Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies - neither money or assets but worthless alphanumeric characters  (Read 480 times)
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:55:15 PM

It is a nice and practical article. But before discovering anything, it is important to have faith on it. Though cryptos are fully virtual and intangible, it might take time to be trusted. But I hope one day it will be accepted by mass people.
Why would people trust in alphanumeric characters? We trust people, not things. Things are valuated, not trusted. They are valued by their ability to provide benefit for the owner. How can you benefit from the alphanumeric characters like 0.0001 BTC or 1.5 LTC? They are neither passwords nor some secret code or text. They are not representative of legal claims like fiat currencies. They are not tangible. So how can you benefit from such items?

Everything you said is wrong on all levels. If tangibility and representation is the basis of trust, then I don't trust your thought process at all. I mean no offense, but here's how you posit your argument: an intangible alphanumeric character has no value at all. Therefore, such intangible values such as intelligence, emotional, and though processes have little or no value.

How ironic that the thing you consider as worthless is worth of thousands of dollars. Well, this Intangible alphanumeric character has more value than most of the tangible things you own!

Let me tell you why Cryptocurrency is something worth trusted now and in the future. Look around you. What do you see? lot's of computers and technology, right? The world is changing fast and we are gearing to a highly advanced digital era. Cryptos will just become a form of currency alongside with Fiat money, and all people, whether you like it or not, will adapt to the changes in our society.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: