Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:31:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: do you think pool hopping is ethical?
YES - 39 (66.1%)
NO - 20 (33.9%)
Total Voters: 59

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seriously. its closed. move on.  (Read 14362 times)
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 02:28:05 PM

what is the formula your using to calculate payments?

As I understand it they are currently using proportional, but the admin has said he is looking into changing to a non pool hopper friendly method...

here is why I question the calculation:

total Shares this round:930515
my shares    jjiimm_64     88750
my Estimated Reward this Round: 1.87 BTC

I have contributed about 9.5% of the 930515 (88750/930515)
9.5% of 50 BTC is 4.768  btc.

Can someone please explain this to me?  Am I smokin the good stuff?

Sure would be nice to get an official answer on the payment question.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:30:00 PM

Is the website down?
I managed to log ion and then it got really slow. Now I can not get past the front page to see whats up with the stats.
Hopefully you can fix it soon.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 10:35:43 PM

Hi

I understand your frustrations. please read my posts in the above thread - we are creating a new statistical system - the current one that comes with mining farm (open source front end to push pool) is not well designed to take stats for a pool with our speed or higher. Thats why we are not only redesigning and recoding everything but we are also moving the server to a dedicated 100 mbit redundant fiber optic line on Monday.

so keep your miners mining - daily reward payments will continue to be paid!

come monday we will have a fully functional kick ass front end and 100 mbit line!

dont give up union b rothers!
epg

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 01:53:13 PM

@BitMinersUnion.org: Were the previous daily rewards given out? I only got the daily reward for August 2, but nothing since then. (I can send you an email about it if that would be easier)
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 06:31:05 PM

Just want to let everyone know we are currently at DEF CON !!! we will be back on Sunday and Monday we are going to have a 2-3 hour scheduled down time to move the pool to a DEDICATED 100 MBS FIBEROPTIC LINE!

With our powerhouse server super broad band connection and custom coded pushpool front end
we are going to have a huge week this week, and I am sure that we will have our first block this week as well.

If you are overdue daily rewards hold tight. We are going to be processing all daily reward back payments on Monday.
Monday I will be going through the database and seeing who has thactually been submitting shares all this time and who isnt
then I will pay you all accordingly

so please keep mining - on monday everything will be back up and operational as it is supposed to be
your going to love the new front end statistics that YOU the Union Miners Requested - and your going to love the ease speed and stability of our new server location

including redundant battery backups, diesel power generator and fiber optic 100 mb uplink!!!

Keep up the good work my union brothers!
Jine

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 07:11:56 PM

Just want to let everyone know we are currently at DEF CON !!! we will be back on Sunday and Monday we are going to have a 2-3 hour scheduled down time to move the pool to a DEDICATED 100 MBS FIBEROPTIC LINE!

With our powerhouse server super broad band connection and custom coded pushpool front end
we are going to have a huge week this week, and I am sure that we will have our first block this week as well.

"Powerhouse server super broad band connection" <3

Gratz to the upgrades, but what you're talking about is regular low/medium-range hosting.. Smiley
Still better then nothing tho!  Smiley

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 08:17:39 PM

no actually your incorrect my friend

there is no "hosting" involved here what so ever.

Currently I have the physical server in my office, it is a IBM eServer x366 3u rackmount w/ four (4) Dual Core XEON MP 3.66 GHZ Processors
the server is owned by me and is completely dedicated  to the operations of the pool

I have a 15 mbps down / 2 mbps up
internet connection in my office

my co admin has the dedicated 100 mb fiberoptic line in his office for his private use only
it is not with a hosting company and it is not shared with anything else

We do not and will not deal with any kind of colocation or hosting company

and thats one of the things that makes us different. we dont use virtual servers or anything even remotely like that

this is all privately owned hardware and bandwidth owned by us and for our exclusive use.

and I dont mean to be rude but you wont see ME, advertising my pool in your thread while trying to lie about your pool at the same time like you just did to me. It may have been subtle but i see what your doing my friend Smiley

froggy

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 11:42:36 PM

Well said, BitMinersUnion.org.  I hope you reported him as I'm absolutely tired of seeing this guy trolling other pools' threads.  Good luck to your pool.
djex

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 12:35:43 AM

2 mbps up

Well that explains why the site takes ages to load at the moment.  Undecided That fiber line will do wonders though. Nice.

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 04:31:35 PM

at this time the webpage loads very slow...
(it takes 20 - 40 sec. to load)
and often there is a problem with the API so my miner disconnects and goes to another pool...
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 05:36:52 PM

unless you can start accepting work on port 80, i gotta jump ship.... i had to move my miners into the office to cut back on my electric bill and i can only mine through port 80.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 07:07:41 PM

You guys really need to fix your web page and remove all unnecessary "dynamic" crap, that obviously chokes your SQL/web page.
(Is your web server even configured correctly to handle little traffic?)

1) login - only thing that actually works at OK speed if the pages shows up. (but login expires to fast and is a major annoyance for a slow site)
2) statistics page  - generate it once every 3 sec and serve it as a static HTML (forget SQL cache and what not. Looks like it is not used properly)
3) JSON stats work OK, thank you. Please make stats  are up to date or you will lose your credibility really fast.
4)  remove everything "dynamic" that adds no actual value to miners. Small, clean, fast and informative = good web page.
5) ...

Smiley

Cheers.

PS! WTF is -0.43 BTC  balance?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 08:56:44 PM

I hope the mining server is reachable because the HP is'nt...
-------------------------------
Fehler: Verbindung unterbrochen       
          Die Verbindung zum Server wurde zurückgesetzt, während die Seite geladen wurde.
-------------------------------
and I'm sending all of my hashes to it... Angry
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 09:54:31 PM

Hello Union Members and Friends

Obviously some of you have not been following the thread and are just getting here and wondering - hey wtf is going on?
(which is fine)

So I will re-iterate my earlier posts to you. Smiley

First Let me State some facts to clear up any mis conceptions.

We do not use any kind of hosting companies or virtual servers.
We do not share or lease resources from anyone.

Our Entire operation (pushpoold, bitcoind, mysql, and web front end) are sitting on a Dedicated
3U Rackmount IBM eServer which is powered by (4) XEON MP Dual Core 3.66 Ghz CPU's
This server could handle 10000 G/hash if need be. Maybe more. The server is privately owned by me and sits in my office on a 15mbps Down / 2mbps UP connection.

When we first started the pool we decided to go with Mining Farm - which is an open source pushpoold front end designed by Xenland.

Within three days of launching our pool our speed grew more than 10 times!
From 2.5 G/hash to 30 G/hash and we quickly learned that although the server had a VERY low load and was working just fine that Mining Farm was NOT properly designed to handle speeds over even a couple G/hash. Unfortunately Mining Farm's handling of MYSQL queries is very inefficient, so we quickly decided this would not work for us.

We also had many requests from our miners for better stats and interface so what we decided to do is code a completely new statistical front end as well as a new GUI for our miners - implementing the great input and ideas you have all given us.

We also realized we were going to need more bandwidth and we planned for this. I have a business class broadband cable connection and my ISP allows me to scale it up as needed. However after deliberating on that notion my co-admin volunteered his PERSONAL 100 MB Redundant Fiber-optic link! Our server will be the sole dedicated user of this bandwidth and its entirety will be at the pools disposal!

We have a scheduled 2-3 hour downtime on Monday to migrate the server to my co admins office. At that time we will take the newly coded statistical system and freshly designed website out of the testing server and bring it online. IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

The statistics you see are from the old system and are not entirely reliable. However that is just the Mining Farm front end screwing up. All your shares, hashes and rewards are being properly calculated by pushpoold / bitcoind and properly stored in the DB. You have nothing to worry about and you will see all of this on monday when our fresh front end comes online.

PROMOTIONS!

DAILY REWARD PAYMENTS! This is an exciting incentive to mine with us and don't worry on monday when the new server comes online I will be going through the database and looking and shares and who has been hashing and who has not. YOU WILL RECEIVE ALL OF YOUR DAILY REWARD PAYMENTS ON MONDAY! Which is .1 BTC per G/hash per 24 hours + .05 BTC BONUS for mining with us while our stats are screwed up. For Slower miners (100 m/hash - 999 m/hash) Your Daily Rewards are a little lower .05 daily and .025 bonus. I have already paid out several bitcoins in bonuses and I would love to continue to be able to do that so come on and mine with your union brothers!

WIN A BRAND NEW XFX 5770 !
When our first block is solved (which should be this week after we get the new front end and statistics up I KNOW our growth and speed is going to start multiplying again!) we will have a raffle amongst the miners who were mining when it was solved - the card is sitting on my self right now and I cant wait to ship it out!

FIRST BLOCK BONUS!
The lucky miner who finds that first block for us will receive +1 BTC PER G/HASH on top of your regular daily reward AND your regular round reward from the pool

PLUS A REVOLUTIONARY NEW PAYOUT METHOD THAT NO ONE ELSE OFFERS!
(i will announce that this week when we launch it)

Lots of exciting things going on - This Pool truly is the pool FOR miners and BY miners. There are benefits to being in any union and the Bit Miners Union is no different! So keep on hashing this is OUR POOL not my pool and I can't wait to show you the new features on Monday!
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 03:48:06 AM

Could you add the option to allow port 80 in the near future? I'd love to continue mining here.

I know there are huge plans for the pool in the next few days, can't wait!

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 05:16:00 PM

I'll join your pool when you get your stats working (only then) and if I am still experimenting with mining.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2011, 08:11:56 PM

Hello Friends

I am going to be doing our planned down time a little early.

Some very lame and pathetic person is insisting on doing a DDOS attack on our server.

So we are just going to take the pool down today (right now) and it will be back up tomorrow on our brand spanking new dedicated fiber optic 100 mbit connection.

You will also have working improved statistical system, new front end and attractive web site interface - along with all the features I talked about in my previous post.

So stay tuned! and I will let you know when we are back up (about 24 hours from now)

Our new server location has the cisco hardware necessary to block DDOS at the hardware level. So do not worry about it - DDOS is a thing of the past at The Bit Miners Union.

Until then my brothers!
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 11:28:51 AM

Hello Friends

I am going to be doing our planned down time a little early.

Some very lame and pathetic person is insisting on doing a DDOS attack on our server.

So we are just going to take the pool down today (right now) and it will be back up tomorrow on our brand spanking new dedicated fiber optic 100 mbit connection.

You will also have working improved statistical system, new front end and attractive web site interface - along with all the features I talked about in my previous post.

So stay tuned! and I will let you know when we are back up (about 24 hours from now)

Our new server location has the cisco hardware necessary to block DDOS at the hardware level. So do not worry about it - DDOS is a thing of the past at The Bit Miners Union.

Until then my brothers!

So, what happened? Your page is still down. To be sure, I used http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.bitminersunion.org -> It's not just you! http://www.bitminersunion.org looks down from here.

Was the fiber rusty and overpriced Cisco hardware started to spew chunks?

jpinconline

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:54:07 PM

I havent been able to mine with you for at least 24hrs. none of my settings changed in guiminer and it keeps failing over to my backup currently on try 1448 whats up
 Huh
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 04:09:53 PM

Dear Union Members and Friends,

Sorry we haven't been keeping you updated - We have been working like crazy to manage getting the new site up along with balancing our personal lives (yes we have personal lives) Smiley.

The DDOS attack that we were receiving before made us think a lot about security - our statistical system and front end are brand new. My co-admin programmed the stats himself so we are doing thorough tests on the server and all its operations before we make a public launch.

We decided it would be better to test this on testnet and mine a couple of test blocks and test out our security and everything FIRST. We do not want to have to take this down again or have any problems once we officially launch.

Our miners are our first priority and we know how important stability and security is to you. Because we are miners too and we know that a pool that is down all the time is not just frustrating - its useless. We are currently fine tuning our new system and will be testing it on testnet before we open our doors to the public again.

We appreciate your loyalty and patience... Our mining operations and all of our great promotions including the daily reward payments will resume at:

UTC   Friday, August 12, 2011 at 16:00:00  UTC
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: