Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:47:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Salary Paid in Bitcoin - would you do it?  (Read 1242 times)
Denisliternyjj

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:19:18 PM

And I yesterday on the radio heard the news that for the first time in history a person will be paid wages in bitcoins. Which, in fact, puzzled me with such a question. This man is a Canadian hockey player. The fee for his games will be paid to him in bitcoins. The salary, of course, was not said, but the fact is a fact. The first went, as they say.In occasion of that, that here wrote about the big commissions at cashing bitcoin. You know, looking at the frantic leaps of the course, you can just give a damn about this commission. When you pop your bank card into the ATM, the bank also takes a commission for any financial transaction. The commission, however, is much smaller than when cashing out the bitcoins. But the exchange rate, which is being withdrawn, is also much smaller. And getting a salary in a currency that is constantly growing is a pleasure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:31:47 PM

Though I am a student, I think I am already doing this. I earn and get paid in BTC in joining signature campaigns and other services that I think is being run by specific companies.
It is great having btc as salary when prices are high and I think that is logically practical and many users are getting sad when prices suddenlys drops and their rates are being took off and becomes smaller. It is better to set a USD priced rates than BTC I guess so that it is fixed.
sultanali

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:43:17 PM

In future we will see more things like this as bitcoin and other altcoins are getting more and more popular around the world we will see this soon more often that employees getting paid in Bitcoin and Other coins.
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 08:50:14 PM

I have heard that work is being done in this regard and that there are requests. Of course, at that time bitcoin was on the rising trend. Are there any willing people now at the same time? I'm not so sure.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:54:38 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 02:41:45 AM by justine11

Yes why because bitcoin is a good investment to hold although the price is having a hard time to increase and also as a signature campaign poster it is quite not new that my salary is paid with bitcoin so, if next time that someone ask me for job and my salary is paid in bitcoin or ethereum i will accept it without any doubts that my monetary value will lose or something because i am a supporter.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:59:55 PM

It actually depends if what you are earning at work is what you are using for your daily expenses. Bitcoin is really volatile so it's value can change anytime. Let us say that you have received your salary when bitcoin was $20,000 and it went down to $15,000 when you were about to cash out your salary, so, you've just lost a lot of money.
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:20:16 PM

I do not see the idea of paying wages in btc. Imagine receiving your $ 2,000 paycheck in btc and then finding out after 15 days that the BTC has dropped and you have earned only 1,500 ...
catok broek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:39:26 PM

this idea is almost impossible because of its volatility and decentralized. Cryptocurrencies are not mentioned in employment contracts, because it does not suit labors. Labors Organization will react to this idea. I think no company will do this.
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

salary paid in bitcoin, litecoin or ethereum i would accept, but only 50% from my salary. anything else would be too big for me at the current price erosion. but in itself i find the idea very good.
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:53:56 AM

hmm, its look not good right now because if they paid salary with their own cryptocurrency i think it will be risky if the price of the cryptocurrency is not stable and the price is going down and going up in a second its will be risky to their salary, maybe it will decrease their salary if the price of crypto is going down
If they are paying their employees with their own made cryptocurrency then surely this idea is not acceptable if I would be their employee. Reason is, all the coins in crypto market are volatile. They don’t stop at one place hence growing up and down every time. So how could be my salary would fulfilling my needs if we are not getting enough salary in dip days? So think over it.
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:35:43 AM

if someone get paid their salary in bitcoin, its more likely you get paid with assets invesment. simply you just directly invest what you have done in the company and what you get from the company. after I watch the whole video, it can be seen that almost all of the respondents already know cryptocurrency, this is a good sign. and a 36% percentage that says yes simply indicates that the longer cryptocurrency is getting accepted.
I like the idea of being paid in world’s most expensive and precious digital asset. An asset that can also bring profits over time. This way, a person who will be receiving salary in bitcoin would actually have two income sources. But the truth is no company or organization is that generous to give away bitcoin.At the present moment, it is not possible or too much difficult for this to happen.
davhek

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

A company did an interesting social media experiment on people's acceptance of cryptocurrency as a method of payment for salary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcGUeDlnLU&t=30s

Looks as though it could possibly have been staged by the company (I don't think so??), but the results seemed similar to what I would expect if it was genuine. And I think it is actually a clever way of promoting their token sale, more potential to go viral than other promotional videos I've seen. Anyway, personally I think I would be happy to take cryptocurrency as at least part payment for salary, and depending on circumstances, the whole amount.

It is a hard one cause of the huge volatility currently going on. But I would seriously consider it as I strongly believe that Bitcoin will succeed. Yes it is a risk but the one that has a great potential to pay off multiple times at the end Wink

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 11:04:25 AM

A company did an interesting social media experiment on people's acceptance of cryptocurrency as a method of payment for salary.

Looks as though it could possibly have been staged by the company (I don't think so??), but the results seemed similar to what I would expect if it was genuine. And I think it is actually a clever way of promoting their token sale, more potential to go viral than other promotional videos I've seen. Anyway, personally I think I would be happy to take cryptocurrency as at least part payment for salary, and depending on circumstances, the whole amount.

Of this is true, then I guess i would still have to read all the terms and conditions of this payment method as an alternative for the salary. My main concern is that in the paper currency what you get is what is also stated in the contract but in the cryptocurrency market it is different as it is volatile. So say that the market changed drastically and that bitcoin went down so low then it might affect the company and the employees more ways than one though I agree this can be explored

Zach707

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:13:22 AM

This needs a thorough study since not everybody in the company is joining bitcoin. This would create mis understanding and confusion to some. I would not agree for now.
susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:18:19 AM

salary paid with bitcoin does not seem too bad because I think paying using bitcoin is a very good step because it can keep up with the times and by storing bitcoin a lot will get a very high profit when bitcoin price goes up, but it should be asked to the workers whether they accept payment using bitcoin or not.
Skizzewizzie

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:21:57 AM

I would take that. A big portion of my salary already goes into investing in bitcoin anyway so I would just take out what I needed and leave the rest in bitcoins.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:43:44 AM

I would say no to cryptocurrency as a method of payment for salary (maybe exept USDT coins). Its look not good for me right now because crypto is an investment with very high risks and unstable price.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:28:01 PM

Yes salary can be paid in bitcoin if my country don't ban btc
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:28:47 PM

Yes salary can be paid in bitcoin if my country don't ban btc