Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:19:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit-Pay.com / Super Boost for Bitcoin Economy  (Read 8142 times)
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 03:54:30 AM

Wow...Pretty girls and bitcoins in the same company! Tongue I thought you hired her just to shoot the video. Sorry for my post then.

It helps having access to all the STARE models if we need to hire a pretty face Smiley 

Alison also works for Fox Sports and SpikeTV (she is "Chelsea" on TNA Wrestling) so she's not full-time with us, but she does a great job with all the public relations stuff so we can work on the code.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:34:13 AM

This is just about as easy as putting a button with a form on your page. Sure you have to pay a fee. But it is worth it to save a lot of headache.

He brings up a good point that we didn't get time to explain on TV.  We basically have 2 options for paying our merchants:

1.  If you don't want anything to do with bitcoins and you want dollars sent to your bank account, like what happens with Paypal or credit cards, then bit-pay assumes the currency risk and the trading fees for the full amount of the order.  We do all of this as part of the package for the merchant that doesn't want to mess with bitcoins.  Our fees for everything in this case is 2.99%.

2.  If the merchant is fine taking bitcoins, we do offer a much lower fee for this, since we don't have any currency exchange or trading risks or costs.  If you'll take bitcoins, you can use all of bit-pay's services and the fees are 0.99%.

Ahh, that's what I was waiting for. .....Now I can fully apologize for my criticisms of you guys. I wanted to, but had to put you up against the wall first, to get those crazy prices down for the community.
   I want to say I fully appreciate what you guys are doing, I just had a real serious problem with those prices being charged to the bitcoin community for something that does not warrant it. Good luck with your endeavor. I'll be using your services on some of my sites in the future. 1% is reasonable. Thanks!

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 09:58:50 AM

I tend not to watch video.  You may find that developers tend to not watch video, we like to read.

I'm posting to say that i am like him, i prefer read things than watching a video.

So, less video and more WRITTEN things that explain this. No, i won't watch "episode 30", sorry.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 12:20:00 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2011, 12:48:02 PM by bitpay

I'm posting to say that i am like him, i prefer read things than watching a video.

Gabi we have full written documentation inside the site for approved merchants.  It's not that hard really, if you've ever made a Paypal button you can make one of ours, without needing any instructions.

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 08:19:45 PM

www.OGDOGG.com has integrated Bit-Pay buttons in the Merchandise section.  Check it out. 

Awesome! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: