Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:12:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit your job to promote bounty campaigns fulltime: unrealistic????  (Read 4546 times)
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:17:41 PM

Last night I had a discussion with a friend if it's possible to quit your job and make a fulltime living of promoting bounty campaigns.
My friend thought you need to promote a lot of bounties at the same time (100 per week), to compensate for the
uncertain number of bounties that will never to lead to any income (coin cannot get listed, withdrawal fees of exchange is too high, scam, etc.).

So the question is: do you agree with this statement?

It depends on how good your job is, and also bear in mind that being able to make money from crypto bounties may not last forever. For example if crypto continues to get more and more popular, this can mean more peole joining campaigns, which means a lower share of earnings per participant. Also more and more projects are requesting AML/KYC data, which depending on the person may not be something you're willing to accept. Plenty of people are happy to do KYC for a few carefully selected projects - but the idea of submitting this sort of documentation for hundreds of campaigns is a different matter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:29:13 PM

Last night I had a discussion with a friend if it's possible to quit your job and make a fulltime living of promoting bounty campaigns.
My friend thought you need to promote a lot of bounties at the same time (100 per week), to compensate for the
uncertain number of bounties that will never to lead to any income (coin cannot get listed, withdrawal fees of exchange is too high, scam, etc.).

I don't knew if i have to disagree or agree it is because I knew some of my friends did well and can provide their needs just by promoting bounties maybe if you are so good in choosing ICO then it will pay you a very excellent amount then maybe he is right but for me I would still like to have a stable job .
xKARELx

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:02:15 PM

depending on what kind of earnings you had at a permanent place of work .. this one can live if you have a pillow that you can rely on in case of failure
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:41:19 PM

First of all you shouldn't quit your job until you're really grounded in crypto and is ready to dance the tunes. And even if you're ready, that's not enough reason to quit your job. Stay in the job until you start being profitable in crypto.
Amajaa

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 10:45:43 PM

Not recommended it is totally not advisable to quit your job and focus on promoting bounties, this is not stable income no assurance of which bounties give you good profit.. That it insane to do that kind of thing... Just do this as partime or anytime you have sparetime.
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:55:13 PM

I dont agree with this idea. First, the bounty duties take your whole day, dont think it is easy. Second, nobody guarantees you an earning. Even if you join 100 bounties, nothing is certain. I have been reporting many bounties for 4 months but I only got 70$ until now. They dont give you a specific date for paying. Even if they pay, the token may not be traded, this means no earning.The factor of chance is important. If you risk, come and be a bounty hunter.
denulh

Activity: 300

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:57:28 PM

In my opinion, we should not give up our job to work full time for the bounty campaign. Although our work does not bring high income,but it gives us a stable and safe income. Bounty brings us high income, but it always has risks. Maybe that bounty is a scam, or they will pay late, etc. We have to work very hard and spend a lot of time making 100 bounties a week. So we should not give up our job to work full time with the bounty, we should only work part-time with the bounty.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:01:18 PM

Hey mate for me this is unrealistic and too risky. I do that on my spare time and it's so much better.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:01:43 PM

Yes, totally. The amount of money that you can earn from doing your job will not compensate by promoting bounties. Assuming that most of them will need at least 3 months before they pay their bounties, and some are scam, you will just loss more time in doing it. I suggest that you should do it or consider promoting bounties as a sideline.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
richaerich

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:05:20 PM

i don't agree with this statement, to become a bounty hunter, which is promoting bounty campaigns, it's still can be done even if you're working your main job, it's not about realistic or not, everything is possible in the crypto, but to quit your job is too risky
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:13:04 PM

Unrealistic? Not really! A lot of forum members have actually quit their jobs and are now full time bounty hunters. I guess they were just so tired with their old jobs that they had to get out. Going full time on bounties does give you focus since you have more time, but is it stable? I would say no. It's just too risky. And if you have nothing to back you up with your needs like a job or a business, then you're screwed! Yes, taking on those risks is the only way to earn in this venture. But it wouldn't hurt to be smart at the same time.

PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:32:03 PM

My friedn there is not only the bounty campaigns in the crypto world to live with but there are many other sources of income in there like to do any of your skill based service and you will earn much higher than your job. so it if happen then you can quit your job and come in crypto but not alone the bounty.
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:33:25 PM

It is wiser not to just focus with bounty hunting alone as your sole means of income because altcoin values are very unpredictable and there are also projects that does not give us good or huge rewards there are also some project that does not really pay and just turned into scam so I don't think anyone should just rely with bounty hunting. Try as well to find a stable sources that would give you passive income.
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 11:35:48 PM

Don't do that, you can do a full-time job and do part-time bounty, so you will have to stress-free time end of the month, as you don't have to worry about rent, bills, etc. Bounty alone can not make you money as 50% bounty hunter don't get paid after done all the work. It's kind of risky so do it after your job is a smart decision.

blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:37:28 PM

Yes , it is really possible, I'm also doing this and its quite tiring doing more than 100 bounties a week. And yes your friend is right because not all bounties paid on time. So you need to join many bounties to compensate other loss income.
Yes, Not all bounties pay the members. I also find some coins that are not listed in the market after that or low volume trading. It happens the ICO is unsucessful because the small number of participants. ICO with huge participants will get a lot of members who will increase trading volue. The coins with high trading volume is very valuable. ICO with low volume trading and listed in not popular exchanger is unsuccesful ICO.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:42:08 PM

Not an ideal living condition, but I'd rather just stick to one campaign and then do my morning to afternoon job. I just don't want to work at home that much because I don't want my home as a workplace. But I think a hundred campaign a week is too much even for one person.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Shikamaru

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:28:34 AM

I think it would not hurt if you really believed, but you also have to define the purpose clearly how much income you expect and the resources you have.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:43:26 AM

I think the opportunity to do bounties full-time will depend on the standard cost of living in the area you live.  For many in the Western world (Europe/North America), it would not be a conceivable achievement, simply because of the amount of money you need to sustain basic life costs.

However, for developing/low cost living areas of the world (Indian subcontinent/South east Asia/South America/Africa) I think it would be highly achievable, so long as you have access to stable internet and enough funds to cover your living costs through the first few months of doing bounties.
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:46:41 AM

I have also this idea because in current my job the salary is too small just about $200 amonth, and compared with reward from bounty program i can make twice or more than that. I have plan to full times in bounty program and invest in crypto also trading, this job look more promising than current my offline job. There are many others people doing that, and they can changed their life, so bounty campaign and crypto trading in my opinion is good job to change life for better.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
tannerchum

Activity: 350

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:51:30 AM

Yes , it is really possible, I'm also doing this and its quite tiring doing more than 100 bounties a week. And yes your friend is right because not all bounties paid on time. So you need to join many bounties to compensate other loss income.
That is true and it happens before and now. It is because they can see a brighter future in bitcoin than the other. Aside from that bitcoin has it's capabilities to let the person stand and grow through bounties. Their are many people who become rich and successful because of bitcoin. They raise their family and have a stable life style without a job but only focus in bitcoin.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: