Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Round 1 - BOUNTY 10 x .05 BTC to betatest my exchange and provide feedback  (Read 2139 times)
indicasteve (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 08:05:42 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2011, 08:15:53 PM by indicasteve

Hi folks!

My exchange is getting closer to completion, and I still haven't received any feedback on it from the community, so I'm willing to pay a small fee for your opinion...good or bad!

My exchange is called BitSwaps and it is based on Google's Appengine.

For now, you will need a Gmail account to log in.  I will be adding OpenID once appengine fully supports it over https.

I am looking for 10 people who want to try my exchange system and provide some feedback.

Once this round of testing is complete and any necessary changes are made, I will do it again with round 2.

I am specifically looking for people who have trading experience with at least 2 other exchanges.

Testers get a demo account with 100 CAD, 100 USD and 20 BTC.

I would like my testers to make several buy / sell market orders and also try the instant market feature.  Testers should also check their transaction history and balances to ensure all trades were completed accurately.

I would also like the testers to try and 'hack' my exchange.  Examples would be posting invalid data, negative numbers, absurd inputs etc...and point out any vulnerabilities I may have overlooked.

Beta testers who wish to work with me on a continual basis can also have their names shown on BitSwaps website's team page...I don't mind to give credit where credit is due!

I wish I could pay more for your help, but I am not a miner and only have a small amount of BTC as 'seed' money.  Smiley

Well, If you have some spare time and would like to help me out, my site is at https://bitswaps.appspot.com

Thank you all in advance.

Steve

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 08:22:44 PM

bug 1: can not withdraw my bitcoins Smiley

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 08:25:47 PM

bug 2: BTC Balance: ฿1.88737914186e-15

check my user pcfreck.

can't you figure out how to do floating point math right?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
indicasteve (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 10:10:48 PM

Wow...looks like you found a rounding error bug.  Bitswaps is coded to use 8 decimal places.  Your balance reflects a very small amount (10^-15) that should have been rounded to zero during the transaction instead of leaving a tiny remainder.

A balance less than 0.00000001 should have been rounded to 8 decimal places effectively making your balance zero.

Yes, I do understand the complexities of floating point math and I appreciate your help revealing BitSwaps shortcomings. 

I will review the transaction history and look into exactly which function caused the error and fix it.

TYSM for your reply!  This is what demo testing is for!

I will send .05 BTC to the address in your sig.

indicasteve (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 11:46:35 PM

Upon looking at the transaction history and my code, the error occurred when you tried to withdraw BTC.

The 'PendingWithdrawl' class wasn't tested properly by myself and a bug got through that allowed an absurd small remainder to remain upon the calculation of the withdrawal fee.

I've sent a bonus .05 BTC for your insightful input and bug catching abilities!.

mizike29

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:03:30 AM

Been trading on MTGOX for awhile and selling on ebay, craigslist etc for awile.  Ill beta test it.

mizike29

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:07:15 AM

Checked it out, did some instant buys, sells, seems to work well so far.  See how the withdrawl goes through. I would definitely recommend getting withdrawl to DWOLLA as a choice or paypal if you could pull that off as well, would definitely help the exchange.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 02:16:21 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2011, 02:32:00 AM by johnthedong

'You requested to Instant Buy 1e-28 BTC.

Transaction - Instant Buy (+) BTC-CAD 1e-28 BTC @ 13.57 CAD per BTC
Order Total:0.0

Your Instant Order was completely Filled!'

You should implement rounding more elegantly.
*EDIT: Before i forget, change the title on the browsers too. Having the google icon and the url as the title aren't that convincing from a consumer viewpoint.
indicasteve (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 07:18:59 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2011, 07:33:09 AM by indicasteve

Thanks for your input guys.  Its late here so I will have to catch up and square up  in the morning.

Payment sent to johnthedog...thanks!  I was wondering if anyone would notice!  Yes, I haven't bothered at all to make the site SEO friendly yet.  No 'title' on my pages and no favorite.ico just testing the basics.

mizike29...send me an address for payment!  thanks!

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:07:11 AM

Upon looking at the transaction history and my code, the error occurred when you tried to withdraw BTC.

The 'PendingWithdrawl' class wasn't tested properly by myself and a bug got through that allowed an absurd small remainder to remain upon the calculation of the withdrawal fee.

I've sent a bonus .05 BTC for your insightful input and bug catching abilities!.

thanks! Cheesy

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:44:51 AM

there is also a bug in your fee handling, when instant sell.
Time   Type   Amount   USD Balance   CAD Balance   BTC Balance
1312018664   Instant Sell (+)   7.24 USD   11.02   144.44   0.43
1312018664   Instant Sell (-)   -0.43 BTC   3.78   144.44   6.82787160144e-15

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:48:24 AM

You requested to Market Buy 10.0 BTC.

You will accept 12.0 CAD per BTC.

The fee to place this order is 1.20 CAD

Can NOT complete your order! Error: You can not place a buy order higher than 0.0 CAD! Please our instant trade system instead!
seems that i cannot place a bid, when there is no asks.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 09:51:54 AM

look i made it crash!
i sold to myself! Cheesy
there must be some kind of reward now! Smiley
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/ext/webapp/__init__.py", line 700, in __call__
    handler.get(*groups)
  File "/base/data/home/apps/s~bitswaps/1.352184177366039757/bitswaps.py", line 409, in get
    self.response.out.write(Make5minchart("BTC-CAD"))
  File "/base/data/home/apps/s~bitswaps/1.352184177366039757/bitswaps.py", line 201, in Make5minchart
    datasell+=str(result.btccadsell*4)+","
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int'

indicasteve (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 10:06:44 AM

I might be fucked anyway...it's late at night and I still can't sleep so I went looking for some stats and found this: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-005-x/2011001/article/11454-eng.htm

Most recent Statistics Canada report on money laundering.  .. it's an interesting read indeed.

One quote caught my interest:
"According to the Criminal Code, money laundering, also referred to as laundering proceeds of crime, occurs when an individual or group uses, transfers, sends, delivers, transports, transmits, alters, disposes of or otherwise deals with, any property or proceeds of any property that was obtained as a result of criminal activity. This is done with the intent to conceal or convert illegal assets into legitimate funds."

That kinda sux.

However, I am determined to continue on with BitSwaps and hope to assist making bitcoins available to more people.

I must however affirm that myself nor BitSwaps has any intent to participate in illegal activities and we strictly adhere to the guidelines as set out by fintrac: http://www.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca/reporting-declaration/Info/rptEFT-eng.asp

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:14:14 AM

I might be fucked anyway...it's late at night and I still can't sleep so I went looking for some stats and found this: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-005-x/2011001/article/11454-eng.htm

Most recent Statistics Canada report on money laundering.  .. it's an interesting read indeed.

One quote caught my interest:
"According to the Criminal Code, money laundering, also referred to as laundering proceeds of crime, occurs when an individual or group uses, transfers, sends, delivers, transports, transmits, alters, disposes of or otherwise deals with, any property or proceeds of any property that was obtained as a result of criminal activity. This is done with the intent to conceal or convert illegal assets into legitimate funds."

That kinda sux.

However, I am determined to continue on with BitSwaps and hope to assist making bitcoins available to more people.

I must however affirm that myself nor BitSwaps has any intent to participate in illegal activities and we strictly adhere to the guidelines as set out by fintrac: http://www.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca/reporting-declaration/Info/rptEFT-eng.asp
that means keep a log! and give it to the right people when they ask Smiley
say bad guy stole 100btc.
he then exchange them for 1400 usd, on your exchange.
and transfered them out. if you have a log that can trace him and his funds, then you will be fine.

as long as you have the log about who he is, and how he did transfered his funds out, you will be safe.
there are some safe harboring laws, im not a master of Canadian law, but there always is.

indicasteve (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 10:35:32 AM

Hey Kokjo...  thanks for alerting me to the showstopper.  The demo order book emptied and the buy price went to 0 and my chart class took a crap and crashed the app.

I nerfed the charts for now and will fix the bug before the next round of trials...but I really hope the price of BTC wont hit 0!

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:36:11 AM

Thanks for your input guys.  Its late here so I will have to catch up and square up  in the morning.

Payment sent to johnthedog...thanks!  I was wondering if anyone would notice!  Yes, I haven't bothered at all to make the site SEO friendly yet.  No 'title' on my pages and no favorite.ico just testing the basics.

mizike29...send me an address for payment!  thanks!

Thanks Grin I think you should check for input values too. Managed to get :

Available USD   USD in Market   Pending Withdrawal   Total Equity   Extra   Extra2
114.55   -2.88657986403e-15   0.0   114.55   extra   extra2

in my account summary too. Ain't too good to prevent sql injection attacks and so lol Smiley
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:42:18 AM

1. empty all the orders
2. place 1 large order
3. buy that order!
4. ??:
You requested to Instant Buy 1.0 BTC.

Transaction - Instant Buy (+) BTC-CAD 1.0 BTC @ 1000000.0 CAD per BTC
Order Total:1000000.0

Your Instant Order was completely Filled!

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:47:51 AM

manged to pplace a infinite hige order. at BTC-CAD
ate   Offers to Sell
1000000.0   1.99966976
4e+60   1.00000000
inf   1.00000000

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 10:49:33 AM

my CAD balance is now NaN
and i can apparently place any order i want. Smiley i have infinite amounts of money at my disposal.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: