Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Only a mature and regulated crypto market will attract big investors.  (Read 988 times)
Bardman (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:15:13 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/2018-mature-crypto-market-will-draw-more-investment-see-less-volatility-analyst-says

Obviously as an investor you understand there are risks but out of all the exchanges out there, i can think of 2-3 that I would personally trust with my money and in my case we are only talking about thousands, imagine a big player with millions using etherdelta or some other retarded exchange, no way that will ever happen. Even big exchanges like bittrex, not long ago, they fucked up and made everyone wait months and months to get your account enabled or verified. Why would any big player invest in crypto when the risk is so huge, there is literally zero safety, any exchange can run away with your money and you can barely do anything.

Why would we want big investors? Like really... More whales coming in? How's that a positive thing?
We're now talking about how cryptocurrencies would only be useful for speculative purposes as opposed to monetary usage, which is what Cryptocurrencies were invented for, after all.

Of course, a mature and regulated Crypto-market, especially with less volatility, would have a very positive influence on mass-adoption, since people wouldn't be scared to lose 50% of their money overnight all of a sudden... But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the speculative results.

And the speculative results would be negative. If you want low volatility, just go to the stock market. Cryptocurrencies are a more risky, more rewarding and more exciting alternative to the regular stock market. From a trader's point of view, we shouldn't want to change that, should we?

It wasn't whales that pushed the price to 20k, it was dumb people coming to bitcoin and buying at whatever price because of FOMO. Big investors know how to mange their stocks, they won't enter retarded positions and they won't sell to crash the market on purpose, I'd rather have serious investors than kids and people wanting to get rich quick, they are the ones that also pushed the price down, panicking at every dip.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:59:54 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/2018-mature-crypto-market-will-draw-more-investment-see-less-volatility-analyst-says

Obviously as an investor you understand there are risks but out of all the exchanges out there, i can think of 2-3 that I would personally trust with my money and in my case we are only talking about thousands, imagine a big player with millions using etherdelta or some other retarded exchange, no way that will ever happen. Even big exchanges like bittrex, not long ago, they fucked up and made everyone wait months and months to get your account enabled or verified. Why would any big player invest in crypto when the risk is so huge, there is literally zero safety, any exchange can run away with your money and you can barely do anything.
I think the only kind of exchanger that will run away with your money are those that are… well, you already know scams when you see them. I don’t believe that well know exchangers with a good reputation online will do such. I don’t know why bitter has been acting that way recently, I’m just guessing that maybe they have a lot of investors, maybe that’s the reason they have not been able to carry out and maintain their platform the way they should.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:24:47 AM

But we no need to keep our funds in the exchanges,so our funds will be safe forever in our wallets.I think already there are lots of millionaires involved in cryotocurrency investment but they never reveal their identify because the main advantage of cryotocurrency is anonymity so they can be anonymous and make money.
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:33:20 AM

This are true identity of Exchange to even the most truthful exchange is not safe to entrust your money with them but than investors are risk takers,if the time and unforseen occurrence be fall during investment with any exchange we take it in good faith and move ahead,life itself is a jungle.But the wise act is to keep investment safe out of exchange.
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:39:15 AM

It is only a matter of time before cryptocurrency and blockchain technology become mainstream. Hundreds of billions of dollars poured into the local economy. The investment in cryptocurrency is borderless, and the standard encryption market will attract investors from all over the world.

Its just waiting when big investor realizing their investment on cryptomarket. If that really happen, billions dollar will entering market and will boost market cap and maybe can reach highest market cap before.
if that happens then more and more people join cryptocurrency, with increasingly large capital it will increase cryptos price, so it can be like last year, many people were amazed by btc price, so many of them are joining. besides that with regulation of the government think will increase new investors trust

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
om_iyo

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:41:52 AM

"Regulators are not banning the development of cryptocurrencies, but are trying to better...". Yea, I agree for this sentence. It useful to make it beter and better. So we can still use, invest, and trade it. It could push the scammers, so investor feel more safe to change their money into this asset.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:48:32 AM

Regulators did not prohibit development of encryption currency, but rather try to better regulate the market, which should help the maturity of the industry, if the regulatory position becomes clearer, large funds will be more at ease, and willing to invest a lot of money.
Bardman (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:09:16 PM

I think the only kind of exchanger that will run away with your money are those that are… well, you already know scams when you see them. I don’t believe that well know exchangers with a good reputation online will do such. I don’t know why bitter has been acting that way recently, I’m just guessing that maybe they have a lot of investors, maybe that’s the reason they have not been able to carry out and maintain their platform the way they should.

Was Mt.gox a scam when you saw it? Plenty of other big exchanges got either ''hacked'' or stole users money, you are not safe at all. Mt.gox was literally the biggest and most trusted exchange and still fucked everyone. You are naive to think that big exchanges won't scam or get hacked. The issue is that when they do, there is no safety plan for you, your insurance wont pay for it, they wont pay for it, no one will and you are going to be screwed.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:51:22 PM

Most times I just think of buying coins that have their sperate wallets so that I can just transfer direct to the wallet to avoid leaving my coins to an exchange. In fact,  if an exchange folds up and can no longer get into operations, the investor's money is gone and he can't be indemnified because of lack of regulation.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

Yes, regulation means that there is more room for control for the government, and more interest from big investors.

But it's not needed. Even if there aren't institutional investors from traditional investment banks or whatnot investing in crypto, there is no problem.

Whatever they want to do is out of our reach. They could invest in the current crypto market, even without sufficient regulation. But the thing is, neither big investors nor regulation from the government is needed for bitcoin or other crypto to succeed. Big investors are most likely not going to invest directly into cryptocurrencies anyways. Instead, they may invest in crypto Fintech startups as angel investors, etc.
Even if they even want to do, it does not necessarily have to be via exchanges, and they can easily just do that over the counter. However, I am not very sure how the bigger players or institutional investors operate but I assume any sane one who really wants to invest or believe in the idea of cryptocurrency will not be leaving their assets on an exchange.

Regulation however, I believe will usher in a new era for the market as we start to start seeing things being done differently even across exchanges and that would obviously make a lot of things change as we see the bigger players having some level of confidence in entering the market.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
sharnel18

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

Since bitcoin is on the market it has a big impact that has been so significant to all investors but not easily attract to invest in cryptocurrency because there are risk but some other investors are beat the risk with their luck in just a blink they will get the awesome value of their benefits.
godzillarekt007

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

Floki Robot

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:51:29 PM

Well there are big players in the market, they just probably don't use exchanges. Instead they probably facilitate offline trades OTC instead of using crappy exchanges. Not until the exchanges are smooth and regulated do I think we will get the big players. I don't want regulation but if that is what it takes for tons of money to pour in then I am 100% for regulation.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:09:24 PM

Maybe theres big investors that might have second thought about investing when this issue is concerned ,its really not easy to entrust our money in exchanges that can just run away taking our money and we can do nothing,but this is not happening only in crypto,this can happen in real life,and even banks can do this so theres really no safe place for our money if we wanted to gain from invesing.so better take a risk of gain nothing at all
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:19:10 PM

Why would we want big investors? Like really... More whales coming in? How's that a positive thing?
We're now talking about how cryptocurrencies would only be useful for speculative purposes as opposed to monetary usage, which is what Cryptocurrencies were invented for, after all.

Of course, a mature and regulated Crypto-market, especially with less volatility, would have a very positive influence on mass-adoption, since people wouldn't be scared to lose 50% of their money overnight all of a sudden... But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the speculative results.

And the speculative results would be negative. If you want low volatility, just go to the stock market. Cryptocurrencies are a more risky, more rewarding and more exciting alternative to the regular stock market. From a trader's point of view, we shouldn't want to change that, should we?

It wasn't whales that pushed the price to 20k, it was dumb people coming to bitcoin and buying at whatever price because of FOMO. Big investors know how to mange their stocks, they won't enter retarded positions and they won't sell to crash the market on purpose, I'd rather have serious investors than kids and people wanting to get rich quick, they are the ones that also pushed the price down, panicking at every dip.
It was also those same dumb people who pushed bitcoin's price down the gutter when they realized they already made a fortune from their initial investments. Now, they are blaming whales for the manipulation of market's price, though they have a factor in some way or another, but what they don't realize is that they also contributed a huge percentage in the downfall in the market.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:59:06 PM

That is true, big players and institutional investors won't get in without some guarantees a.k.a. regulations.
Bardman (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:28:48 PM

It was also those same dumb people who pushed bitcoin's price down the gutter when they realized they already made a fortune from their initial investments. Now, they are blaming whales for the manipulation of market's price, though they have a factor in some way or another, but what they don't realize is that they also contributed a huge percentage in the downfall in the market.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, the only reason we had such a big pump and such a big dump was because of dumb money. Big investors and experienced investors wont push the price up like idiots and wont panic either, that's the growth bitcoin needs.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:20:35 PM

I understand that statement and it's true, all of the investors need a secure investment where they can control their funds and scammer can't bother them, for now the crypto world is like wild wild west, if you got scammed there's  no way you can track and get your money back, if there are regulation that can prevent that to happened then crypto will gained more trust and more trust will equal to more investors investing their fund
Insecure , yeah that's the biggest problem . But you know that when it comes to storing huge amount of money online you would always faced by this kind issue.
So doesn't really matter if you aware about the money amount that you can afford to lose , you would start investing in crypto. Then the real problem are in you. Big money come when people interested to help the project develop, that's what supposed to become a reason.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2413

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:29:31 PM

I agree most were dumb people but they weren't dumb because they were buying bitcoins. Most of them were buying crypto with credit cards. They didn't want to risk their own money. Instead, they wanted to risk the bank's money which was one big ass mistake. Much dumber than risking your own money.

I bought some at $15.8k but I don't care. It was my money and I gladly spent it on btc. Now I'm hodling like a boss without any worries instead of getting fucked by the banks.  Cool

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:31:19 PM

you don't understand TRUSTLESS? look it up... satoshi spoke about it... it's a great concept.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:33:44 PM

Well that is obvious, the only thing that is holding cryptocuurency market from evolving and attracting bigger investors is its nature, see cryptocuurency is unstable because it is not regulated, and not being regulated decentralized and uncontrollable is what makes it so unique and popular, if cryptocurrency was or gets regulated it will be as good as investing in real currencies like usd or euro and it wouldn't be as profitable as it is right now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: