Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2018, 07:15:31 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ARE WE GOING TO SEE THE DEARTH OF CENTRALIZED EXCHANGES?  (Read 18 times)
DomcarezO

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:49:21 PM

For sometime now, I have witnessed the rising trend of decentralized exchanges following the advent of Etherdelta and Forkdelta, A lot of existing and upcoming exchanges are tilting towards Decentralized exchanges as many Crypto traders wants more control of their digital assets, Some favor this due to risk of hacks associated with Centralized exchanges unlike in Decentralized exchanges where you have the private keys of your assets.I most sincerely favor decentralized exchanges., it will be interesting to see what the future holds in this regard as competition continues to rise for both Centralized and Decentralized exchanges

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyshx

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:00:23 PM

I believe that won't happen because in many senses centralised crypto currency exchangers are far better as compared to the decentralised one. The later one which you think is gaining lot of attention is all because theses exchangers allows you to request any coin listing which is not even officially listed anywhere just after the ICO sale is over. Now people take advantage of selling their coins at whatever prices they want and thus make this more or less unregulated environment for the ICO's. I guess soon there will be some way to delist such pre-listing of the coins and then we will see centralisation getting more attention. FYI: I dont think centralisation is ignore in anyway. They are still having more security, trust, volume, huge number of coin listing all the time.

Guard225

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

I think with atomic swaps and dex, we're about to enter a brand new economy. I'm not sure if DEX is the way to go tho, way too much manipulation would be allowed there, and we've got plenty of it already.
We need to come up with some universal rules, the crypto space should self-regulate before we're forced to do anything by the governments.
renes

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:03:38 PM

No we don't but we will see the rise of decentralized exchanges, I think centralized ones will still exists but decentralized exchanges will be more powerful so we will not need centralized ones as much as now.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄
▄████▄▄████████████▄▄████▄
▄███▄████████████████████▄███▄
███▄████████████████████████▄███
███▄██████████████████████████▄███
███▄█████▀██▀██████████▀██▀█████▄███
▄████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀██▀█████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████▀
███▀███████▄▄███▄▄█▄███▄▄███████▀███
███▀██████████████████████████▀███
███▀████████████████████████▀███
▀███▀████████████████████▀███▀
▀████▀▀████████████▀▀████▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

pigzbe

A piggy-wallet™ not a piggy bank
A tangible digital piggy-wallet for children age 6 and up.
    ▄▄██████████████████████████████▄▄
 ████████████████████████████████████
████████▄██▄█████▄▄▄▄█████▄██▄████████
████████▀██▀██▄████████▄██▀██▀████████
█████████████▄████████▄█████████████
█████████████▀████████▀█████████████
██████████████▀████████▀██████████████
█████████████████▀▀▀▀█████████████████