Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why so many scam ico these days?  (Read 1021 times)
Liquidhero

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:57:05 AM

Because it's an easy way to make money. You need to be careful and study in detail the information about the projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:03:33 AM

Lots of ICO coming up with intention of raising fund by showing concept . Before entrepreneurs has to reach angel investors or like soft bank kind of big organization to fund . Now it became easy to raise millions of dollar . But lots of projects doesn't even required blockchain solution . Simply they want to raise the fund so they are coming up with blockchain solution. In 2018 ico's 7 out of 10 became loss for investors.
political1907

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:05:12 AM

Because everybody wants to make money from the easy way and the fraudsters are evaluating it. That's why we have to be very careful with scam ICOs.

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:06:22 AM

Thanks to all that scammers people are not investing into ICO anymore, only a little number of ICOs can reach a soft/hard-cap and its going to be worst in the future
johnywalkerrr

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:06:52 AM

are you aware of this? I entered and immersed 2 ICO. is it because btc is in the swamp? why so many these days?
Because it is too easy to lauch the ICO without any regulation in this field. Thats why I prefer investing now in security tokens like LibreCash or Adgex as they operate in strict jurisdiction and wont get scammed for sure. If u will find other security tokens ICOs - take a look at them as well.
Don Stefanello

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:15:21 AM

Its crazy how much of the icos were a scam lately, this is one of the reasons why cryptos cant go mainstream at this moment, how do you think average Joe would react and handle the situation, whole crypto has a lot to improve
selskoidima

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:16:25 AM

are you aware of this? I entered and immersed 2 ICO. is it because btc is in the swamp? why so many these days?
Because it is too easy to lauch the ICO without any regulation in this field. Thats why I prefer investing now in security tokens like LibreCash or Adgex as they operate in strict jurisdiction and wont get scammed for sure. If u will find other security tokens ICOs - take a look at them as well.
Even jurisdiction wont save u to get broke mate. Scam it is not only about stopping the work arond the ICO it is only significantly dropped price for a long time.
Nevertheles It has nothing to do with project u have mentioned. Im just sharing my thoughts
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:17:40 AM

Because this is a simple way to deceive people. Many do not even understand the structure of the project, do not study it, and then complain that they were deceived. Especially today it is very difficult to find a worthy project.
johnywalkerrr

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:20:50 AM

Even jurisdiction wont save u to get broke mate. Scam it is not only about stopping the work arond the ICO it is only significantly dropped price for a long time.
Nevertheles It has nothing to do with project u have mentioned. Im just sharing my thoughts
Price is temporary thing. It may dump or skyrocket due to the whales efforts. Scammy projects only those ones where devs stopped developing at all and from this point of view better to focus on what jurisdiction project belong and if it is security/utility token because only security tokens and team behind them have strictly follow the rules, that why Im considering investing in such project like librecash, adgex, heaven probably
yapa ve yalniz

Activity: 463
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:25:53 AM

must be carefully examined before investing. some sites do not even have a certificate (https). does not trust me such sites. be carefully.

Wolfman15

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:29:11 AM

People understand that getting money with ICO is quite simple and therefore resort to such methods of fraud. We need to be cautious and I hope that in the future the industry will move to DAICO with a decentralized receipt of funds for the development of the project. In this approach, the team's resources will be obtained depending on what is written in the smart contract and only with the vote of the holders of the tokens, these funds can be paid in other amounts. This is an excellent approach, which in the future can protect us from fraud and I hope that we will be able to come to this approach

aldrin6697

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

It is where newbie always starts. Since it is famous in social medias many people are scammed due to not enough education about icos.
selskoidima

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:38:37 AM

Price is temporary thing. It may dump or skyrocket due to the whales efforts. Scammy projects only those ones where devs stopped developing at all and from this point of view better to focus on what jurisdiction project belong and if it is security/utility token because only security tokens and team behind them have strictly follow the rules, that why Im considering investing in such project like librecash, adgex, heaven probably
we  have different opinions about scam projects. Fine with u
As for jurisdiction probably u are right, i would pay special attention to that in the future ICOs, if I decided to take part in any surely Grin
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:40:41 AM

Strange question.. Easy money and almost no responsibility. In many countries there are no legal responsibility for something like that.
You just collect ETH/BTC whatever, and that´s it. No product, coins with no exchanges. That´s it..
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:42:35 AM

ICO gained its popularity in 2017 and after that many people with bad intentions try to take advantage of such event because in ICO's, the cash flow seems so high. Anything that becomes popular especially with regard to money, will certainly be the target for bad people. So, be careful!

Osiris0

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:42:54 AM

It is not a surprise at all. And probably some projects are not scammers, they just do not have a good strategy for that bloody bear market.
johnywalkerrr

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:48:36 AM

we  have different opinions about scam projects. Fine with u
As for jurisdiction probably u are right, i would pay special attention to that in the future ICOs, if I decided to take part in any surely Grin
Most of ICOs hate questions about jurisdiction and try to avoid them as they know the investors know what jurisdiction is strict one and what is the loyal.
If you have asked in the chat about jurisdiction and did not get answer promtly, take it from me, it is not worthy ICO.
Take a look at LibreCash and Adgex. As for now it is the most promising projects.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:06:14 PM

yes it is the trigger of all scam ico's. cryptocurrency earns popularity during last year because the price of bitcoin suddenly increases that no one actually expect to happen.
Profuter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:13:39 PM

Strange question.. Easy money and almost no responsibility. In many countries there are no legal responsibility for something like that.
You just collect ETH/BTC whatever, and that´s it. No product, coins with no exchanges. That´s it..
So simple) I think even a schoolboy can make a scam project.
Saisher

Activity: 2282
Merit: 175

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:20:37 PM

I'm still new in the bounty campaign I hope I am in the right campaign so far the Ico I'm in seems to be a good project and legit maybe double checking the ICO is a big must if you are going to invest, scammers are now going great imitating a real project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: