Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More robust pool/miner services...  (Read 600 times)
alans (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 01:27:41 AM

Driving home today I had a great idea - someone else maybe already had it but I haven't read/heard about it anywhere I've looked.  Then, I realized I worked a full time job and ran a small mining operation and didn't have time to start it up.

The initial idea was like a bitcoin miner's ad council.  Miners contribute to a group that provides general marketing/campaigning for bitcoins.  I don't have the time or expertise but would be willing to contribute to such an endeavor.

Then I got to thinking this would be a great way for a pool to attract new miners.  There are lots of new pools looking for miners, I'd be interested in seeing a pool offer to collect for coordinated marketing and advertising.

While I'm wishing I'd also like to see pool tools made available to the solo miner.  Reporting on solo mining is for shit.  Would you offer tracking/management of my solo block endeavor for a slice if I ever get a solve?

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of services and features pools and exchanges could offer beyond ordinary currency conversion and bitcoin holding to attract customers away from the mtgox and deepbit rosters.

Your ideas?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: