Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm starting my own BTC exchange, need coders!!  (Read 1074 times)
brunposta (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:19:23 AM

Hi

In Chile we don't really have a way to easily buy and sell Bitcoins at decent spreads.
If you have Chilean pesos and want BTC all you can do is international wires (which costs a LOT in Chile) or search for a one to one private exchange trough Localbitcoins.
So, I want to start a professional exchange that: rely on a liquid, bigger exchange for transactions (trough API), with cold storage, double authentication, physical backups, DDos protection, all the amenities... you get the point.
I will not be the coder of the site, so, I need some with provable experience to help me setting up the site (or at least part of it).
Your language can be either English or Spanish as well (Italian is welcome too) and you don't need to live in Chile.
IF you fit to the task, you can get cash payments, a share in the exchange or a combination of the two.

PM me coders! :-)

Bruno

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 08:43:50 AM

Just leaving this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308360.0

It's simple, but it only costs 1 BTC. If you want something like Mt. Gox, be prepared to spend thousands and thousands on development.
chrisLG

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:01:22 AM

Hi

In Chile we don't really have a way to easily buy and sell Bitcoins at decent spreads.
If you have Chilean pesos and want BTC all you can do is international wires (which costs a LOT in Chile) or search for a one to one private exchange trough Localbitcoins.
So, I want to start a professional exchange that: rely on a liquid, bigger exchange for transactions (trough API), with cold storage, double authentication, physical backups, DDos protection, all the amenities... you get the point.
I will not be the coder of the site, so, I need some with provable experience to help me setting up the site (or at least part of it).
Your language can be either English or Spanish as well (Italian is welcome too) and you don't need to live in Chile.
IF you fit to the task, you can get cash payments, a share in the exchange or a combination of the two.

PM me coders! :-)

Bruno

I like your idea of bringing an easy way to buy/sell bitcoin in Chile. Unfortunately exchanges often fall under banking regulation and Bitcoin is too pupular now to simply "fly under the radar". Plus: If you do use an api to trade you're not actually trading Bitcoin and or Fiat, you're trading claims to Bitcoin/Fiat on a certain exchange. Which just adds a layer of risk for your customers (see: withdrawing Bitcoin/Fiat from Mt.Gox right now).

I propose you keep it simple: If there is no easy/inexpensive way to trade Bitcoin in Chile at the moment your first mover advantage might put you in a nice spot, even if you don't offer a full fledged exchange. Chilenean People that just want to daytrade have no incentive using your exchange anyway - they can just use bitstamp or Mt.Gox for daytrading since they're not planning on withdrawing the funds anyway.

Although I found it "rugged" at first I pretty much like the security and user experience of bitcoin.de (now partnering with a German bank making it propably the most secure and reliable Bitcoin trading platform in the world). The workflow is as follows:

If you want to buy Bitcoin:
  • Choose from a list of sellers (and their offers) or create a new buying offer
  • Pick one (their funds will be blocked so they can not "double sell them"
  • Wire the money to them
  • After receiving the bank wire they release the coins
  • Done

If you want to sell Bitcoin:
  • Transfer funds to the Sites wallet, wait for confirmations
  • Choose from a list of buyers (and their offers) or create a new selling offer
  • Pick one
  • Wait for them to wire you the money
  • After receiving the bank wire release the coins
  • Done

The drawbacks are: This is not a full exchange with live trading but merely a transaction platform. But on the plus side you *never* touch any fiat (which is nice because this is where things might get nasty regulation-wise).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: