Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:40:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ACCUSATION: TradeFortress + Inputs.io + theymos  (Read 14661 times)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:22:00 AM

Ohh so he didn't scam anyone?

Sorry I can't get all these Spongebob Squarepants faggots straight...  Roll Eyes

Still waiting for you to prove my guilt in owing anyone money. If you just wanted to say it to be edgy, thats fine, but don't leave me in suspense.

Also, I'm glad you got the Spongebob reference  Smiley

I think he's implying that you're rippin yourself off. Grin

Last summer I rented 3 Ghash from this guy and got 9-10 Ghash instead ! Huh .. I mean .. Cheesy Grin Grin

Your generosity and good will twords others has likely cost you a freakin fortune. Smarten up ! Tongue

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrazyRabbi (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:24:19 AM

Ohh so he didn't scam anyone?

Sorry I can't get all these Spongebob Squarepants faggots straight...  Roll Eyes

Still waiting for you to prove my guilt in owing anyone money. If you just wanted to say it to be edgy, thats fine, but don't leave me in suspense.

Also, I'm glad you got the Spongebob reference  Smiley

I think he's implying that you're rippin yourself off. Grin

Last summer I rented 3 Ghash from this guy and got 9-10 Ghash instead ! Huh .. I mean .. Cheesy Grin Grin

Your generosity and good will twords others has likely cost you a freakin fortune. Smarten up ! Tongue

WOW! It took a Hippie to finally get it...  Cheesy

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 05:28:01 AM

WOW! It took a Hippie to finally get it...  Cheesy

Ok, well I still don't get it, but I'll stop derailing your thread. If you feel like letting me in on the joke, you can pm me.
CrazyRabbi (OP)

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:14:28 AM

WOW! It took a Hippie to finally get it...  Cheesy

Ok, well I still don't get it, but I'll stop derailing your thread. If you feel like letting me in on the joke, you can pm me.

The joke was sarcasm  Roll Eyes

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:32:24 AM

This whole thread looks like sarcasm at this point, you aren't doing yourself any favors.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
CrazyRabbi (OP)

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:33:40 AM

This whole thread looks like sarcasm at this point, you aren't doing yourself any favors.

Could give a fuck at this point...  Roll Eyes

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 07:42:37 AM

Everybody values their time differently I guess.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:53:39 AM

Everybody values their time differently I guess.

their bitcoins too apparently

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
tuckertz1992

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:07:42 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24871444

New Bitcoin Miner - If i've helped you, please donate: 15G6Zm6rAJu6ME5BQqX9GXGwGLgzC9Mboc
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 02:36:57 PM

It's been on a few more sites.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 02:54:34 PM

@all

Other than location, motive and methodology, does this theft have anything else in common with any of the other big money crypto scams ?

Namely Ozcoin's 800-1000 BTC loss last winter/spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RT.com
http://youtu.be/cJ1YApg5HlQ

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:56:43 PM

How come MNW is not here this time to bet us that we will all get our money back?
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 12:12:09 PM

Is TF, btc-banker ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=610197.0

As I suspected this line shows them posting the actual password, the only thing that is necessary to recreate the entire public and private key sequence back to their server. 

On their server they can then calculate all 10 of the public keys and Bitcoin addresses they need to be able to pay interest. 

They can also spend any Bitcoins kept with them since they can also calculate the private keys from the password that they will have after this post command.

I did not share my password with anyone (well, except the btc-banker folks due to the above POST code). 

I used LastPass to create the random 20 character password Hzyi%JkWEc#xi65t#9^x

Check it out.  You can go to their web site and enter that for the password and you will get the 10 addresses:

Code:
1Euy5eERuvQKruwCKFPAVp4b3zceYGWPED
18CdWvazvpDnE9rkFPbfXWY5WnAriQKnHs
1M4QVFTsRzrMwzS2oDvb9QQPreDRo5e7Nq
197vv294WFKqwuR5DKuYf8TW35HGF257of
1AAxexhqc7LTYL7byWGky7oK9uzZ7a8VaT
1NciLKr4hfgYuUgSFjerLwfY1ABi4RXJj3
1DujvmjfQrrLozCjdoCS1MF4NCuUaS2S6A
1LyAYmSH13PA96CYnB33Sfjkq6NcM5rC32
19LahEBYhEHeEi4SmUqGvi1jnQzjzrH9rp
1FadVHYWno5ADEd7umSdW76RsA4o8N6ZzM

I only used the first two addresses.  All are empty now due to the "hack".  There is no way someone could have guessed the password Hzyi%JkWEc#xi65t#9^x

Only I and btc-banker knew the password.  I did not move the funds (I was asleep).  I conclude they moved them.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:24:47 PM

why are people uisng online, cloud, off-cloud-line (just made that term up) wallets ?
choose your wallet, update it once a week so if you need to spend it  ready

is someone trying to portray ths as so complicated your can't control and manage your own wallet.dat/whatever backup file.
i understand (don't approve of, but still) newbies getting haacked but what sort of user whos been here longer than 5 minutes needs an online wallet.

Is TF, btc-banker ?

As I suspected this line shows them posting the actual password, the only thing that is necessary to recreate the entire public and private key sequence back to their server. 

On their server they can then calculate all 10 of the public keys and Bitcoin addresses they need to be able to pay interest. 

They can also spend any Bitcoins kept with them since they can also calculate the private keys from the password that they will have after this post command.

I did not share my password with anyone (well, except the btc-banker folks due to the above POST code). 

Check it out.  You can go to their web site and enter that for the password and you will get the 10 addresses:

Code:

I only used the first two addresses.  All are empty now due to the "hack".  There is no way someone could have guessed the password Hzyi%JkWEc#xi65t#9^x

Only I and btc-banker knew the password.  I did not move the funds (I was asleep).  I conclude they moved them.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:33:14 AM

Is TF, btc-banker ?

Code:

Is there some evidence that he is?  Or am I missing a pretty funny joke about how tf stole millions and now he's back to steal more with an even less elaborate plan?
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:56:54 AM

why are people uisng online, cloud, off-cloud-line (just made that term up) wallets ?
choose your wallet, update it once a week so if you need to spend it  ready

is someone trying to portray ths as so complicated your can't control and manage your own wallet.dat/whatever backup file.
i understand (don't approve of, but still) newbies getting haacked but what sort of user whos been here longer than 5 minutes needs an online wallet.

3% daily interest. Shocked

Is there some evidence that he is?  Or am I missing a pretty funny joke about how tf stole millions and now he's back to steal more with an even less elaborate plan?

I'll give it 60/40 odds that its him... maybe 70% lol..

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 09:57:50 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2019, 10:09:10 AM by Timelord2067

I see this thread is being referenced by TheNewAnon135246 for a flag against TradeFortress (said flag was created many weeks ago) where TheNewAnon135246 was personally damaged by an actual transaction between the two...

At one point TheNewAnon135246 seemed to be defending TradeFortress:

[Archive]

There's no way he can give everyone a full refund, because he doesn't have 4000 BTC for himself. He's doing the best he can by giving away his personal funds, so imo he deserves a little respect.

You are kidding right?

It's pretty obvious he has 4100 Bitcoins of OUR BITCOINS  Roll Eyes

[Archive]

He can't spend what he doesn't have right? He's probably giving away his personal btc's to cover for the losses. Like I said, he could've just dissapeared if he wanted to but he decided to stay and try to fix most of the problem. People should concider that a bit more instead of flaming him like a bunch of retards.

(there are many, many more examples where TheNewAnon135246 comes to TradeFortress' defence - these are just a couple of examples)

[Archive]

he is backing him up because that's TF shill account
No it's not. If you don't believe you can ask a moderator to compare IP's. I'm not even from the same continent Tongue.

I'm not backing anyone up, I just refuse to draw my own conclusion until some decent facts are on the table.

VPN's aside for a moment...  Roll Eyes

So, given the OP has been offline for two and a half years and TheNewAnon135246 was defending TradeFortress - any updates on this issue?

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 11:30:16 AM

I have known TF since I started using CoinChat (one of his websites). TF came across as a very friendly and helpful guy. I defended him at first because I didn't believe him to be a scammer. Especially since people were wildly speculating without any factual evidence (yet). Call it a complete misjudgement of character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: