Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I received a phone call from BFL today  (Read 1168 times)
jayeeyee (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:13:58 PM

To my amazement, I wasn't the one to contact BFL but instead, someone contacted me. Unfortunately.. the call was for solicitation.

Some guy at BFL by the name of "Rob" called me earlier today and asked if I was still mining with my Singles, I said:

Me: No
Rob: Oh, why not?
Me: Because it's a waste of time
Rob: When did you stop?
Me: When diff. hit 510m
Rob: Well, you know the difficulty is getting higher because Bitcoin is starting to grasp a larger audience
Me: True, but also because you guys delivered 1 year late and now I'm not making my investment back
Rob: Well, if you're interested I have a 20% off coupon exclusively for you for your next future purchase
Me: Does this coupon expire?
Rob: Yes, in 2 weeks™ (I AM NOT JOKING ABOUT HIS ANSWER)
Me: No, not interested.. I don't plan on purchasing anything from BFL.
Rob: Oh, okay.. have a good day.
-END

I'm not sure why BFL is having their employees check up on their customers and trying to solicitate some type of incentive to scam get people on purchasing ASIC hardware.  I can only assume (and hope) that BFL isn't hitting their pre-order goals for the Monarchs as they would've liked.. which means, the majority of miners out there are finally heeding to the FUD that's circling around BFL... but most importantly... maybe it's a sign that BFL is going to file for chapter 11? Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:07:47 AM

wow

I would say this is the accelerated start to the end that we all knew would come.
They have a new product that no one with half a brain would pay for. It's over....
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:52:52 AM

I'm not sure why BFL is having their employees check up on their customers

My theory: So that their "customers" unload their fury at call-center Rob leaving them feeling better about getting some payback and leave them alone.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:09:50 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2013, 05:52:46 AM by Bicknellski

The 20% BFL Coupon...

How A $20 Oil Change Coupon Turned Into A $54 Oil Change

http://consumerist.com/2012/03/09/heres-an-actual-bait-and-switch-in-action-at-meineke/

Your 20% coupon from BFL will turn into a 1 year wait and if you ever try to get a refund... good luck it won't happen. They will try anything to get you hooked in knowing full well they won't or can't deliver the vaporware and will never refund you.  

I would suggest you lead the "sales" people on a merry 20 to 30 minute exchange resulting in a NO SALE at the end. If you waste enough of the telemarketers time fewer sales will eventually be made thus thwarting BFL. Drag out the conversation as long as you can. Rope o' Dope will certainly kill the numbers making BFL investment in this a tactic a failure.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 02:46:02 PM

I can't wait for the late-night Infomercials to start playing on Television...

"Buy One 5GH's miner, and get a second unit ABSOLUTELY FREE!"
"But wait ! There's more ! Call in the next 10 minutes and we'll upgrade you to 7GH's FOR FREE !"
"You'll also receive this ceramic coffee mug at no extra charge !"
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:30:20 PM

How did you miss this thread. It was literally the very first thread when you started this thread. These threads should be merged. This now makes three of these threads. Pointless clutter.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:12:00 PM

I can't wait for the late-night Infomercials to start playing on Television...

"Buy One 5GH's miner, and get a second unit ABSOLUTELY FREE!"
"But wait ! There's more ! Call in the next 10 minutes and we'll upgrade you to 7GH's FOR FREE !"
"You'll also receive this ceramic coffee mug at no extra charge !"

They just need to find a sleazeball like Don LaPre to show people "how I mined $50,000 a week from my one-bedroom apartment".
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:42:15 PM

These marketing calls are a cold slap in the face to all existing clients who have tried to get in contact with BFL but never could. BFL again prioritizing upsells (more money fleecing) over adequate customer support.

Wonder what the  CFO "Chief Fleecing Officer" has to say about this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: