Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I need to file taxes (in USA) on cryptocurrency  (Read 143 times)
voom360 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:27:51 PM

If I only purchased it with USD and did not sell? I only bought other cryptocurrency with BTC. I did not sell any for fiat.
Thanks!
romandos86

Activity: 150
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:22:27 AM

As far as I heard, in the United States a very tough fiscal policy, so it is better not to joke with taxes.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 01:45:38 AM

There are capital gains due on any profits made, and the US government (and others around the world) is getting more proactive in establishing guidelines. I could not find an official document, but these links might help. The first is a news article, and the second is a tax service which is linked at the bottom of the first article.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/30/cryptocurrency-and-taxes-what-you-need-to-know.html

https://bitcoin.tax/

At this point I would, at the very least, be keeping meticulous records of all of your cryptocurrency transactions in preparation for reporting. Always best to be prepared, especially when it comes to taxes. Best general advice is to hold for at least a year when possible (and monetarily worthwhile!), as this greatly reduces the amount of capital gains tax payable. Either way, best to get ahead of the game, keep records and put aside enough profits to cover any gains, remembering to keep track of any losses too.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: