Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just discovered Bitmit is closing down  (Read 12640 times)
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:52:38 PM

I have just under 7 BTC in my wallet at Bitmit.
I have just tried to do a small withdrawal to my local wallet and got a message saying that a confirmation email would be sent to me. That was 30 minutes ago and one hasn't arrived yet.
I have looked on the site and in my transaction history list the latest entry says "Queued
Waiting for Email confirmation"
I have sent Bitmit support a message telling them all this and asking how long I will have to wait but have had no reply yet.
The last time I withdrew 6 months ago you didn't have to receive an email and it was almost instant.
This is beginning to worry me.
Should I be worried?
 Undecided

I also appear to be having withdrawal issues. While I only have ~.43 BTC in my account, it's still concerning...
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 06:53:42 PM

I have just tried to do a small withdrawal to my local wallet and got a message saying that a confirmation email would be sent to me. That was 30 minutes ago and one hasn't arrived yet.
I have looked on the site and in my transaction history list the latest entry says "Queued
I have sent Bitmit support a message telling them all this and asking how long I will have to wait but have had no reply yet.
The last time I withdrew 6 months ago you didn't have to receive an email and it was almost instant.
Should I be worried?
 Undecided
retry doing the withdrawal.

tonyq
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:59:07 PM

Should I be worried?
 Undecided
retry doing the withdrawal.
I have just requested the withdrawal of  the rest of my balance and there's nothing left in there to withdraw now.
Exactly the same thing is happening with this one too.
No email sent to me.
 Sad
tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:09:05 PM

Now the site is unavailable.
Undergoing maintenance
 Shocked
tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:23:10 PM

Site not there....just this message

Error 521:
Website is offline The server may be down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

I feel sick.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:34:16 PM

Sad ... Sorry bro, it is not a done deal you might get the coins back.
mateo

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:30:24 PM

They have just removed all listings from the site, two days after the announcement of shutting it down..
You can't even view sellers or buyer's reputation right now.
They also, keep changing the deadline, two days ago it was "in four weeks", yesterday it was "in two-three weeks", today it's "in two weeks".
They also were stating until yesterday that placing new orders will work until 13th of November, but they removed all listings today (which effectively makes it impossible to place new orders) and now saying to "complete all orders asap!".

Something is really fishy here, are they actually gonna close down the site with all funds in escrow few days after the announcement?

BTC to the moon!
tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 10:41:03 PM

In the last hour I have had the email asking me to confirm that the withdrawal request of the 6.95 BTC from my Bitmit wallet  is mine and I clicked on the link in it.
I then confirmed.
The status of the withdrawal  has now changed to 'pending' for me.
I will report on the transaction the minute it hits my wallet.

I should add  that I sent a DM to Tosaki voicing my concerns and he was kind enough to reply instantly explaining the technical problems and he assured me I had nothing to worry about.
Duetschpire

Activity: 368

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:01:37 PM

I would suggest looking at cryptothrift.com

We've been experiencing a huge amount of new registrations and listings.. Give it a shot and let us know if there's anything we can do better Smiley

We're running a promotional offer till the end of the year where only transaction fees are being charged on sold items across the site, so it's nearly free to sell Smiley

We also support Litecoin alongside Bitcoin!

See you around guys!

tonyq
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:07:29 PM

Never in any doubt!
The BTC are halfway into my wallet right now.

Why on earth was I panicking?

HalfPriceDigital

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

If you need an alternative to Bitmit, try HalfPriceDigital.com  You can auction/buy stuff for BTC using your Coinbase account and you can also buy/sell for fiat using PayPal and Skrill.

I wonder if Bitmit is having regulatory problems regarding their escrow service.  I think offering escrow requires some government licenses, which is why we don't have an escrow system on HalfPriceDigital.com
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:37:49 AM

Many of these businesses in Hong Kong are illegal or trading without a license.
This may not be the case with 'Bitmit' , but every other 'business' I have 'called out' usually ends up  shouting about being a troll.

It seems many of these so called 'businesses' just do not like people fishing about in their  background.
Currently I have  'calls out' on about 5 'businesses' that have been traced to Hong Kong,  Three I have enquiries with the 'FSC' and two with the  government business registration.
Sofar no licenses can be found.

There was a VERY interesting article in the Apple daily yesterday about bitcoin and massive frauds in China & HK..  one exchange registered as a business in HK has just run off , others are operating under 'money changers' licenses.

I'm very close the registered address of bitmit…. if someone can supply me with a copy of the  bitcoin article I can go take a look…….

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:53:49 AM

企業資料
辦公地址: 香港九龙官塘鸿图道21号讯科中心B20楼F室

(Flat B20/F, Infotech Center No.21 Hung To Road Kwun Tong, Kowloon Hong Kong)

https://www.bitmit.net/en/info/contact

razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 03:44:55 AM

The Article NOT the address.

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:55:56 AM

That's too bad, the site never got a chance to really take off.  I've been to it shopping a few times, but they didn't have what I was looking for.  Would've been really cool if it became a significant competitor to E-bay.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:14:46 AM

Reporting back in to say my withdrawal went through fine. They must have been backlogged by requests the other day.

At least my funds are safe. Still a sad day though Sad
CyberMew

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

I tried withdrawal with no issues yesterday. Got it within an hour as the system stated.

A pity that this site is going down, I liked it alot for it's simplicity and lightweight, and the ease of use for seller and buyers wise. I looked at the other 2 alternatives but they are not there yet.
bitly

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 07:37:52 PM

It could be possible that their low fees does not sufficiently sustain the business
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:50:33 PM

The status of the withdrawal  has now changed to 'pending' for me.

Same here.

Pending.   It always was instant before  Sad
UncleBobs (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 03:28:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear that!! Bitmit has been an inspiration to every one who uses bitcoin for purchases..

cryptothrift is another platform very similar to Bitmit, we only charge TX fee and 1% on escrow is used... We do not hold funds, as soon as payment clears, funds get sent, and as soon as item is marked as "received" escrow funds get released..

cryptothrift also support LTC Wink

Check it out Smiley

I have registered with cryptothrift and listed some silver bars.  The site looks great!

https://cryptothrift.com/?a_action=user_profile&post_author=446

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: