Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can facebook change the way you vote ?.  (Read 1507 times)
ololesia

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:45:42 AM

Facebook has the same instruments of propaganda as TV has. It can't directly change the way you vote, but it can influence you with the help of the news, advertisements etc.
However, TV doesn't have your personal portrait, while Facebook has. So Facebook can "customize" and give you the materials which influence you more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:07:47 PM

can facebook change my way to vote? yes, if something (news) that there is a reliable source it may be a consideration to change my way to choose course by considering and comparing other sources such as newspaper ,tv ,and other media. then whether facebook is danger to democracy as Channel 4 says ? I don't think, because depending on the individual, if the individual is easy to believe and doesn't research first he will be trapped by (hoax). and I agree your opinion because private TV expects revenue and rating except national TV.
tzipora234

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:40:14 PM

mainstream media are just a bunch of FUDsters. these "scare" aritcles attract the most viewers/readers so they make the most of them. i would take anything i see on mainstream media with a grain of salt
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:05:47 PM

Facebook is but another manifestation of political competitiveness, it's like a square with a lot of people discussing if facebook fills the walls with only one politician good news and blame the other, odds might go against the second, so yeah, personally it won't change my vote but I know there are several people out there who might be easily offended.
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:02:27 PM

It already has. Although it's not Facebook itself. It's the conscious effort of groups that could influence people. What makes facebook especially powerful is that it's designed to be addictive and interactive. People are too exposed to information and that drowning in data erases the boundaries between truth and lies. Especially when you have thousands of people piling on the posts. The inter-activeness makes the influence more powerful knowing that a certain opinion may appear to be the popular one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:03:02 AM

Local elections is coming in our country. I've seen a lot of campaign in the Facebook. One that I've noticed is the list of candidates who highlights their academic and personal achievements. A lot of people recognized them making them viral. We can see that Facebook had evolved from being a communication tool to many uses. Also, it is not shocking how Facebook will affects the way a person votes. As it really affects the way the person thinks, it is expected to affect it also. Thus, I hope that all went well and people will be affected by the Facebook in a more positive way it can be.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Mancung

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:58:34 AM

Channel 4 news saying facebook is a danger to democracy ..Is it?

I believe our normal TV media stations are more of a danger to democracy than facebook..
They spread PROPAGANDA    tv stations ..

My vote goes by the way my area is acting ..Acting all nice like no shootings then good leaders
Loads of shootings and poverty then not even facebook or the media will change my mind..

TV MEDIA and social media networks... They are just the same right now.. Nowadays all around the world, we can see every politicians use everything they got to boost up their "fame" to win on political events, they use media to attack their rivals,  black campaign , spreading hoaxes, etc..
In my opinion, TV media and socialmedia (e.g facebook) they all are the same!
Hec2005

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:20:29 PM

I believe our normal TV media stations are more of a danger to democracy than facebook..

My vote goes by the way my area is acting ..Acting all nice like no shootings then good leaders
Loads of shootings and poverty then not even facebook or the media will change my mind..
I can that Facebook can change the way we vote because through Facebook we can knew what is the truth behind the things that happen in our society. Mainstream like the television does not show or broadcast all the truth. For me Facebook is a game changer for elections because everybody or almost everyone will have access to the truth.
hugoworld

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:37:06 AM

Actually yes. Facebook has great impact on society. So, It can affect people's political views and also, Facebook can brainwash people at its sweet will. All kinds of social media are talented enough to change people's vote by manipulating news . But, The most infulential of social media is Facebook That's why, Some sources are using  Facebook to manipulate elections .

EMP

▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬▬ ◥ ◤ ▬▬▬▬

ICO START:
10 SEPT 2018
Abigail.Parsons

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:04:23 AM

YES! 100%

why?

confirmation bias. The algorithms are set up to only show you what you want to see limiting your exposure to alternative view points. This in no way promotes free speech or democratic thinking
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

I believe that social media specifically facebook can change the way you vote, because there are many posters and campaigns that have an attractive images and quotations that can get really your attention. Facebook can change the way you think cause posters from facebook are meaningful and you will think it may be true.

Facebook can actually change and influence the way people vote but not the core members of the party, these people always seem to vote for the candidate of their party it’s only the undecided who most of the determines the winner of every election who’s vote can be changed because of what they see on Facebook.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Mojo2012

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:21:11 PM

I personally think I can't easily be manipulated by (social) media. I always try to make up my own mind, by discussion, by researching etc.
But you can never be sure. We all can be manipulated by using certain psychological tricks.

I may be special here (I overthink almost everything ...), but I can see that most people, even near me, fall for the easy stuff: they trust what they here most! It's crazy. But they believe the guys that "scream" the most. And I think this is the main problem here.
People are too dumb, lazy or both to really think about what they hear and see. If the see a guy like trump shouting racist stuff about mexicans  the 1000x time, then they believe him.

It's way easier to blame others for your own problems, than think about yourself - and how you can solve your own problems. Sad but true.
zashds1

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 04:36:10 AM

I think facebook uses our data to change our news feed to show content to manipulate our way of thinking.
Kind of like how the ads change so suddenly when we talk about something new,
varun bee

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:09:13 AM

facebook certainly does effect cognitive functions of an average joe, majority of the humans function in their own echo chambers and social media specially facebook have turned those echo chambers into a wide partisan contest among normal people. echo chambers of social media tend to affirm to confirmation bias rather than be a tool to barrier breaker. also it doesnt mean that facebook is all evil, if one can monetize their activity then its a total different story.

to give a perspective here is a link of ex facebook vp telling something about social media: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakEIlvlyfE
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:13:29 PM

It's quite easy to spread misinformation and propaganda on social media. I hate to mute several friends multiple times because I don't like the stuff they are sharing.

I think the most danger would be what would you call "filter bubble" which is also present in sites like Youtube. Basically, you only get recommended content that are similar to your preferences. Though that in itself is not immediately harmful, it could prevent people from seeing what's on the other side, unless they are inclined to search for it anyway (many don't).
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:56:56 AM

Actually yes. Facebook has great impact on society. So, It can affect people's political views and also, Facebook can brainwash people at its sweet will. All kinds of social media are talented enough to change people's vote by manipulating news . But, The most infulential of social media is Facebook That's why, Some sources are using  Facebook to manipulate elections .
I agree, Facebook is a big influence most of us in this community and as what you've said, they can give us fake news that most of us will immediately believe that and can manipulate peoples beliefs.
msadikot53

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:42:53 AM

It can and it is. If you look at the recent trends, social media has been the impact factor in elections across the globe. The prevalence of social media in politics has made elected officials and candidates for public office more accountable and accessible to voters. And the ability to publish content and broadcast it to millions of people instantaneously allows campaigns to carefully manage their candidates’ images based on rich sets of analytics in real time and at almost no cost.

Refer to https://www.thoughtco.com/how-social-media-has-changed-politics-3367534 article that explains the effect of social media campaign on U.S presidential elections.
Danisababy

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:21:20 PM

For me I think Facebook can only change the way people in countries where technology has advanced, technology has been embraced and there is rule of law vote. In where I'm residing, they report what they want you to hear. It can't

I think the facebook or other social media can affect the people's thinking towards a candidate. Some of the people believe on things that they saw or read on social media which sometimes could be spreading fake news or black propaganda. So I think yes, because facebook is the most famous and most accessible to anyone, then the candidates are using it to introduce themselves or maybe spread fake news.
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:15:33 AM

No. Some websites are just working because of money. They don't care about the validation and accurate of their news or any media related stories. It is also possible that when you surf the internet, they can access everything about you. So you should be careful. Some of the stories are used to pacify the bad doings of a politician, you cannot simply say that a person is good if he/she have done something amazing in the internet. Some good doings are hardly seen by the viewers simply because the media feeds us with issues, racism, sexism and other negative ideas just to corrupt our mind.
ArcticCrawler

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:14:17 PM

I votes to avoid news from Tv broadcast, the news content about politic and economy are filled with manipulation and propaganda.
Even though Facebook are not best place for news sources, but i think it is more democracy rather than Television news source, because in Facebook many community can show up their opinion and critics about politician and how black business impact so far.
Of course, Facebook affects how I vote. I do not see much difference between Facebook and TV. Both are the mass media. And by definition - the means of manipulation, too. I watch TV very rarely. More often I learn news from social networks. But I do not trust information about politicians 100% ever. It is obvious that PR-services of any politician know exactly how to manipulate your opinion about them. And they do it all the time. Facebook is just a tool.
But Facebook gives a lot of different opinions and sources of information. You can check the information several times.

This does not guarantee that my vote in the elections is absolutely conscious, but I am calm, because I did everything I could.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: