Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: to be a translator  (Read 184 times)
Nikkolodeon (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

I don't know if this topic should be here but, I want to ask, How can I apply for translation campaign without any portfolio? or How can I get portfolios? thanks. Smiley
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:43:25 AM

I don't know if this topic should be here but, I want to ask, How can I apply for translation campaign without any portfolio? or How can I get portfolios? thanks. Smiley

You must try to apply for translation campaign that doesn't require portfolio. But there is very rare campaign like that, almost no.
If you have translation experiences in real life, other projects, non crypto related, it's also good and you can add them to your portfolio.
Good luck!
xrpdavid

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:52:03 AM

I translated my first project as a co-translator for someone with experience. Another thing you can do is keep on trying without portfolio.. maybe it's not a top nodge proejct that will allow you to do your first translation, but you are building a portfolio that way which you can use later to translate in bigger and better projects. In translation bounties where you don't have to give up an example URL, I think many subscribers just lie about earlier projects and make a start in building portfolio that way.

Anyhow, if you do your first translation perfect... it will make it much easier to apply for the next one... Smiley

strelko

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:59:00 AM

You will have tough time getting the first project here without any experience. However, if you have got some experience on another Freelance platform, you may give that as reference.
Nikkolodeon (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:19:10 AM

what if I just voluntarily translate their threads? Can I do that? where should I post it so that I can stock more voluntarily translated threads?
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 09:52:45 AM

I don't think that portfolio is needed for translation purpose but since some people use Google translation and claim bounty rewards, there are some announcements to avoid such thing. I remember I have translated one announcement thread about a year ago (it took me 6 hours to translate everything from that topic) and claimed the reward. However, higher rank has higher chances of getting translation request approved so I would recommend you to improve your rank and then go for translation if you don't have any previous experience. The only way to build a great portfolio is to start with a single project and learning throughout the process and using it in next project and keep improving.
danielkruchin

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 02:43:13 AM

Try translating some serious stuff not connected with crypto, but with tech in general. Some freelance stuff on the internet that will get posted publicly, so you can use it as part of your portfolio.
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 06:15:48 AM

It will be a little tough to get into translation business unless you have a portfolio.  I am a translator myself, and in the beginning it was very difficult to qualify for translation bounties.  However, there are a few ways I would suggest for you to try:

1)  Read this topic:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085609.msg31821680#msg31821680
2)  Fill out the form & Register here:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UXNpbPalIfVOgf3sXc9wAIRJP7HseOUju46pX8hwjHQ/viewform
3)  Find translation campaigns, either search on BCT Bounty threads or go to website such as: https://bountyplatform.io/
4)  Register for translation campaign there.  Explain to the bounty manager that you are know and doesn't have any portfolio.
5)  In lieu of portfolio, perhaps you can use your linked in profile.
6)  Try to contact ICOs directly and offer to do translations for free

P/S:  Please be advised that ICO translation is not just about the language, you must also be well-versed in terminology, technical terms, familiarity with Photoshop, manipulating images, BB codes etc..

Good luck.

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
paresh nakar

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:18:37 AM

how can i get project and translator work i am from india and my native language hindi but i dont know how i get project.
BetadiNe

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:11:43 AM

I think being a translator is quite difficult, I was not interested to follow the program,
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:13:42 PM

Perhaps you could build your portfolio or at the very least a list of references by completing work on a freelance platform such as https://www.xbtfreelancer.com/

There's plenty of translation work there. 

Good luck, hope this helps!
Tendou_Karen

Activity: 444
Merit: 13

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:30:51 PM

You must try to apply for translation campaign that doesn't require portfolio. But there is very rare campaign like that, almost no.
If you have translation experiences in real life, other projects, non crypto related, it's also good and you can add them to your portfolio.
Good luck!

You were right about that, it's hard to find a translation campaign that doesn't require portofolio, but luckily i could find one of it  Cheesy
Yeah putting translation experience in real life should be accepted too.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:52:17 PM

You will have tough time getting the first project here without any experience. However, if you have got some experience on another Freelance platform, you may give that as reference.

You mean work without any payment just for experience? You can directly contact a team to ask their permission for doing that.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
MindanaONE

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:05:41 PM

It is just like looking for a job without experience(s) and the job requires you to have at least two (2) years experience. I mean how do you get experience if they require you to have experience when you are still newbie?
EliseMarieBest

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 01:24:37 PM

Having a resume or online CV with proof of work could help! I translate to Estonian myself Smiley
Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:36:52 PM

I think being a translator is quite difficult, I was not interested to follow the program,

I think if you have other language skills (even more than 3 languages) of course be a translator / follow translation project is not difficult, but if you do not have other language skills it will be very difficult for you to do (even if still in the learning process)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:38:44 PM

It will be a little tough to get into translation business unless you have a portfolio.  I am a translator myself, and in the beginning it was very difficult to qualify for translation bounties.  However, there are a few ways I would suggest for you to try:

1)  Read this topic:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085609.msg31821680#msg31821680
2)  Fill out the form & Register here:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UXNpbPalIfVOgf3sXc9wAIRJP7HseOUju46pX8hwjHQ/viewform
3)  Find translation campaigns, either search on BCT Bounty threads or go to website such as: https://bountyplatform.io/
4)  Register for translation campaign there.  Explain to the bounty manager that you are know and doesn't have any portfolio.

P/S:  Please be advised that ICO translation is not just about the language, you must also be well-versed in terminology, technical terms, familiarity with Photoshop, manipulating images, BB codes etc..

Good luck.

You are right buddy, sometime other experience also can be helpful when applying, if you have enough educational background and confident with  your own language, or you have enough knowledge to translate any English line in to your language then certainly you can apply for translation project. And mind that will be turned down many times but keep on trying.
o9utz

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:51:12 PM

Good luck.

Thank you jitra.. your explaination very helpfull.. i think i have to try it... good luck jitra...
birzh0

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:50:03 PM

Yeah, translation is not just knowledge of one or more languages.
There are some customers that give you nothing, i mean files. There is ann/bounty threads, website.
And you must take/crop/code/link by yourself, it becomes your problem Grin
typing is not enough...
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: