Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:41:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How financial freedom can be achieved with smart investments  (Read 282 times)
cheefbuza (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:23:08 AM

Financial freedom doesn't necessarily mean you will be a millionaire or super wealthy, it means that you will not need to work anymore and if yes then by choice. You also don't have to run a business, build a company or to make a startup (ICOs in our case). It's less about income and more about an outcome, saving is a really important factor in the whole financial freedom. The sooner you want to be free and live by choice, the more money you need to save.

Investment is playing two parts in this economic game, investment is a one way to gain profits for the long-term and take your 1 million dollars and make it 2 million dollars in ten years, which might be slow but safe and influencing part in your life. The second part is that investment is also a way to store your value and in the good case to raise it naturally, let's say each month you can save $1,000 so you add this to your investment and in that way you collect more and more money towards the amount goal, so while you are saving your money you are also growing this up with the time.  If you cut your expenses and increase your savings while storing in a smart investment, you are on the right path to financial freedom. It's simple but definitely not easy.

People, especially old people tend to save their wealth in the bank. But 0.5% interest a year and not even this, it's not a saving way. It's a wasted money.
If you are going to hold your savings let's say 100,000 USD in your bank for ten years, then you literally just spent thousands of dollars. How? You simply could put it in the safest investments and make it through and once you want to take this out, you could have above 150,000 instead of 105,000. Your bank is your enemy for savings, they can't give you what you really want. Holding money is valuable and can be used for more money in a very safe way. Every moment that your money doesn't have a purpose, you are losing money, you are losing time, you are masking a mistake!
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:51:21 AM

Financial freedom doesn't necessarily mean you will be a millionaire or super wealthy, it means that you will not need to work anymore and if yes then by choice. You also don't have to run a business, build a company or to make a startup (ICOs in our case). It's less about income and more about an outcome, saving is a really important factor in the whole financial freedom. The sooner you want to be free and live by choice, the more money you need to save.

I see some good points here. Getting financial stability is never about having millions or billions in the account but some amount that is more than sufficient to keep in you banks accounts and give you all that you need in your life. I mean if you are big dreamer and want to have 100 cars then obviously thats different story and such way of thinking might never give us the financial stability. I mean that will need huge money, so money that we might just keep earning for whole life and still will be insufficient. The would never get us the stability.

Investment is playing two parts in this economic game, investment is a one way to gain profits for the long-term and take your 1 million dollars and make it 2 million dollars in ten years, which might be slow but safe and influencing part in your life. The second part is that investment is also a way to store your value and in the good case to raise it naturally, let's say each month you can save $1,000 so you add this to your investment and in that way you collect more and more money towards the amount goal, so while you are saving your money you are also growing this up with the time.  If you cut your expenses and increase your savings while storing in a smart investment, you are on the right path to financial freedom. It's simple but definitely not easy.

Indeed. Cut down the unwanted expenses. And as I described in my fired paragraph I do believe that having too big dreams or something really unwanted like 100 cars would be bad to achieve and getting the stability there on.
Saving is the key for success and I have always followed this. If I am getting $100 USD then I will surely save 20 USD in my FD's or somewhere safe and then will do whatever I want with the rest 80 making sure that they are not going into unwanted investment.

People, especially old people tend to save their wealth in the bank. But 0.5% interest a year and not even this, it's not a saving way. It's a wasted money.
If you are going to hold your savings let's say 100,000 USD in your bank for ten years, then you literally just spent thousands of dollars. How? You simply could put it in the safest investments and make it through and once you want to take this out, you could have above 150,000 instead of 105,000. Your bank is your enemy for savings, they can't give you what you really want. Holding money is valuable and can be used for more money in a very safe way. Every moment that your money doesn't have a purpose, you are losing money, you are losing time, you are masking a mistake!

We have no choice for the long term savings but crypto has given us the opportunity, however that too carries lot of risk in it. I would say for the old people Gold is best investment looking at the time they are in during the life. Obviously its worth discussing that they are old and have got less time. Better to put money in the Gold or asset who has got real store value.
DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:16:34 AM

Financial freedom, smart investments - both of these things cool.
BUT
If you haven't "free money", which you can invest?
What should these people do?
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:35:44 AM

That seems to be some good advice for entro level investors. Very true that financial freedom is much needed. And investment from an early time is always a good support system in this pursuit. As far as banks are concerened, they definetely arent paying great interests for sure. But they are rather safe than most of other investment platforms. Specially for someone who knows nothing abt stock market, mutual funds, cryptos for that matter, these people tend to fall for bank because that sound safer and easier for them.

This is certainly missing out of huge potential of return on investment in done from other way. The proper knowledge is lacking amoung masses. Everything except bank seems to be some ponzi scheme, some fraud to these people. They need to be well informed on how their money is sitting ideally in bank and how can they put their money to work without actually having themselves to do much work.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:52:38 AM

about what you quote right now I think it really has an important point in terms of financial freedom but if I can add one thing we have to do in achieving financial freedom, of course we must be working hard to achieve it. so I mean to achieve financial freedom either by any means or method that will be done of course will not be achieved without realistic thinking and I think working hard is a very realistic thinking in terms of achieving financial freedom.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:07:20 AM

Yeah, if you are holding your money in a bank, you're probably better off making investments into store of values such as bitcoin, silver, or gold. They can provide way higher returns in the long term than bank deposits and you actually have something tangible that you can hold onto.

For me, investing isn't really about making a profit all the time. More of the time it's just to protect the value of my savings against inflation and the debt based fiat economy.

Holding onto any sort of fiat currency for the long term, whether in an interest bearing account or not, is pretty dumb. You're just not utilising your investments to its full potential at all. You're relying on someone to set an interest rate for you and accepting it. The goal of investing isn't that, it's to keep your savings growing in real terms(inflation adjusted).
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:37:44 AM

Smart investments are the way wealthy people keep their wealth. If you do not invest your money then you will just end up spending it all in no time. Investments bring you money while you sleep and you don't have to do anything, just watch them and collect the profits which they make you, which you could either choose to spend or choose to reinvest the choice is yours.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:14:56 AM

This is a good advice and theoretically true but its not that easy to pratice and pick a smart investments. I believe if you're talking about smart investment in bitcoin forum then in the end you would be suggesting people to invest in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. However do you ever realized that picking a "smart investments" isn't as easy as creating an ICO?? There is risk in every investment and everything could happen, its not as easy as storing your money under your pillow.

Financial freedom doesn't necessarily mean you will be a millionaire or super wealthy, it means that you will not need to work anymore and if yes then by choice. You also don't have to run a business, build a company or to make a startup (ICOs in our case).
Sorry to make this up but i think this is a bullshit, you won't need to work anymore? You don't have to run a business? If it doesn't necessarily mean that i'll become a millionaire and i don't work and i also don't run a business. Does that means i'll be living in poverty?? This is the wrong mindset, if you only hoping your investment will gave you free money everyday to cover your expenses while you don't have a job and doesn't have a business, than you might be daydreaming or drunk when you're writing this. Go check out every entrepreneur out there who still hold their wealth until now, they keep working and grinding for themselves because they know everything is possible and everything can turn around as fast as you blink.

Financial freedom, smart investments - both of these things cool.
BUT
If you haven't "free money", which you can invest?
What should these people do?
Its easy, you should go to work instead asking around the forum  Grin Grin
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:25:53 AM

Talks of the rich bastards!

Obviously we cant do anything in this world without the smart work now a days. There is no way we can make it upto the savings, good assets and some bonds on our names! These are old stuff now, there is no hard work anymore and what we have is just smart way of investing our money and then earning some extra bucks. Those who think that they can live on single income then they are most welcome to show how they live their life! I mean at least I cant live on single income which is indeed insufficient.

OP says about the cutting down of my expenses but I am sorry about that because if I am earning money then I am earning it to spend not to store! I know the shit that there could be emergency cases and stuff but no thank you my insurance already got that covered.  Cool

Better get our asses at the work and do smartest work possible. Savings will always be there automatically when we hold things for long period of time waiting for our coins to pop.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:39:37 AM

Financial freedom for me is you are living from the fruits of your investments and nothing more. No need to work 24-7, no business to run, just pure earnings from investments. This can happen if you start investing early in stocks, bonds or anything that works for you, and all you have to do is wait for your money monthly. It can also be monthly payments from a condominium or house rental. Imagine owning a condominium unit and a company leased the unit for 10 years with options to extend for another 5 years, or maybe a power transmission line or a telecom company plans to build a cellsite at a land that you own. I know someone who allowed a power company to build a transmission line in a land he owns and there are 3 transmission line that pass through his land. He doesn't need to work anymore and he got free electricity.
hiker

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:15:30 AM

Financial freedom is the main pillar of all the freedoms that you may possess. Without it you would be obliged to follow the orders of other people who pay you money for your job or vote or support of their cause. No financial freedom means no any other freedom for you at all.

Financial freedom means that you have money independently of whether you are working or not. It means passive income or having a lump sum of assets enough to live for, say, 50 years in the future. These assets and incomes should be independent of inflation.

To protect your future from “black swans” your assets and income should be diversified - that’s the only available protection, as nobody knows the future and only “covering the field” can somewhat guarantee some stability.

Creating income stream usually means sacrificing some current consumption for the future income. Saving and investing works wanders on longer timeframes because of the nature of compounded interest.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:52:30 PM

I remember attending a Robert Kiyosaki "how to achieve financial freedom" seminar years ago. It was disappointing. There isn't a lot of good information publicly available on this topic. All of the "financial freedom" gurus (as far as I can tell) repeat the same generic things and offer the same generic methods. A person might get better advice reading a book about financial planning and learning basic fundamentals on how to formulate and execute a financial plan for their future.

Statistically, things are very bad. The vast majority of people have no plan for retirement. They have no plan for saving money to send their children to college. And a high percentage have less than $1,000 in savings. Credit card debt, student loan debt and other forms of debt are at all time highs with many not having a forseeable future where that debt is paid off anytime soon.

It is very good that people are becoming more conscious of finance and that there is a lot of interest surrounding it. But there is neglect when it comes to people recognizing a link between finance and economics. I suspect most will never have a decent grasp of finance unless they have a tiny bit of economics knowledge. Everyone wants to discuss finance and how to achieve "financial freedom" but not many want to discuss economics. The lack of economic discussion is what will prevent many from being successful with their financial ambitions/planning.
Perseusallen

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:25:50 PM

Smart investments comes from smart plannings and smart strategies to become successful is that right. So in order to become smart you have to study all if the route of your  journey. Of course you have to do it so you will master the changes.. Just like stock market you have to think all that posible to happen to protect and to make a profit from your money.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:57:54 PM

Very interesting and true what you said but I dont know how many people do this things. You talked about saving more and that is obviously the best advice because we all spend money on useless things. But you also said that it is more about outcome than income but what you do when you dont have any income. From my opinion it is a lot better to have more income so that you have more to spend on the things you like and this is going to help you. I think is better to go in a fancy vacation in Dubai than a simple vacation at the beach in your country because you feel a lot better and that results you are happier and healthier. I know it is a lot harder to make income higher but we got to recognize that is a lot better when you have more money.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:26:04 AM

Investment is playing two parts in this economic game, investment is a one way to gain profits for the long-term and take your 1 million dollars and make it 2 million dollars in ten years, which might be slow but safe and influencing part in your life. The second part is that investment is also a way to store your value and in the good case to raise it naturally, let's say each month you can save $1,000 so you add this to your investment and in that way you collect more and more money towards the amount goal, so while you are saving your money you are also growing this up with the time.  If you cut your expenses and increase your savings while storing in a smart investment, you are on the right path to financial freedom. It's simple but definitely not easy.

You are correct, but 99% of the people cannot make use of your advice, why? Because they do not save anything in fact most of them are in debt and the few that save their money are never going to invest not realizing that saving is just the beginning of their financial independence you need to use that money to invest, when I exposed that to my friends they did not believe me, so ignorance about how to increase your wealth is a huge problem among the general population.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:52:50 AM

What I like about financial freedom is that I own my time and can do whatever I want as long as I can afford it but without exerting an effort to earn it because it will just come automatically. In the beginning, you have to work hard and work smart to achieve financial freedom because there are so many people who work hard but still not able to reach their goals of financial freedom due to some mistakes and spending habits. The way for it is having smart investments or passive income in order for you to still earn without needing to work anymore.

There are many people who wanted to achieve financial freedom but refuse to have an extra effort to achieve it. There are so many who are dreaming of it but refuse to take an action. They are just until the dreaming part but do not make a move to achieve it. I am hoping that someday, saving and investment would be taught in school because nowadays, school program the student's mind to study well to get a better job or in other words, work for someone else. 

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 03:21:39 AM

Financial freedom is attainable by all of the people if all of us are employed and have a lot of benefits and insurances. But as what we can see right now, billions of people are dying due to the lack of source. Financial stability is unsustainable. We can't ease the problem dealing with financial crisis and even the government cannot solve the problems.
How do we achieve financial freedom if we don't have the capacity to take our necessities in our daily life? Poverty is the root cause of financial crisis, lack of education and lack of future. If we don't have the knowledge in investment, how do we achieve financial freedom?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:45:50 AM

about what you quote right now I think it really has an important point in terms of financial freedom but if I can add one thing we have to do in achieving financial freedom, of course we must be working hard to achieve it. so I mean to achieve financial freedom either by any means or method that will be done of course will not be achieved without realistic thinking and I think working hard is a very realistic thinking in terms of achieving financial freedom.

I agree with that, financial freedom or financially stable is hard to achieve but if you are very dedicated to do that then there is no possible thing to stop you, of course failures comes in I think you just have to keep moving forward . Smart Investments will going to be the back up for us to keep movibg forward, cause this days idea come if you have a great capital.
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:55:18 AM

I agree with that, financial freedom or financially stable is hard to achieve but if you are very dedicated to do that then there is no possible thing to stop you, of course failures comes in I think you just have to keep moving forward . Smart Investments will going to be the back up for us to keep movibg forward, cause this days idea come if you have a great capital.
i think to do that we have to right plan, so that when we step will be according to what is planned. financial freedom can be achieved if we are realistic and consistent with the plan already made
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:10:59 AM

Intelligent investments not only rely on ownership of a lot of funds/assets but also include the ability to manage or control one's own time, able to read the situation and conditions that are happening and think twice before doing an action.

You are right, for me the bank is only a predator which will kill the people's economy slowly especially his customers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: