Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I secure my bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 366 times)
Odlanyer

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:55:15 PM

All we kow there many hacker scatter in bitcoin world and to secure my password i used a wallet that i think ut safest to keep my money and used an powerful password and dont give it a person you cant trusted.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:09:52 PM

Better so open your wallet on your personal phone or personal computer rather than opening it to a public computer shop just to check your balance.
Protecting your private key is essential also to keep your wallet safe.
If you save if it to your wallet, then do not use this email to sign in to different site especially to make transactions that you need to create your account inside their site using your email, try to use another account with different passwords.

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:15:14 PM

there are many ways to secure a bitcoin wallet, such as:
1. save the private key well,
2. activation 2FA feature, its function is to provide authentication about the truth of access in your bitcoin wallet account.
3. use a stronger password.
4. does not save a lot of bitcoin on the exchanger.
5.saving bitcoin wallets with hard wallets like ledger and trezor.
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:19:36 PM

For me, the best way to avoid this hackers from hacking our accounts and wallet is to use an offline wallet where we would only access our wallets on our personal computers at home. Also, not connecting a public wifi during our access on our wallets would minimize the risk of having it hacked.
This is absolutely true, offline wallets are more secure than online wallets because everyone can access to his bitcoins or altcoins without any connection with the internet. So you are avoiding anyone  to see anything about your DATA. There is some online wallets and too secure like blockchain but if you are not carefully using your account, there is a chance to be hacked.
thunderclup

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:50:05 AM

For me, the best way to keep you bitcoin wallet safe is to keep your private keys don't give it to any one like your friends, don't open you wallet account on PC or in the other phone only in you own phone because if you forgot it into the PC or the other phone there I a chance to hack it.
Nsync

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:03:30 AM

This is absolutely true
loyaeskiron

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:30:33 AM

To have a secure bitcoin wallet, it simply having a strong password and don't let other people know your password. And for the safety of your wallet just copy it on your secret files that no one knows. But if you have a good partner or your wife or any family member just let them know also incase when you die there would be another person continue to access your wallet.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:31:20 AM

if you have to secure your bitcoin wallet, your wallet should have the capabilities of a two- factor key log in, aside from your security pin, your key should be hard to decipher, try to have a more secured pin, a combination of letters and numbers that has nothing to do with your personal data such as birthdays, anniversary, phone number.

do not use your wallet when you are connected to a public wifi or at an internet shop. usually, those connections are unsecured and more prone to hackers.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:35:48 AM

To secure your bitcoin wallet, you must give your personal details and private keys in order that noone will have an access to you wallet. And also be careful to phishing sites in the web as they look like your ordinary sites.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:49:44 AM

To secure your bitcoin wallet, you must give your personal details and private keys in order that noone will have an access to you wallet. And also be careful to phishing sites in the web as they look like your ordinary sites.

I keep my wallet secure by not opening sites that I dont know or new to me. I dont keep my private keys in my social networking sites. I keep a copy offline and dont give it to anyone. I also change password from time to time.
rsrb

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:58:40 AM

"Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly. Always remember that it is your responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect your money.The things you should do to keep your wallet secure are:
 a) Backup your wallet
 b) Encrypt your wallet
 c)Offline wallet for savings
 d)Keep your software up to date
 e)Multi-signature to protect against theft
 f)Think about your testament
 To learn more about it you can visit this site:
  https://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet"
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:51:48 AM

There are some types of wallet: Electronic, Software , Online, Mobile, Hardware. The secure depends on the version and format you have chosen, and how you use them. The safest option is a hardware wallet which you keep offline, in a secure place. That way there is no risk that your account can be hacked, your keys stolen and your bitcoin whisked away. But, if you lose the wallet, your bitcoin are gone, unless you have created a clone and kept reliable backups of the keys.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 04:23:45 PM

A bitcoin wallet is nothing but the private key required to spend Bitcoins associated with your wallet. You can store your key on exchange (they won't share the key with you usually), hardware wallet, paper wallet or even in your brain if you believe that you have a super memory (I would never recommend this method) so the security depends on the location of the key and generally holding key in offline mode is strongly recommended in paper or hardware wallet with enough psychical security.
kmlhsan

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:29:59 PM

Securing own bitcoin wallet is very important. Because hackers everytime trying to hack wallet. To secure your account you need to use an unique and strong password for your account that shouldn't use anywhere before.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

First of all you must to secure your account by a strong password with more 6 characters and contains upercase and special character then you must activate 2FA authenticator in your account also activate the code of verification by your phone number
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:20:27 PM

To prevent  btc wallet to be hacked  by someone, we need to consider the following:
1. you need to have a strong password. Use a password that is very hard to guess by anyone. You can use jumbled words, or something that is very unique and is not connected to any of you personal information such as your name or birthday. Try using a combination of letters and number.
2. Always update your wallet, thus making your wallet more secure.
3. Backup your bitcoin wallet.
4. Do not disclose your btc wallet to anyone.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:55:41 AM

Securing own bitcoin wallet is very important. Because hackers everytime trying to hack wallet. To secure your account you need to use an unique and strong password for your account that shouldn't use anywhere before.

Definitely yes! Before anything else you need to secure first your account by putting 2FA authenticator, this is very useful to every body specially if you have a lot of hold bitcoin. Sometimes  hacker send an unfamiliar message to everyone, I suggest don't ever click that kind of message cause most of the time that kind of message will directly copy all your private information.
RBLT

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:22:08 AM

There are many hacker who  always trying to take money from wallet. I am very scare about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure my  wallet so that my bitcoin will always be safe and secured. Please give me some ideas

As long you not sharing you Private Keys wallet, you are safe ( i guess ). But if you thinking you are not safe enough maybe you can use hard wallet such as Trezor or Ledger. and be carefull for scam websites ..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: