Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4067 times)
greeklogos (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:41:28 AM
Merited by Taki (1)

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnusualMouse

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:45:34 AM

I think people have been dormant this past few months ever since the start of the bear market, I guess the sudden decrease of popularity is because people are now more aware about BTC and cryptocurrency and they have settled in waiting for the right time of BTC to shine again.
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:57:28 AM

i think it's better cut loss and wait for price below again then we buy back, so there will be transaction in btc, and i think the price will not be this bad. if many people only hold btc so  market circulation will decrease

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:07:18 PM

its depends on your style.. if youre an investor your strategy really is HODL for long term but if youre a trader ofcourse youll trade when you already have profit and just buy again at dip
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:19:38 PM

No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
Just because the popularity of the word bitcoin, cryptocurrency and hodl decreases on google stats doesn't mean that people have also sold them, the hodl strategy is still done by many IMO. It might have been that they have found a better place to search for facts crypto related, which is this forum. They also might have had started to hodl, not searching anything about crypto, bitcoin and the word hold.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:21:07 PM

its depends on your style.. if youre an investor your strategy really is HODL for long term but if youre a trader ofcourse youll trade when you already have profit and just buy again at dip

This. For some people who arn't good at trading, holding is the best strategy. They lose money trading (not least on trading fees which add up over time).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Jlimao28

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:37:47 PM

This. For some people who arn't good at trading, holding is the best strategy. They lose money trading (not least on trading fees which add up over time).
Holding is a basic principle in order not to lose much of profits. Definitely, if you are not good at trading, you will just hold you coin and wait till the time for a bull market.
For the OP, They just said that bitcoin's popularity lessen time by time because a lot of people knew it already. In fact, those the people who had up in the statistics are those who are not aware in technology.
hao2067755834

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:45:34 PM

In this game, the people who earn is a minority, many people in the digital encryption money market did not earn money, some people are still losing money! So most people choose hodl!

They have no choice but HODL!

▃▃▃▃▃  U N I B R I G H T  ▃▃▃▃▃
⟪ Blockchain-Based Business Integration ⟫
visit: https://unibright.io/
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:52:20 PM

Well you know this strategy is not for the users who are new in this also for the ones who brought high in December due to this they completely lost the faith in bitcoins and.. offcourse the old ones like us will hold because we know the regular trend of bitcoins and I hope the newcomers follow this .. it's not gonna last long holding will make it extremely strong and.. in the future it will repay you.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:33:58 PM

I guess this is the article you read, Reddit data reveals weird correlation between cryptocurrency volatility and HODLing,

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/04/09/reddit-cryptocurrency-bitcoin-hodl-stats

Conclusions:

1. HODL meme spiked in popularity in December and January.

2.  Market volatility increases the number of HODL comments. Both the days with the biggest market losses, along with the days with the biggest market gains saw a higher number of HODL comments on average and not surprisingly HODL on losses greater than HODL on gains.

3. After February, the number of HODL comments has significantly diminished despite sustained market volatility.

Although the market has been fluctuating, the price movement is somewhat restricted. We are in a bear market, less action, fewer posts, less activity on Reddit, less number of HODL. The HODL guys are taking a break and waiting for the next Bull Run.

https://hackernoon.com/analyzing-every-reddit-comment-mentioning-hodl-since-2017-part-one-d536eb8364ad
The Count of MonteCryptos

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:37:06 PM

It may not be actual, but if we sell now the losses become final. I think we can reasonably hope for a next rise.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:40:51 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Honestly, who cares if those words (Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, and hodl) are not being used by people like they was before? It doesn't show that people are losing their interest on hodling Bitcoin or investing in cryptocurrencies, do we need to say those words every day to prove that popularity of Bitcoin is not falling? If people doesn't believe in Bitcoin anymore the price should be dropping below to $1000 right now but that is not happening, there may be a lot of people that sold their Bitcoin on this bear market but there are still more people that believes that it can still grow.
ICO BLOG
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:41:28 PM

Pity to those who lost faith
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:42:29 PM

Today's story altcoin to earn profits is not possible, the market is increasingly difficult crypto, not only rely on luck and time. I think we must have experience, strategy or new income in the Crypto market. Hold now does not say anything.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
The Lone Predator

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:43:45 PM

Nobody knows what the future holds, less than ever that of crytpo. However, after the blaze of December, a settlement is inevitable (and bitcoin is still 700% higher than a year ago.) So, all to see.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:45:41 PM

I sold a little bit of Bitcoin at 11K before the final drop to its current level, but now I am just mining and building out my crypto foundation for the next rise.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:46:35 PM

Interesting observation. I have heard some of ideas in few latest threads on the forum, like better to sell now to have at least something than wait forever or to loose even more. But I think it is just panic, people used to live a whole year with super fast bitcoin's growth and this few months of dump seems too disappointed for whole crypto holdings.
Just because the popularity of the word bitcoin, cryptocurrency and hodl decreases on google stats doesn't mean that people have also sold them, the hodl strategy is still done by many IMO.
Probably it is really like that. We do not need to trust to whatever Google says  Smiley
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:56:11 PM

You might be waiting for a long time though. The $20k ath last December was really inexplicable and you need for some manipulation for that to happen again this year. But still HODL, BTC has proven that despite the wild ride it definitely beats inflation. Besides no good for selling it cheaper than you bought it.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:06:46 PM

That doesn't make sense at all. I mean just a google search over the term HODL is not enough data. It cant give us clear picture on whats going on internally and do you know many of the people do call it as HOLD instead of the HODL word. So we could loose up some % over there too.  Tongue
I mean I am not sure whether this is really extensive study or not but we surely cant predict crypto hodler % with that search result. Bet me on that. We need proper survey and based on what we can make some assumptions and do the average numbering of how many of them think the same. As matter of fact obviously HODL is best way of making money and in current situation it is the best of best.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:20:49 PM

Indeed, for someone who doesn't know the science of trading then it's advisable to HODL, but for a trader he will choose trading to gain profit. And they have all considered, including the fee incurred. For those who lost money because of trading he most likely didn't have much knowledge about trading.

Everyone has a way to earn money, moreover in cryptocurrency especially in bitcoin who have volatile prices. Opportunity will always exist if the price will keep moving and the trader will always use it. Sorry I'm a trader, and being a trader risk-taking is his job. You must try to become a trader, and you will feel it.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
  Print  

Jump to: