Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:38:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io HACKED, 4 100 BTC STOLEN - REFUND DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 4719 times)
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:06:06 PM

haha, I am really starting to feel sorry for all inputs users. I use coinbase, so I am good! I hope you all can get your money back!

How is it possible?

If TradeFortress stole the money: he won't get it back.
If TradeFortress did not steal the money: how could he even pay back 4k btc? Lol.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 09:08:26 PM

haha, I am really starting to feel sorry for all inputs users. I use coinbase, so I am good! I hope you all can get your money back!

How is it possible?

If TradeFortress did not steal the money: how could he even pay back 4k btc? Lol.

Huh I don't understand what you are saying. You do understand that he makes money off of inputs.io right?

waqas

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:10:06 PM

you no need feel sorry for inputs users its happen to many peoples its not first time  Sad

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 09:11:50 PM

you no need feel sorry for inputs users its happen to many peoples its not first time  Sad

Really? Something this major actually happened before?

bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:14:11 PM

How is it possible?

Huh I don't understand what you are saying. You do understand that he makes money off of inputs.io right?

Which might be a few bitcoins per months, mostly paid in sig ads ...
How could he possibly even refund half of the 4k btc? Lol

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 09:56:13 PM

How is it possible?

Which might be a few bitcoins per months, mostly paid in sig ads ...
How could he possibly even refund half of the 4k btc? Lol

He gets around 0.0003 per transaction, and it ads up to be a lot! He charges a 0.0005 transaction fee, but sends the transaction with only a 0.0002 fee. He keeps the other 0.0003! I think that it will add up to 4k pretty fast. Also he isnt paying everyone back instantly. He is SLOWLY paying them back!

kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:46:42 PM

I think we are all fucked up, he just ran that ad campaign to get more people to store theyr funds on inputs.io, and then strike when everything is right.

I've only lost 0.0023, I am smart enough to keep my funds at a regular QT wallet, may be long to get the chain on your HDD but worth the time.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:14:52 PM

I think we are all fucked up, he just ran that ad campaign to get more people to store theyr funds on inputs.io, and then strike when everything is right.

I've only lost 0.0023, I am smart enough to keep my funds at a regular QT wallet, may be long to get the chain on your HDD but worth the time.

A little story by elasticband.

Once upon a time there was a learned young Elasticband, he read about this thing called bitcoin, WOW he thought! No longer did he have to store his wealth in the banks he did not trust and knew nothing about, hell who even runs the bank he banked at, why should he trust this person, was his wealth at risk of being effected by bailouts? Well the young Elasticband discovered bitcoin where he could take control of his own wealth, the young Elasticband never looked back.

Two years later the Elasticband learns bitcoin users stored their coins in a bitcoin bank where they knew very little about the owner of the bank and the bank was hacked, the owner uses none hacked funds to help compensate hacked users, everyone has some of their wealth stolen. this reminds the Elasticband of why he got in to Bitcoin and what owning and using a bitcoin wallet really mean.

THE END

sad story i know folks, i hope you can all learn something from this.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

A little story by elasticband.

Once upon a time there was a learned young Elasticband, he read about this thing called bitcoin, WOW he thought! No longer did he have to store his wealth in the banks he did not trust and knew nothing about, hell who even runs the bank he banked at, why should he trust this person, was his wealth at risk of being effected by bailouts? Well the young Elasticband discovered bitcoin where he could take control of his own wealth, the young Elasticband never looked back.

Two years later the Elasticband learns bitcoin users stored their coins in a bitcoin bank where they knew very little about the owner of the bank and the bank was hacked, the owner uses none hacked funds to help compensate hacked users, everyone has some of their wealth stolen. this reminds the Elasticband of why he got in to Bitcoin and what owning and using a bitcoin wallet really mean.

THE END

sad story i know folks, i hope you can all learn something from this.

Such a sad story. Makes me cry.  Cry

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:44:27 PM

Not a online wallet like this? Surely?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:12:17 PM

What I'm trying to get to is how somebody managed to steal 4.1 k bitcoins so fast.
This proves that inputs was not secure at all, I thought that there was a cold storage??
No, there was not cold storage. He kept everything in a hot wallet on Linode -- same way Bitcoinica theft happened. Very shady and very convenient scapegoat. He was either extremely negligent or he stole the coins himself.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:14:08 PM

Coinbase is indeed, from the looks of it, far more reputable than Tradefortress--obviously. But beware 3rd party/hosted wallets. Your private keys are not yours. If anything happens -- hacks, etc. -- you could be waiting in line for a drawn out claim process. Only when you control your private keys is your money yours.
CrypticBits

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:14:57 PM

Well this sucks. I had some deposit on it, not a lot but still enough to think it's a real shame..
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 07:09:59 PM

Well this sucks. I had some deposit on it, not a lot but still enough to think it's a real shame..

Well now you know to use a system where you own the private key. The sad part is that I still use coinbase since I find that not paying the transaction fee beats security.

b!z (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:19:07 PM

Well now you know to use a system where you own the private key. The sad part is that I still use coinbase since I find that not paying the transaction fee beats security.
You should use cold storage. Don't complain when/if you lose your BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: