Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: STK Progress Discussion 12/18  (Read 119 times)
DeluxeJR (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:18:28 AM

Another big week for STACK, partnership with Twitch is here! The took notice of how excited you were about the announcement in our last AMA, and are thrilled to offer you up to $20CDN in Twitch Bits to cheer on your favourite streamers. They know our community loves gaming and Twitch, so it’s our way of rewarding our gaming enthusiasts. This is a limited time offer, so get your Twitch Bits now! This past weekend, STACK Blockchain Developers also took off to Silicon Valley to participate in ETH San Francisco, the world’s largest Ethereum hackathon, and won top sponsor prizes! Read on for more about their experience and what we’re working on.

Recent Progress:
Smart Contracts Security Audit & Smart Contracts

• Working on audit fixes

Server

• Refactor return token endpoint
  • Transaction detail endpoint

Research

• Running both bitcoin daemon and lightning daemon from within docker containers, working on giving the lightning container access to bitcoins rpc server

Community

• Our CEO, Miro Pavletic, was invited to speak on the panel at the MasterCard SMART Conference in Austin, TX alongside Chris Newkirk from Capital One, hosted by Raj Seshadri from MasterCard on the topic, ‘the Future of Banking.’
  • Over the weekend, our Blockchain Developers, Thomas Lui and Nat Chin, participated in ETH San Francisco. Prior to the event, they had to some time to explore the beautiful Bay Area & venue and connected with fellow participants and mentors. They ended up joining forces with new friends, Brandon In and Peter Hulst, to create LendingParty. Lending Party is a completely end to end solution for a user to receive a Fiat loan from collateralized cryptocurrency without an intermediary. The team ended up winning the MakerDAO prize for best use of the Maker API, Bloom prize for Best Use of Bloom Protocol in Lending, and Wyre Grand Prize for building on the Wyre API and SDK. Read more about their big win in detail here.
  • STK Blockchain Developers, Thomas &Nat with friends and teammates, Brandon &Peter celebrating their big win at ETH San Fran.
    The action doesn’t stop there for Thomas and Natalie, this weekend they will be mentoring the UofT Blockfest alongside our Bitcoin Developer, Aleksa!
  • The ‘STACKATHON’ continues as we will be running our own Hackathon on November 24–25 in our office in the Distillery District. The focus for STACKATHON will be level two-scaling solutions, including sharding, state channels, side-chains, and more. Interested in participating? Apply here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proload

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:07:46 AM

I saw the announcement of the stack team about the prizes they won in the Eth SanFrancisco Hackathon and it was very noticeable that Stack has such developers on their team
quadgod

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:59:55 AM

Really good work on the community engagement and growth. Little updates still for the development, I hope they work under the scenes
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:05:02 AM

I think stack still needs to deliver on the promises and the products that were promised during the ico or may be the project team is intentionally delaying development due to bad market conditions, i know stk is lacking volume and value in the market but that can be improved only by providing real solid products as promised.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:36:05 AM

I think stack still needs to deliver on the promises and the products that were promised during the ico or may be the project team is intentionally delaying development due to bad market conditions, i know stk is lacking volume and value in the market but that can be improved only by providing real solid products as promised.
Agreed, would be more impressed if your developers were working on delivering a working product that allows people to spend their crypto in retail stores. That is what all the investors put their money in for, not to pay them for burnishing their resume by participating in other peoples hackathons.

Pentagramis

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:18:24 AM

Agreed, would be more impressed if your developers were working on delivering a working product that allows people to spend their crypto in retail stores. That is what all the investors put their money in for, not to pay them for burnishing their resume by participating in other peoples hackathons.

The product is not what investors expected and this is why there is lack in volume. I can say that they try hard to reposition their brand in their market.

proload

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:00:59 AM

at least they need to show progress by releasing a feature or allow the app to be tested by the users, this will be a step forward and probably it will increase the volume in exchanges
DeluxeJR (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:35:53 AM

at least they need to show progress by releasing a feature or allow the app to be tested by the users, this will be a step forward and probably it will increase the volume in exchanges

Bear market doesn't help coins/tokens to increase their volume. due to that drop FUD is so high and everyone is afraid to trade of buy something new. Only experienced traders handle it right now and they mostly trade certain coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: