Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fund raising through an ICO  (Read 595 times)
tuikindu

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:09:20 AM

It's a great idea that any company can start with ICO rather than starting a business.

They need money to develop their projects, and it is easier to raise money through it than through other means.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:16:39 AM

Is it possible for a company to raise funds through an ICO even if it is not a startup?  Huh  For example: Say company X manufactures chocolates but now it wants to further expand its operations and needs funds for it, can it opt for ICO instead of a Private Equity fund or a Bank Debt?
Please help I am a complete newbie and this concept is confusing me a lot  Roll Eyes
Thanks

I think it is possible to raise funds through ICO specially if the coin are acceptable to the market and the project become successful. It more easy and you can raise more than enough funds than a  private equity fund.

vanhao113

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

Is it possible for a company to raise funds through an ICO even if it is not a startup?  Huh  For example: Say company X manufactures chocolates but now it wants to further expand its operations and needs funds for it, can it opt for ICO instead of a Private Equity fund or a Bank Debt?
Please help I am a complete newbie and this concept is confusing me a lot  Roll Eyes
Thanks

ICO Merculet

ICO DETAILS

MVP notation
Type: ERC 20
Hardcap: 31000 ETH
ICO 1 ETH = 87500 MVP (bonus with 20% bonus)
Total supply: $ 10 billion
Distribution: 35% for development funds, 15% for marketing, 30% for ICO, 20% for development teams and consultants.

DEVELOP TEAM

Overall, the 10-member development team has a wealth of experience from large companies such as HP, EMC, SAP. Some of the prominent members in the development team are.

Ivan Jiang, project lead, led by Hewlett-Packard HP China, HP Silicon Valley, SAP chief engineer, SAP Cloud acceleration
Shen Jun Zhang, CTO of the project has more than 12 years of experience in the field of information technology, wall work for many large companies in the world such as HP, SAP, EMC. Currently CTO of Magic Windown, in charge of developing services on the phone
Jerry Gao, CPO of the project has more than 10 years of experience in the design of interfaces for telephony products, served as Data Solution Solution Consultant Vivaki
LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 04:44:27 AM

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. So, before the chocolate company was to raise an ICO project then the first thing they did was to make a token. and the token benefits are not just for creating ICO projects but they can also be used to buy chocolate in the chocolate company.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
Ashimwe

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:56:05 AM

I think it can...............seen many ICO's who were scam with no product raise millions of money, but it would be better if it adopts blockchain tech and prints coins that will be used in some use in the particular field it is, that's how you pay back investors
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:36:46 PM

It's a great idea that any company can start with ICO rather than starting a business.

They need money to develop their projects, and it is easier to raise money through it than through other means.
This kind of thinking is why governments are regulating icos, many people instead of creating their own businesses or trying to develop their projects on their own are just starting icos trying to get as much money as they want and then run away with it, and while I do not like regulations I understand very well why we need to regulations because some people are taking advantage of investors.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:06:49 AM

Thanks
I think it will be great. Because in this case ICO will be very popular for the investors. Because you can be sure that behind the token existing something real.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:08:29 AM

But also I think - ICO should be regulated the same like a IPO.
Sergey S.

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:38:36 PM

Is it possible for a company to raise funds through an ICO even if it is not a startup?  Huh  For example: Say company X manufactures chocolates but now it wants to further expand its operations and needs funds for it, can it opt for ICO instead of a Private Equity fund or a Bank Debt?
Please help I am a complete newbie and this concept is confusing me a lot  Roll Eyes
Thanks
I think it will be great. Because in this case ICO will be very popular for the investors. Because you can be sure that behind the token existing something real.
I absolutely agree! I think it's more safely way to invest in a project that already works! I like this one https://bineuro.com/web/ BiNeuro is artificial intelligence - neuronet to manage Google advertising campaign from Google Premier Partner. And the most important - BiNeuro is already working and showing excellent results in PPC advertising campaign! Team UCT WORLD CORPORATION was nominated to TOP 10 of Google 's fastest growing partners in the World owing to the BiNeuro system! Highly recommend
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:41:20 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 08:29:27 PM by wxa7115

Is it possible for a company to raise funds through an ICO even if it is not a startup?  Huh  For example: Say company X manufactures chocolates but now it wants to further expand its operations and needs funds for it, can it opt for ICO instead of a Private Equity fund or a Bank Debt?
Please help I am a complete newbie and this concept is confusing me a lot  Roll Eyes
Thanks
I absolutely agree! I think it's more safely way to invest in a project that already works! I like this one https://bineuro.com/web/ BiNeuro is artificial intelligence - neuronet to manage Google advertising campaign from Google Premier Partner. And the most important - BiNeuro is already working and showing excellent results in PPC advertising campaign! Team UCT WORLD CORPORATION was nominated to TOP 10 of Google 's fastest growing partners in the World owing to the BiNeuro system! Highly recommend
While investing in a project that is ready is safer you need to understand that the least amount of risk that you take the least amount of profits you are going to have, for example investing right now in bitcoin is not very risky because now we know that bitcoin is going to survive and it's going to be here for a lot of time so the profits are limited, but investing in something that you do not know if it's going to become a success or not then the chances that you lose your money are we greater but if that is not the case there is a big chance that you multiply your money many times over.
eriwis

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:07:23 AM

Of course it can be, the main entity of ico is crowdfunding. This is then a problem because now everyone can create their own tokens.
solovalley

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:25:22 AM

Can and maybe already many do it. But the problem is whether the company really needs it. Because otherwise the possibility will be counter productive and not in line with the existing system.
KopiItem

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:05:17 AM

Thanks
Of course it is possible, now everything possible in the cryptocurrency  Smiley If some company need funds to expand their projects they can offering their coins that the company make for the project. So the people who want invest for the project just join the ICO and buy the coin which is the project offer. One of the advantage of the ICO is the price of the coin cheaper and so many bonuses that investor can get when buy in the ICO stage, rather than investor buy after ICO ends. But when we want invest in the ICO's project we must carefully choose ICO because there are so many ICO scam which made by the unresponsibility people.
Slugmonkey

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:05:05 AM

It is possible to raise funds through ICO, but you need to make your own coin. One which coincides with your vision, the product should be such which compliments the vision. Then with appropriate marketing and promotion you can raise the funds you need. Yes, an existing company can also raise through ICO. The process can be confusing as regulation is very grey so make sure a law expert familiar with legality of your area is on board.
saras008

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:18:01 AM

Nowadays everyone with whitepaper capital can make the project. If startup alone can let alone companies that already exist. So it is quite possible that traditional companies will go digital by utilizing crypto.
nicolebtccrypto

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:22:22 AM

Thanks
I think it is possible if you can impress the company by your product. It also depends on your coin offering if it will fit to your product. Your product must be good inorder for the company to accept it.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:25:16 AM

Thanks
This is very possible and you just need to build trust in other to be able to actually rise fund for your project. However many scammers are now in the icos market and start up projects are what their are using to scam people. I have invest in many start up projects and 99% of them are scam. If you desire to start a company why not start from using your own capital and later use ico market to raise money for expansion.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:35:44 AM

ICO stands for Initial coin offering, so it's only feasible if you're creating a new coin or payout coins from the dev wallet.

It is possible to raise funds for an ICO as an already existing company, yes.

Indeed. Thats why they are creating them and to be honest thats the easier way to go as compared the bank funding option. The later one needs huge documentation, collateral securities and much more to pass the funding.

ICO's first principle is to create the funding source and thats why they provide you token of share! That symbolises your investment and give you title of share holder, thus once they profit then they share you profits!
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 09:28:01 AM

Yes it is possible and there are tons of ICO that held by big company. When they want to add their liquidity and entering Crypto world they must launch an ICO, while the alternative for ICO is Airdrop which is not really profitable. Company will choose ICO over Airdrop of course. Moreover if they put their big name to support the ICO investor will be more assure, and more confident to participate in the ICO.

richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:16:46 AM

Raising money through ICO is by far the easiest method of raising money compared to the other methods.
Until now, it was hard to find an investor for your product. You would have had to attend various start up events and convince people out there to believe in your product and invest.
Now that has changed and you can simply raise money by launching your own ICO. But your product should be good enough for people to trust your project else you might fail like tons of shit coins have failed.
It takes a lot of effort to stay among the top.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: