Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Day!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6738 times)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:53:55 PM

Over 1,000 People Invited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep inviting EVERYONE Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 06:55:31 PM

Interesting, keep inviting people.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:00:06 PM

Updated (please suggest more things for me to add)

Bitcoin day is a day for global Bitcoin activity. Every year we will try to make new global records for Bitcoin activity (which will translate to record price surges).

The way this will be accomplished is:

1. Post on Facebook, just say something about Bitcoin or share a link.

2. Spend $10 on Vista print making business cards for something you can do to earn Bitcoins (or just telling people to go to Bitcointalk.org) or go to the library and spend 10 cents a copy making flyers. (or use your at home printer if you have one)

3. Create a local Bitcoin event for Facebook that happens at the same time and place as another event. Ex: Invite everyone to a school game, or a charity run and tie in Bitcoins. Don't try to take over the event, just recognize that people will be there and invite bitcoiners to join the celebration while using it as a safe haven for trade (instead of one on one meetings) If it is a charity you can even offer to share some of the profit from sales.

4. If you feel like you aren't capable of any of this (and I promise you are) then just go online to your favorite forum and create a thread about Bitcoin. Or go to Bitcointalk.org and join in some discussion.

5. Make a youtube video just talking about a place you spent Bitcoins or a place you would like to see accept Bitcoins. Or even record a Bitcoin purchase so other people can see how to do it.

6. Make a blog post about Bitcoin day. If you don't have a blog, go to blogger and it's easy.

7. Give someone a free Bitcoin, or sell a Bitcoin at half price.

8. Order some Bitcoin stickers and put them on windows, doors and signs. (even if you just order one sticker and put it ONE place). Imagine if a store had like 20 people in one day coming in trying to spend Bitcoins. They would keep the sticker in their window and start accepting Bitcoins.

9. During VEDA (Vlog Every Day in April) mention some Bitcoin news in your vlog every day.

10. Send emails to your favorite companies asking them to accept Bitcoins.

11. Draw a Bitcoin symbol in your car window with window paint.

12. Go on Google maps and pick a suburban street. Type in a random street number and type it in to see if it exists on that street. Buy 10 stamps & Envelopes, then send flyers out to 10 addresses on that street.

13. Go to a shirt printing website, make a few Bitcoin shirts and give them to homeless people.

14. Find a Bitcoin flag to put up in front of your house or on the balcony of your apartment.

15. Put $10 into FB advertising for Bitcointalk,org or another Bitcoin website that can teach people a lot.

16. Send a mass text that says "Bitcoin: Fuck the Police".

17. Make online Bitcoin wallets for homeless people and tell them how they work, then tell them how to use the money at the library.

18. Change your avatar on FB & Twitter to the BTC symbol for a day.

19. Go to the grocery store and put Bitcoin stickers on cereal boxes.

20. Make door hangers that quickly explain Bitcoin as an investment, maybe with a tiny chart of growth. Then put them on people's front doors.

21. Draw Bitcoin symbols in some old books you don't need (sometimes you can go to a yard sale and get them for less than $1 ea if you don't have any), then take them to half price books. You will even get a little money.

22. Go to the library and leave small slips of paper (or index cards) with a list of useful Bitcoin websites. Sneak them into books and leave them by computers.

23. Tweet to 10 celebrities about Bitcoin.

24. Put a bitcoin sticker in a public restroom.

25. Guide a friend through the process of buying a coin.

26. Say something here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329422.0

27. Send a message here asking them to make an episode about Bitcoin:
https://www.facebook.com/alwayssunny

28. Create a Bitcoin design or meme that people can share, and post it to your wall.

29. More suggestions coming soon.

(To make these more fun, record yourself doing them and post them to YouTube)

Watch this video, then imagine what Bitcoin day could do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg4mCKB3RVs
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 11:14:41 PM

Ill print and ship you 1000 business cards with better quality then Vista print for $25+Shipping. Contact me with PM if you are interested. My parents own a print shop and we have resale accounts with the best printing distributors.

If you would like prices for our distributor they are right here at this website.

http://www.redtagprintsale.com/products/premium-products/business-cards-printing/

they dont have a bitcoin payment option but i will take payments in bitcoin after getting your artwork verified and order the prints. can also find out how much they will dropship it to you for.

you can email me at sebuh@live.com with your artwork. 300DPI .PDF file is best.

remember, i have a trade account with this company and i get a decent volume discount. if you need other things printed also in different sizes let me know.

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 11:26:45 PM

We have time to get a lot of people on board, should accumulate interest.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:01:24 AM

Over 1,100 invited. Please invite everyone on your friends list, even if they don't know what Bitcoin is. That's kinda the point.

Thank you to everyone that has been inviting people Smiley
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:34:12 AM

Update:

Bitcoin day is a day for global Bitcoin activity. Every year we will try to make new global records for Bitcoin activity (which will translate to record price surges).

The way this will be accomplished is:

1. Post on Facebook, just say something about Bitcoin or share a link.

2. Spend $10 on Vista print making business cards for something you can do to earn Bitcoins (or just telling people to go to Bitcointalk.org) or go to the library and spend 10 cents a copy making flyers. (or use your at home printer if you have one) Then leave them everywhere from local businesses to local parks to local post offices.

3. Create a local Bitcoin event for Facebook that happens at the same time and place as another event. Ex: Invite everyone to a school game, or a charity run and tie in Bitcoins. Don't try to take over the event, just recognize that people will be there and invite bitcoiners to join the celebration while using it as a safe haven for trade (instead of one on one meetings) If it is a charity you can even offer to share some of the profit from sales.

4. If you feel like you aren't capable of any of this (and I promise you are) then just go online to your favorite forum and create a thread about Bitcoin. Or go to Bitcointalk.org and join in some discussion.

5. Make a youtube video just talking about a place you spent Bitcoins or a place you would like to see accept Bitcoins. Or even record a Bitcoin purchase so other people can see how to do it.

6. Make a blog post about Bitcoin day. If you don't have a blog, go to blogger and it's easy.

7. Give someone a free Bitcoin, or sell a Bitcoin at half price.

8. Order some Bitcoin stickers and put them on windows, doors and signs. (even if you just order one sticker and put it ONE place). Imagine if a store had like 20 people in one day coming in trying to spend Bitcoins. They would keep the sticker in their window and start accepting Bitcoins.

9. During VEDA (Vlog Every Day in April) mention some Bitcoin news in your vlog every day.

10. Send emails to your favorite companies asking them to accept Bitcoins.

11. Draw a Bitcoin symbol in your car window with window paint.

12. Go on Google maps and pick a suburban street. Type in a random street number and type it in to see if it exists on that street. Buy 10 stamps & Envelopes, then send flyers out to 10 addresses on that street.

13. Go to a shirt printing website, make a few Bitcoin shirts and give them to homeless people.

14. Find a Bitcoin flag to put up in front of your house or on the balcony of your apartment.

15. Put $10 into FB advertising for Bitcointalk,org or another Bitcoin website that can teach people a lot.

17. Make online Bitcoin wallets for homeless people and tell them how they work, then tell them how to use the money at the library.

18. Change your avatar on FB & Twitter to the BTC symbol for a day.

19. Go to the grocery store and put Bitcoin stickers on cereal boxes.

20. Make door hangers that quickly explain Bitcoin as an investment, maybe with a tiny chart of growth. Then put them on people's front doors.

21. Draw Bitcoin symbols in some old books you don't need (sometimes you can go to a yard sale and get them for less than $1 ea if you don't have any), then take them to half price books. You will even get a little money.

22. Go to the library and leave small slips of paper (or index cards) with a list of useful Bitcoin websites. Sneak them into books and leave them by computers.

23. Tweet to 10 celebrities about Bitcoin.

24. Put a bitcoin sticker in a public restroom.

25. Guide a friend through the process of buying a coin.

26. Say something here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=329422.0

27. Send a message here asking them to make an episode about Bitcoin:
https://www.facebook.com/alwayssunny

28. Create a Bitcoin design or meme that people can share, and post it to your wall.

29. Get some Bitcoin shirt pins and pass them out on the street.

30. Draw a Bitcoin symbol on your shoe, binder or backpack.

31. Get a Bitcoin belt buckle.

32. Use threads from Bitcointalk.org to write a short book about Bitcoin and offer it free on Amazon.

33. Print out pages of tiny Bitcoin symbols, cut them out and thumb tack them places.

34. Post a Bitcoin symbol on Instagram. For brownie points, make the symbol using something weird instead of just using one from Google.

35. More suggestions coming soon.

(To make these more fun, record yourself doing them and post them to YouTube)

Watch this video, then imagine what Bitcoin day could do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg4mCKB3RVs
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:09:40 AM

Over 1,200 People invited!!!!
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:56:48 AM

Nearly 50 People have accepted invites already, and there are still like 4 full months of inviting people.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:03:50 PM

If you count maybes, we are at 50 accepted invitations!!!!!!!!!!!

Please invite more people, this is gaining speed. Over 1,200 invited, let's get to 10,000 Smiley
lorax2013

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:11:41 AM

Just my 2 bits.  I've spent years successfully educating about precious metals and you have to look at things from the other person's perspective.  What is the real difficulty outsiders have in adopting new technology or taking risks?  It is fear of the unknown.  People have never bought a bitcoin before, all the average person knows is that it looks complicated, lots of unknowns, wallet could get hacked, etc. 

#25 on the list is the real way to get new users imo.  For example nobody had to proselytize me on bitcoin.  I wanted to buy back when it was 10 cents.  But I'm not a computer guy and I didn't want the hassle.  Yeah I expected it would rise, probably double or triple - haha - but who needed the headache.  I had many friends into bitcoin and I researched it somewhat online, but I didn't want to bother anyone to sit down and waste their time showing me how to safely buy bitcoin and nobody volunteered.  Finally I learned and the platforms got better and I started buying but only because I was always convinced it was a good idea.  The average outsider has twice as many issues - first you have to convince them of the usefulness/potential and then you have to show them how to handle bitcoin safely. 

Once I learned myself, within days I was helping friends just like me (convinced but didn't know the technology) buy thousands of dollars in bitcoin.   That made me uncomfortable being a total novice, but again nobody else was willing to sit down and guide anyone.  Just like with precious metal, there are 10,000 videos and discussions hyping "how great it is" but very rarely do you see a coherent explanation for lay people about the basic concept and most importantly a very very simple guide to buying and using coins.  Human nature always amazes me....
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:41:52 AM

hey ANiceJewishBoy,

your number 1 on your list is the first thing where i see a massive problem.
facebook is a nice way for spreading info fast but it's also filled with not very tech-savvy people.
(personally i have no account there and i don't like sharing personal details with a profit-driven company, but that's another subject)

these unexperienced users are the perfect target group for scammers, so to prevent any burning you also need to explain how to secure your OS and wallet and to be aware of the sometimes wildwest-like atmosphere in this young economy. (prospect of wealth disturbs the vision for security)
you'll find some useful vids on documentary thread for this purpose (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268955.0)

Spreading existence of bitcoin via social networks is easy, but at the same time educating society is what's really important.
otherwise your project will produce a lot of collateral damage with naive pseudo speculators having dollar signs in their eyes and getting destroyed during crashes over and over again.

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:30:37 AM

Just my 2 bits.  I've spent years successfully educating about precious metals and you have to look at things from the other person's perspective.  What is the real difficulty outsiders have in adopting new technology or taking risks?  It is fear of the unknown.  People have never bought a bitcoin before, all the average person knows is that it looks complicated, lots of unknowns, wallet could get hacked, etc. 

#25 on the list is the real way to get new users imo.  For example nobody had to proselytize me on bitcoin.  I wanted to buy back when it was 10 cents.  But I'm not a computer guy and I didn't want the hassle.  Yeah I expected it would rise, probably double or triple - haha - but who needed the headache.  I had many friends into bitcoin and I researched it somewhat online, but I didn't want to bother anyone to sit down and waste their time showing me how to safely buy bitcoin and nobody volunteered.  Finally I learned and the platforms got better and I started buying but only because I was always convinced it was a good idea.  The average outsider has twice as many issues - first you have to convince them of the usefulness/potential and then you have to show them how to handle bitcoin safely. 

Once I learned myself, within days I was helping friends just like me (convinced but didn't know the technology) buy thousands of dollars in bitcoin.   That made me uncomfortable being a total novice, but again nobody else was willing to sit down and guide anyone.  Just like with precious metal, there are 10,000 videos and discussions hyping "how great it is" but very rarely do you see a coherent explanation for lay people about the basic concept and most importantly a very very simple guide to buying and using coins.  Human nature always amazes me....

Devcoin solves the risk issue, earning free coins offsets any loss. It's just common sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWsmx6JmqCc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eMy2e2FEH4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsM9BKo4lAk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdn0OU4JrsU
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:31:37 AM

hey ANiceJewishBoy,

facebook is a nice way for spreading info fast but it's also filled with not very tech-savvy people.
(personally i have no account there and i don't like sharing personal details with a profit-driven company, but that's another subject)

these unexperienced users are the perfect target group for scammers, so to prevent any burning you also need to explain how to secure your OS and wallet and to be aware of the sometimes wildwest-like atmosphere in this young economy. (prospect of wealth disturbs the vision for security)
you'll find some useful vids on documentary thread for this purpose (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268955.0)

Spreading existence of bitcoin via social networks is easy, but at the same time educating society is what's really important.
otherwise your project will produce a lot of collateral damage with naive pseudo speculators having dollar signs in their eyes and getting destroyed during crashes over and over again.

Well, if you really feel that way, then you should spend the 2 days that Bitcoin day is set for, spreading the word about safe coining.
hlynur

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:29:05 PM

hey ANiceJewishBoy,

Well, if you really feel that way, then you should spend the 2 days that Bitcoin day is set for, spreading the word about safe coining.

well yea sorry, but that's how i feel.
imo first rule to tell people about bitcoin is invest what you can afford to loose!!!
i don't want to imagine innocent newbies taking debts or throwing their last cash at bitcoin because hey value will double next month anyway...right?
since i registered here nearly every day is bitcoin day for me...i tell everybody about it i meet, i spend a lot of time in this forum and even if this will change our monetary system to the better it's still in a fragile phase.
(i would even say early beta phase because of the upcoming attempts for regulation and the lack of spending opportunities besides blackmarket)

and about that list...

to 16: seriously? i don't get the connection how you can f**k the police by using bitcoins besides darkweb activities...
       this reminds me of some pubertal stuff i sprayed on walls during my youth. at least directly address the target group your going for: "Fed up with your dealer? Check SR 2.0"  Smiley

to 17: you realize that most homeless people don't even have smartphones or a bank account in the first place? (at least in my country)
what would a homeless person do with these coins without a device or other possibility to exchange them for goods.
better concentrate on stan's outpost or similar organisations in that regard.

don't get me wrong, bitcoin movement needs this spirit and i like your effort...my head exploded in a similar way when thinking about all the potential.
maybe i'm a bit too prejudiced against john doe on facebook, but as long as there is no established widespread infrastructure to build the bridge for more adaption
as long will it stay more a promising investment or for some guys even a simple cashcow than an everyday currency.

if you don't educate people about this state when talking about bitcoin you're not better than any door-to-door salesman praising some shady product.

ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:27:58 PM

hey ANiceJewishBoy,

well yea sorry, but that's how i feel.

Don't apologize, make a thread. Make an event. Make another post about it.

That's the point of Bitcoin day.
hlynur

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:48:01 AM

thanks for not responding to any issue i mentioned.  Roll Eyes

i have a thread, as posted before:
documentary on bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268955.0
watch the vids, read more on the forums (esp. the sticky threads); with the time you'll get a grasp of the matter and can give your knowledge on to others.

by the way here's some recent info concerning possible future regulation in USA:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333117.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333824.0

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:18:24 AM

It'd be nice to do bitcoin day on the day that Satoshi published the original paper (or the day he released the first client).
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:58:11 PM

thanks for not responding to any issue i mentioned.  Roll Eyes

i have a thread, as posted before:
documentary on bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268955.0
watch the vids, read more on the forums (esp. the sticky threads); with the time you'll get a grasp of the matter and can give your knowledge on to others.

by the way here's some recent info concerning possible future regulation in USA:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333117.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333824.0

I did respond to an issue, the fact that you want to share safety tips. I'm not going to do it for you though, and that is not what this thread is about.

Good job on the thread. Congrats.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:11:25 PM

Bitcoin Quarters!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otshxPEjUzs
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: