
Jochen (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:14:43 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 04:21:12 PM by Jochen

Hey guys,

I think you need to know the following before using bitcoins..

I see alot of topics going around where people give "free" bitcoins, but it can be dangerous on some of them.
You need to sign up for some links, but i think many people must know that if you sign up to such a site the webdesigner can see the password registered and can then hack your exchange account. I'm a webdesigner myself and if people register to my website i can see the password without an effort.
I think people better use a password specially/alone for the exchanger website's, that is not used on any other bitcoin-related site.
It may look like common sense but i see alot people making that mistake, and i already saw people who got hacked and lost alot of money.

I also think that people better put their money of the exchange website directly to their OFFLINE btc wallet(with backups) and only put them online for transactions so the chance of hacking is alot smaller and if the site is down or has problemens your money is safe on the wallet. I think i saw like 5 people in 1 week having the exchange account hacked so i thought sharing this..

Grtz.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jochen (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:23:15 PM

It's not my mother language but i'm trying my best..
You got mental issues man Roll Eyes?

How do you expect people to take you seriously if you start your scentences with capitalized letter "U"'s and continue to speak your entire peice with "ur" and "u" rather than Your and You.
Heres my statement, Using your grammar
How do u expect people to take u seriously if u start ur scentences with capitalized letter "U"'s and continue to speak ur entire peice with "ur" and "u" rather than Your and You.

Is it really SO hard for you to type the letters Y and O, They are both vowels, Vowels are what create words, a "word" without a verb is not an english word, This is why "Y" is "sometimes" a vowel

So if we use only the english words we get;
How do expect people to take seriously if start scentences with capitalized letter "U"'s and continue to speak entire peice with "ur" and "u" rather than Your and You.

Do you yet realise how cave-man stupid you sound?
Seriously, you literally caused me to, Rather than read what you typed, Enrage me to the point of ignoring your words and switching to yelling at you for your failures.
You will never be able to have an intellegent conversational argument if you exclude letters from your words, because every time, people will change the topic to your Fucked Up "english"

LOOK AT ALL THIS RAGE YOU PULLED OUT OF ME!, I cannot fucking stand it when Without reason, people exclude letters from words, causing them to nolonger fucking be a word!
Rather than get across to me, Or anyone in your target audience, your concerns and cares, we Stare at your failed english and that blinds us from the rest of your words.

Leanna

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:38:41 PM

Thanks for the warning Jochen, and I see you corrected all your "u"s.

Just so you know... Not being a native English speaker does not excuse using "u" instead of "you". I am not a native English speaker, yet I take pride in being grammatically correct, and getting all spelling right.
Especially when you post about security measures on a forum that revolves around an emerging currency. Please make the effort to sound grown up.
Your reply to JackRabbit ("You got mental issues man?") doesn't contribute to the discussion, and makes you seem very immature.

While JackRabbit may have gone off on a bit of a rant, I see his point very clearly.

Writing (and speaking) English in a "grown up" way goes a long way to bring your point across.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: