Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:46:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When you are old, what stories will you tell children when they ask for stories?  (Read 405 times)
batch2016

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:34:10 PM

I would tell or share them How am i changed by God from my bad deeds and when i accept Jesus Christ my Lord and my savior.when I learned to trust and obey him I became strong for all trials in life so i became successful in life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eggwardzxc

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:55:54 PM

I will tell them about how awesome my childhood was. No gadgets, no internet. Just pure playtime outside. All the non-techi things I have done before. How I enjoyed the rain, ran under the sun and flew kites on windy dats.
HeraldoCrypto

Activity: 138

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:04:43 PM

"When I was your age we had to carry around pieces of paper and metal if we wanted to buy stuff. It was also illegal to grow and consume certain plants..."
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:06:18 PM

I often tell stories to my friends and even to my newly known friends. But evertime when I share, it's always random and let the river of the conversation flow. Because I do not prepare what I am about to say. That is why, when I'm old, I am not sure what particular story I will share to my children if they asked for it. However, I've already pictured out what kind of story I woukd like to share --- the story of love. I think that people of any age will undertand it as it is by nature, already in our system. I will tell them how I love and how I was loved. I would tell them why we should all love and why we should spread it. I will tell them how we should love and how much do we need love. I will tell them that the love of family is one of the most important things in this world.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:03:47 AM

Story telling is really good for children development.It makes them able to recall certain things of the past so that they will appreciate the past.It also tells them something about the past that they can only imagine so that they will understand how blessed they are in their era.My grandfather used to tell me about the days he was young and they use to walk barefooted to school in the hot sand without sandals.

easydrawrex

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:40:53 AM

When I will be older and wiser. I will always say and remind my children that Kobe Bryant will always be better than LeBron James.
shekhar0005

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 12:28:32 PM

1st of all, the children should have free time after studies.
2nd things, if they will be bored with technological devices, then they will come to me.
That time I can tell stories about some animal species which will not survive that long.
Maybe I will tell about my childhood to my children as my childhood was very different from the present time kids...
shekhar0005

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 12:37:20 PM

I will tell them about how awesome my childhood was. No gadgets, no internet. Just pure playtime outside. All the non-techi things I have done before. How I enjoyed the rain, ran under the sun and flew kites on windy dats.

Next gen kids will be busy playing games online, spending time on computers. I wish they will have spare time for us. Undecided Undecided
pallang

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:07:07 AM

There are many interesting stories that i want ny grandchildren to know i will tell them stories about rags to riches to teach them how to become successful in life and i will also tell them about my journey in n cryptocurrency my experience and success in this project.

Dothyrain

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:45:22 AM

Recently in this new generation, we all focused on social media having lots of friends on social media and few trusted friends in the real world. when i was younger i do ask lots of question that sometime end with a long relating past experience/story from my parents and grandparents. Sometimes i do ask myself, if this was how they lived why is our different. What stories will i tell my offsprings about my life and life in general knowing i have little to talk about.
Though i came up with some answers like interacting with people face to face and always having this quote in mind

*knowledge comes with experience, experience comes with lesson learnt, lesson learned come with mistake. Ruskin Kwofie *

*Do not be afraid to start afresh*

I will tell my children about my life as a kid. My experience of living in the province. My teenage life,  as a mother and how i give birth to them. I will also tell them their childhood story. I want them to vizualize what I have been through so that when they experience the same they already know what to do. I want them to learn from my mistakes so that they wont commit the same mistakes. Through my experiences,  they will become more strong and brave.

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
Drekki

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:12:05 AM

I will tell "How your (grand)mother met your (grand)father"  Smiley
First we met at the age of 17 at the party. Then we haven't seen each other for 10 years. Then we met and from that moment we did not part
crypto_nd (OP)

Activity: 140

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:14:55 AM

Wow, it's an interesting question. To start, I will tell my grandchildren about my travels (I prefer traveling, not tourism). There were many situations to learn from. Another type of stories will be about events that drove the transformation of my character (though I think my grandchildren will be more clever than me at the same age). Hope my diaries will help me remember all this stuff  Smiley
You writing diaries nah, that's old school. We just take pictures and videos for reminder.  we somewhat lazy Cry Cry   
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:23:54 AM

I will tell them a story about that raid me and my friends did at WOW, it was an all nighter. So many people died on that night...  Tongue

I will tell them a story of how I got interested in cryptocurrencies in their early stage. At the time when most people were either ignoring it or laughing at it. And tel  them how we used to have paper money. They'll be like what? You paid with pieces of paper? That had to be hard, doing all that counting, walking around with a pocket full of paper.
seeing this make's me sad. The first time i learnt about crypto's was in 2011, i picked interest, read lots of article to get started but later abandon everything because of my newly found enthusiasm on something else. Only to come back and found out that things have changed alot and are now super complicated. i feel like crying  Cry Cry Cry        
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:28:44 AM

Recently in this new generation, we all focused on social media having lots of friends on social media and few trusted friends in the real world. when i was younger i do ask lots of question that sometime end with a long relating past experience/story from my parents and grandparents. Sometimes i do ask myself, if this was how they lived why is our different. What stories will i tell my offsprings about my life and life in general knowing i have little to talk about.
Though i came up with some answers like interacting with people face to face and always having this quote in mind

*knowledge comes with experience, experience comes with lesson learnt, lesson learned come with mistake. Ruskin Kwofie *

*Do not be afraid to start afresh*

Well even if most experiences are now shared through social media, there are probably a lot of stories behind every post and picture. It's easier to share past experiences now since you have records to look back on. Photos of my travels and the stories behind them would be an interesting share for my children
Your story is getting interesting already, wish to listen to you one day, if that is possible  Grin Grin
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:35:28 AM

I would like my child/children to know that life isn't easy. For starters, I would like them to know my story of growing up and growing onto the world where happiness and sorrow comes hand in hand to mold themselves. I want them to be ready for the future encounters they'll have and let them enjoy every moment. Also stories that are passed on from generation to generation.
please don't tell sad stories to children at first. They have to develop to a certain age before they can assimilate and understand why you are telling them those sad stories. So i will advice that you start with the funny memories you had while growing up.
As an adult we all know that life isn't easy but that children don't know that.
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:39:29 AM

I will tell my grandchildren how my husband and I built the house. How we set goals and achieved them. How we got to know grandpa and how we got married. How we traveled and how to overcome the difficulties in the upbringing of our children.
This is definitely a love story period. Grin Wink
i too would love to hear this story.
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:45:52 AM

What would I tell my children when I get old? Hmmmmm...good question

I would tell them my life story...my experiences....my successes as well as my failures.

I would tell them to be aware...every action has a reaction or in other words, a consequence.

I would tell them life is not all peaches....it has its ups and downs.

When you fall you get back up, try not to compare yourself to others.

So yes, I do pray I reach a ripe old age and be able to look back and say I can tell a good story to my children

As one person said, live a good life so when you get old you can relive it all over again.
Best quote so far "As one person said, live a good life so when you get old you can relive it all over again"
But then this generation don't seem to care.  Sad Sad
They just want to get things done their way without thinking of how their action will affect others
mind you i am also a part of this generation with a slight difference Grin Tongue Tongue  
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:50:17 AM

When I was eight I was called a 'Communist piece of shit' by a nun in my religion class.  She slapped me, pulled me by my hair and kicked me out of the class. 

I only asked why Jesus did not have a wife or girlfriend by the time he was 33.
lmao  Grin Cheesy Cheesy
Lord have messy
you a savage already at that young age.

but seriously your question was valid.  
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:03:42 AM

Good old days
How ironic for me, there was gadgets and internet but we choice to do all this goods stuffs you mention but then it takes just one kid to misbehave and another to be injured severely for our parent to ban us from going outside. Though we still sneak out. Grin Grin Grin
crypto_nd (OP)

Less troubles

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:11:28 AM

1st of all, the children should have free time after studies.
2nd things, if they will be bored with technological devices, then they will come to me.
That time I can tell stories about some animal species which will not survive that long.
Maybe I will tell about my childhood to my children as my childhood was very different from the present time kids...
lmao
This must be a dream because they never get bored or tired of tech device.
Their are long list of endangered species and government of the world are just not paying good attention to this.
Well they won't until we are next on the list.  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: