Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:57:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [faq] What is staking? here's a little definition  (Read 103 times)
VisualPleasure (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:35:00 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 06:16:45 PM by VisualPleasure

What is Staking?

Staking is one of the way for mining cryptocurrency. By staking, you are providing the Network support to find more blocks and at a faster rate!
To stake you need coins in your wallet and that helps to verify and confirm more blocks in the blockchain network of the coin. Staking is as easy as sending your computer wallet any amount of Coin and clicking “Unlock Wallet”

Personal Interest Rate (PIR) Scale for the Coin.
The number of Netcoins YOU stake determines the Annual interest rate that is applied to the transaction for that reward. This annual rate is then converted to a daily rate and applied to the coins based on their age.
This is may vari from one coin to another. ie, Ember Coin has PoS: 720% Annually (which is very huge)  but another has only 50% anually or even 10%..

Another way of saying this is: When a Proof of Stake block is awarded, the annual interest rate is converted to a daily rate, and applied based on the age of the staked coins in days

It is worth noting to always keep your wallet encrypted as you want to keep your wallet locked until you are fully synced.. This prevents premature stakes that will show as orphans. Orphans do happen and are perfectly normal. If you see a higher count than 5 in a row you may not be synced fully and/or could end up needing to resync from start if your staking behaves this way.

p.s i will update if needed Smiley sorry for lack of my knowledge, just trying to share what i thought

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: