Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for buyers for my crypto currency startup.  (Read 136 times)
crypt0preneur (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:06:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

My partner and I have started a new startup related to cryptocurrency.

What we are proposing is

• A Fully working product written in Ruby/VueJS (running on testnets)
  • 100 000+ members
  • 7 000+ Twitter following
  • 13 000+ Telegram

Why are we selling? We don't have enough money to pay for proper marketing, getting the right names associated with it etc.

If you have connections and money this could be a gold mine.

I can provide full details via PM.

Don't contact me for less than 6 figures.

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PerfectClam

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:30:11 AM

Hello Everyone,

What we are proposing is

• 100 000+ members
  • 13 000+ Telegram

Why are we selling? We don't have enough money to pay for proper marketing, getting the right names associated with it etc.

Cheers

I don't think anyone will consider your proposal unless you provide much more detail on what it does. I work for company that can shit out 6-7 figures without blinking an eye, but you really have to have something unique. There is no point to hide what you selling, because it's obvious you don't know the right people to do it without going public with your offer.
Slava79

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:52:52 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 06:16:22 PM by Slava79

Hello Everyone,

What we are proposing is

• 100 000+ members
  • 13 000+ Telegram

Cheers

Sorry my inner "Hercule Poirot", but when I see such a mysterious puzzle I can't just resist and try to guess:

As you mentioned "testnet" term, I assume this is not based on the existing platform, but rather has it's own blockchain.
As you mentioned Ruby I assume it is not Proof of Work based.
As there is no widely known  PoS cryptocurrency written in Ruby but it has a testnet, it could be a distributed crypto exchange.

Is it, is it?

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
crypt0preneur (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:08:36 PM

Hello Everyone,

What we are proposing is

• 100 000+ members
  • 13 000+ Telegram

Cheers

Sorry my inner "Hercule Poirot", but when I see such a mysterious puzzle I can't just resist and try to guess:

As you mentioned "testnet" term, I assume this is not based on the existing platform, but rather has own blockchain.
As you mention Ruby I assume it is not Proof of Work based.
As there is no widely known  PoS cryptocurrency written in Ruby but it has a testnet, it could be a distributed crypto exchange.

Is it, is it?

You're both close and not Smiley
Sophialovebernie

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 03:57:24 AM

very want to know the project details Smiley
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

Hello Everyone,

What we are proposing is

• 100 000+ members
  • 13 000+ Telegram

Cheers

Based on what is written here, it might be difficult trying to get someone to commit that amount of money on a project that is on Testnet which means there is room for bugs to be found and when you sell to an average businessman with little or no technical know how, that would amount to extra cost in getting the right individual with the technical expertise to work on it which we both know might not be that easy considering the uniqueness every developer add to every of their designs.

My suggestion rather than selling outrightly, why not ask for funding via seed funding or venture capitalist with that you retain your position as the technical officer, ready to provide the support as you have the right amount of knowledge and you equally get to be a sharer of the long time gold mine of this project as you have believed in it. But be ready to part with some amount of percentage in terms of profit.
PerfectClam

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:26:54 AM

Hello Everyone,

What we are proposing is

• 100 000+ members
  • 13 000+ Telegram

Cheers

Based on what is written here, it might be difficult trying to get someone to commit that amount of money on a project that is on Testnet which means there is room for bugs to be found and when you sell to an average businessman with little or no technical know how, that would amount to extra cost in getting the right individual with the technical expertise to work on it which we both know might not be that easy considering the uniqueness every developer add to every of their designs.

My suggestion rather than selling outrightly, why not ask for funding via seed funding or venture capitalist with that you retain your position as the technical officer, ready to provide the support as you have the right amount of knowledge and you equally get to be a sharer of the long time gold mine of this project as you have believed in it. But be ready to part with some amount of percentage in terms of profit.

I can tell you what it is outright.

Ruby is known easy-to learn but powerful backend language. Vue is known easy-to learn but promising front-end JS framework. This tells us this is web service with some logic. Since you seeing this message here you can guess it is something to do with blockchains. Since blockchains are not very often implemented in Ruby, I would assume ruby is queuing Bitcoin core/geth to receive/log/process transactions. Add user database (my wild guess would be they used Postgress) and viola - you got yourself an amateur synchronous exchange that can serve 10-15 users before it halts under excessive load. It is possible to made industry grade service using ruby (bitfinex use Ruby after all) but the fact OP mentions his parthner strongly hints that this project was done by only two people in their spare time and creating something robust and capable in handling real life loads requires much more effort and dedication. Another problem for this is marketing since competing with giants require truckload of funds.

Buying this for even 1$ will require you to invest another 2000$-3000$ monthly at best and the risk you will eventually learn code's architecture is flawed at it's core is high, so just assessing it's code will cost you 6000$-10000$ in professional code review costs.

Now why I think those two are amateurs?
In civilized world, when team of devs selling something like that they invest SHITLOADS of effort to describe every little detail about their product and trying their best to prove potential buyers their code is not a shitcode. They don't play hide and seek, they simply post their project on github and let anyone to assert their work, because frankly speaking nobody really want to steal more or less complicated project.

And in ideal world after deal is done they don't jsut walk away - they sign investment contract and keep working, leaving management part to the grown ups.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: