Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pay attention, probably a new Scam from CEX.IO  (Read 94 times)
amatella (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:50:18 AM

Dear newbe, this is my experience:
all I can suggest you is to pay attention when buy crypto trough fiat transfer. Probably i'm victim of a scam from one of known exchange, CEX.IO, with a transfer trough the SEPA system (that is the most secure) as you can see here for details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3257211.0
They also accept cards, I don't know what can happen with a transfer trough a credit card if they normal behaviour consist in uncharge of fiat money on your account balance (or uncharge of crypto) after transfer and never reply to your support request.
Search and search again only exchange with positive feedback. Cex.io can do bad surprise to you.
Again after weeks they are not activated to support me in this issue after calling their bank, write negative experience on forums and opening support ticket with same argument nothing happens. Seems that at CEX.IO care only money. A serious exchange pay attention at their public image. But this exchange don't have a minimum of modesty and customers are nothing that thing like bancomat.
Other exchange like Kraken, even if they are slow, they follow their customers and constantly give information if something happens. Without leaving their customers in oblivion thinking of a scam like CEX.IO do.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
max2607

Activity: 135
Merit: 22

Need a nice avatar, can someone help :-)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:13:05 AM

It is currently the worst time to buy bitcoin from exchanges especially using credit card , the whole simplex system is a scam where they take your funds ask for a selfie and you never get your funds. I did use coinmama it went through but i still wouldn't trust it

My advice just use local bitcoin to buy bitcoin the fees might be higher than normal rate but the risk involved isn't much unless you screw up
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:40:30 AM

It is currently the worst time to buy bitcoin from exchanges especially using credit card , the whole simplex system is a scam where they take your funds ask for a selfie and you never get your funds. I did use coinmama it went through but i still wouldn't trust it

My advice just use local bitcoin to buy bitcoin the fees might be higher than normal rate but the risk involved isn't much unless you screw up

Or buy from any of the member of this forum. You might find someone in the service section I guess. I have seen a lot of posts here and there that people are selling bitcoin for paypal, payza etc. I guess you may need to find an escrow as well for reliable transfer. 

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
amatella (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:51:49 AM

I'm totally agree. Better pay more fees that risk to suffer a theft from an exchange like Cex.io
I don't mean that all exchange are scam, all exchange lose too much time with these imaginary verifications. They have all information about the person, especially if transfer is made trough a an interbank service like SEPA.
I underatand this is their job, but keep illegally for weeks certain amount without giving any explanation like CEX.IO is absolutely to avoid.
With this role, CEX.IO is simply a scam!
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:41:40 PM

Recently have seen lots of accusations against cex.io and even cex representative have posted on them but in almost all of them they are just making excuses of time constraint and how busy they are these days with increase in demand for bitcoin.

You can try bitpanda as they also take sepa transfer and are pretty fast at support than cex.
amatella (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:16:33 PM

I will try..
Yes cex is impossible! I can understand one or two weeks but not more.. And most important, is the support. Same problem with Kraken has managed Inna different manner.. without constrain customer to write on forum or so.. if i want be good can call this behaviour incompetence, otherwise it is only a studied commercial strategy in their favour!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: