Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:23:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MASTERCOIN VS BITCOIN - First Speculation thread ever  (Read 4799 times)
passo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:01:27 PM

when will the homepage work again?

I'm assuming you mean the distributed exchange. This is software you will have to download. I'm told it's ready for linux and macs late next week. Windows shortly after.

There is already a homepage up and running. mastercoin.org.

i mean mastercoin.org   I have tried to acces it for a week but i get "server not found" every time.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:21:00 PM

I'm assuming you mean the distributed exchange. This is software you will have to download. I'm told it's ready for linux and macs late next week. Windows shortly after.

i mean mastercoin.org   I have tried to acces it for a week but i get "server not found" every time.

working fine for me...
haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:30:57 PM

/\$MST(MASTERCOIN) v//^LOOKS GOOD! ~i'm loading the boat!  Grin

https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/62
msc_de

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:36:46 PM

How about Android? On the way available? Thx
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:04:20 PM

SInce bitcoin already has value, it does not seem very clear why there is a need for a whole new altcoin to serve as collateral. Is there some technical problem that made it impossible for bitcoin itself to be used as collateral?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:13:20 PM

This is not the real mastercoin, do not invest in this.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
marcelus

Activity: 297

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:17:43 PM

SInce bitcoin already has value, it does not seem very clear why there is a need for a whole new altcoin to serve as collateral. Is there some technical problem that made it impossible for bitcoin itself to be used as collateral?

-MarkM-

Bitcoin doesn't support the distributed exchange or smart property or betting or all the other cool things mastercoin allows.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:59:15 PM

-MarkM-

Bitcoin doesn't support the distributed exchange or smart property or betting or all the other cool things mastercoin allows.

But it does, the whole point of the mastercoin project is that such things can in fact be done using the bitcoin blockchain.

So far I have not come across any technical problem/glitch that necessitates a whole alternative currency to serve as collateral instead of bitcoins themselves serving as the collateral.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:04:38 PM

Derivatives are by definition derived from something. MSC's worth isn't derived from anything. Therefore it isn't a derivative, and since it doesn't have nearly the network advantage Bitcoin has, its just another crapcoin, only marginally more crappy than the others due to the fact that it also bloats the blockchain.

Not true, Mastercoins worth is derived from the bitcoin block chain and the features made on it through the protocol  Wink

What an idiotic thing to say.

MSFT is moved on NYX's exchange, that doesn't make MSFT a derivative of NYX.

Mastercoin is moved on Bitcoin's blockchain, that doesn't make Mastercoin a derivative of Bitcoin.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:07:51 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:25:54 PM by vokain

Derivatives are by definition derived from something. MSC's worth isn't derived from anything. Therefore it isn't a derivative, and since it doesn't have nearly the network advantage Bitcoin has, its just another crapcoin, only marginally more crappy than the others due to the fact that it also bloats the blockchain.

Not true, Mastercoins worth is derived from the bitcoin block chain and the features made on it through the protocol  Wink

What an idiotic thing to say.

MSFT is moved on NYX's exchange, that doesn't make MSFT a derivative of NYX.

Mastercoin is moved on Bitcoin's blockchain, that doesn't make Mastercoin a derivative of Bitcoin.

The two examples don't analogize. Mastercoin makes use of Bitcoin's allowed functionality to add functionality and value to Bitcoin, MSFT just exchanges shares through NYX.
haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:14:40 PM

This is not the real mastercoin, do not invest in this.
~ I know that's what i'm saying i've been talking to BitJohn and Vern in depth about this!

MSC ? is not listed on any exchange that i'm aware of!!!

Roll Eyes

~*~/\$MST-Mastercoin~*~the real one I've been buying up all I can, imo it's way undervalued!!! -vvv-(*link below*)-vvv-

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: