Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is gpu Mining is still Profitable ?  (Read 249 times)
dirplanet (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:38:24 AM

Hello all,

Im Nob In Mining World I am wants to know that is GPU mining is still Profitable i'm from India

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nshadab

Activity: 33
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:40:12 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 12:18:06 PM by nshadab

Hello all,
Im Nob In Mining World I am wants to know that is GPU mining is still Profitable i'm from India

STAY AWAY if you dont know what you are going into.....

i think you should better start with this: https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator
you'll answer your question yourself.

GPU prices are SUPER HIGH, and ROI is just DIRT.

See... 1080ti the best one --- costing around MIN 90k ($1384.14 approx) in delhi, india; where as the ROI is $1.47/day on NeoScrypt.
So you need 941 days to get your money back.

Consider other issues also before following the blind race

1) RBI's crackdown on cryptocurrencies - Though it's not a very big effect, but only for ADVANCE PROFESSIONALS; still full of risk for newbies.
2) Also this is not just 90k, you need to buy new Power Supply for this GPU (17-20k), MotherBoard (7-10k), SSD (4-5k), 4 GB RAM (2k)
3) Also to cover just your GPU costs, you need to run your machine 24x7.
4) Electricity cost would be additional, this beast consume good amount of electricity depends upon the kind of Scrypt you are mining
dongamk

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:32:02 PM

In a time when cryptocurrencies are becoming more mainstream and a more lucrative form of income for individuals all around the world, it's no surprise that technology continues to advance at a lightning-fast rate. For several of us, our journey started in the cryptocurrency space in the form of mining. Some of us started with GPUs and continued on as technology advanced and ASICs were developed. In an effort to curb this trend, newer cryptocurrencies that were supposedly ASIC-resistant were developed.

Bitmain has been consistently in the lead of ASIC development and ahead of all competition when it came to price vs hashrate and faster to market than any other manufacturer to date.

Once that ASIC comes online, it will destroy the profitability for GPU mining. Smaller miners will shut off their machines because it won’t be profitable for them to mine ethereum any more. It will crush the mom-and-pops.” First, the price has dropped on ether, and now with the ASICs, GPU mining will become even less profitable. That stronger processing power will make mining more difficult for GPU miners. ASIC machines have the capability to run through calculations at a faster rate than GPUs and solve more blocks at a faster clip, so the ether algorithms will increase the degree of difficulty exponentially for all ether miners attempting to unlock blocks.

Cryptocurrency players say they are concerned ASICs will transform the industry, because their high cost will make mining viable for only a small number of participants, including large companies and wealthy individuals. That could give these participants the potential to control a currency.

If two or three mining pools have more than 51% of the combined hash power, they can decide which ether blocks get mined and which ones don’t. The guys who created bitcoin (BTC) never envisioned GPUs being used to mine it or ASICs. They thought it would be democratized and everyone would mine it just using their computers. But now the only way to mine for bitcoin is to have an ASIC, and the power is consolidated around it.

Yes, during the distribution of antiminer f3 in july, eth mining will be profitable but after saturation of ASIC, it won't as btc nowadays it.
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:01:10 PM

Hello all,

There is a lot of uncertainty about GPU mining right now after many asics have showed up for many coins including XMR which used cryptonight algo and was considered to be ASIC-resistant. XMR had to hardfork to brick all the asic and the huge amount of hashes which was brought to the network.

I wouldn't risk investing in mining (especially since you live in India) as the situation is the worst after the RBI's new regulation on cryptocurrency. Spend your money wisely, don't jump in without proper research or awareness about what is going on.
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:57:51 PM

Hello all,

As of now GPU or any kind of mining is risky. Don't do specially if living in India. Let government and RBI finalize what side they will sit either with BTC to allow and take income-tax or banned it for everyone.

** FREE SPACE **
kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:40:58 AM

There is a lot of uncertainty about GPU mining right now after many asics have showed up for many coins including XMR which used cryptonight algo and was considered to be ASIC-resistant. XMR had to hardfork to brick all the asic and the huge amount of hashes which was brought to the network.

seems there is confusion about ASIC vs GPU.   

most cryptocurrencies will resist ASIC mining (BTC, XMR, etc) through protocol changes, upgrades, forks. This won't affect most GPU systems as they are FPGA and can be reprogrammed.  Only ASIC machines will be bricked. 

It is still profitable to mine with GPU but @nshadab's post is quite informative about the economics.

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:12:05 PM

Hello all,

i think you should better start with this: https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

See... 1080ti the best one --- costing around MIN 90k ($1384.14 approx) in delhi, india; where as the ROI is $1.47/day on NeoScrypt.

1) RBI's crackdown on cryptocurrencies - Though it's not a very big effect, but only for ADVANCE PROFESSIONALS; still full of risk for newbies.
2) Also this is not just 90k, you need to buy new Power Supply for this GPU (17-20k), MotherBoard (7-10k), SSD (4-5k), 4 GB RAM (2k)
4) Electricity cost would be additional, this beast consume good amount of electricity depends upon the kind of Scrypt you are mining

It is indeed better to stay away or lets say not much option left now after the RBI crackdown which they have stated and this clearly says all that Indian govt is not supporting crypto. So never to get indulge in such things which can only bring loss as everything needs to be shutdown in coming time.
Madeon

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:51:58 PM

You should do more research before getting into the mining business!
The GPU mining is profitable, but you have to be well documented before start investing since a decent GPU mining rig is not cheap.

If you need help you can PM me, I'll give you more details about it!

Cheers!
cchoudhary

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:41:48 PM

Yes, group mining is profitable but you have to join right pool . Sometime contributor  didn't get there share because of fraud so first do sufficient research about pool.
magirental

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:57:54 AM

Hello all,

why don't you try cpu mining I can provide you upto 150 khps for magicoin, and 400 Hps for cryptonight based coins @Rs. 60K per annum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
magi rigs for rent with very low one time payments. hashes upto 150khps and duration upto 1 year.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3907169.0
TRS-HARDWARE

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:24:44 AM

Mining will last as long as cryptomarket exists.. this means profitability is always there.
use a web-based profitability calculator to run a cost-benefit analysis. You can plug in different numbers and find your breakeven point (after which mining is profitable). Determine if you are willing to lay out the necessary initial capital for the hardware, and estimate the future value of bitcoins as well as the level of difficulty. When both bitcoin prices and mining difficulty decline, it usually indicates fewer miners and more ease in receiving bitcoins. When bitcoin prices and mining difficulty rise, expect the opposite—more miners competing for fewer bitcoins. and the ongoing trading nature determines how much profits can you pull from your mining setup.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:29:38 PM

Hello all,

why don't you try cpu mining I can provide you upto 150 khps for magicoin, and 400 Hps for cryptonight based coins @Rs. 60K per annum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
magi rigs for rent with very low one time payments. hashes upto 150khps and duration upto 1 year.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3907169.0

How much profit you earn from this magicians? I haven't heard much about this coin.
aamicryptoIND

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:51:18 AM

hello, considering the electricity bill,  I want to know , is GPU mining is still Profitable i'm from India
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:49:01 PM

hello, considering the electricity bill,  I want to know , is GPU mining is still Profitable i'm from India

Do not mine at this point of time where the government could introduce a all ban on the crypto and its related activities. So better to get clear direction else you will invest a huge money and then will realize that you have to wind up due to this which will make a huge loss for you.
ubljc

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:05:27 PM

Well just consider few things:

1. Yes at the moment profitability is on the lower end, but considering difficulty levels you can still mine XXXX cryptos. Difficulty levels mostly will go skywards. You can mine and wait fro the price increases. GPU and ASIC prices are related with crypto prices, they rise with rise on crypto prices.

2. the world is catching up with cryptos and you should not mind spending out to learn the things and consider it as investment or learning fees, you can do group buy with other friends and start experimenting.

Regards,
UBLJ'C
ubljc

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:10:17 PM

Do not mine at this point of time where the government could introduce a all ban on the crypto and its related activities. So better to get clear direction else you will invest a huge money and then will realize that you have to wind up due to this which will make a huge loss for you.

So when you invest in gold and other mutual schemes or equity are you sure of the companies performance. And crypto trading against money is not allowed in most of the countries around the world. You can have OTC options, and this ban word is wrong to use in India for cryptos.

NOte: GPU can be resold to cover  back expenses, So called ban wont mean end of the hardware used...

Regards,
UBLJ'C
etc-speedpool.com

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:49:41 AM

Yes. that is still profitable provided you choose the right pool. not overloaded with miners.
Payout wont be very frequent with small. But will greater in numbers.

We've just added support for Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and Ellaism to our pool.

No registration required
Pool Fee: 0% (introductory offer)
Runs on dedicated hardware (Octa-Core Xeons, 128 GB Ram)
Payout System: PPLNS
Payouts: Every 30 minutes
Minimum Payout: 0.1 ETH

https://eth-speedpool.com
SET GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
SET GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
SET GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
SET GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
SET GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
./ethdcrminer64 -epool eth-speedpool.com:80018 -ewal YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS -epsw x -eworker RIG_ID -esm 0 -mode 1 -allcoins 1

https://etc-speedpool.com

Minimum Payout: 0.1 ETC

https://etc-speedpool.com

./ethdcrminer64 -epool etc-speedpool.com:8001 -ewal YOUR_ETC_ADDRESS -epsw x -eworker RIG_ID -esm 0 -mode 1 -allcoins 1

Minimum Payout: 1 ELLA

./ethdcrminer64 -epool ella-speedpool.com:8062 -ewal YOUR_ELLA_ADDRESS -epsw x -eworker RIG_ID -esm 0 -mode 1 -allcoins 1

Byzantinium Hardfork ready
Managed by dedicated staff focused on uptime, performance, fairness and timely payouts

Warms regards,
Pool Admin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: