Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to pitch blockchain to bankers?  (Read 116 times)
Slava79 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:37:26 PM

Hello everyone

I will meet a group of bankers next week and they want to know what is it possible to do with it, in financial area.
If done right, it could open doors to something, potentially...

I tried to gather all the possible real world use cases of blockchain in finances (also which are suitable for a short discussion):

1. Regulatory Compliance & Audit. So that banks have their customers interactions, important documents and events written in public ledger.
2. Know Your Customer (“KYC”) requests, when banks share actual and not forgeable information about customers writhing and outside the corporative blockchain.
3. Trading platforms, bank auctions.
4. Identity management?

Could someone point to resource where to look for some real world examples on smart contracts/blockchain applications in banking?

Thanks in advance.

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PerfectClam

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

Hello everyone

I will meet a group of bankers next week and they want to know what is it possible to do with it, in financial area.
If done right, it could open doors to something, potentially...

I tried to gather all the possible real world use cases of blockchain in finances (also which are suitable for a short discussion):

1. Regulatory Compliance & Audit. So that banks have their customers interactions, important documents and events written in public ledger.
2. Know Your Customer (“KYC”) requests, when banks share actual and not forgeable information about customers writhing and outside the corporative blockchain.
3. Trading platforms, bank auctions.
4. Identity management?

Could someone point to resource where to look for some real world examples on smart contracts/blockchain applications in banking?

Thanks in advance.

If your presentation is aimed to demonsrate real world use cases - you are probably screwed. The reality is pretty harsh. There is NOTHING you can offer to the bankers because the only working use-case is money that don't require banks.  There are no problem in banking that block chain can solve without also removing banks from their core business.

However if your speech is onto tech - there are lots and lots of positive things you can speak about. First time in history Bitcoin allows real transfer if digital value, not merely copying it. That's alot!
Slava79 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:28:50 AM

However if your speech is onto tech - there are lots and lots of positive things you can speak about. First time in history Bitcoin allows real transfer if digital value, not merely copying it. That's alot!

Thank you for your answer, but I expect it to be a difficult day if I pitch bankers that people don't really need them anymore, because blockchain...

Building a JavaScript Smart Contracts Engine
Github | Site | Chat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: