Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:01:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS/WTT 64 GB Thumb Drive - 0.89 BTC Data Recovery Possible [Wanted BTC/USD/GPU]  (Read 176 times)
BorginBitsnTits (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:37:17 AM

I have a USB drive which I was playing with persistant storage.

At the time I shipped 200 dollars to  my electrum wallet, back then it was 0.89 BTC.
Also note this wallet probably can have BCH, BTCP, BTG and every other fork of bitcoin claimed.  So, probably todays market about $10,000.

I reinstalled the operating system on the drive, the persistent storage needed to be added back to the system, but I did not know that so I removed it or deleted it and just made a new one. 

Instantly knowing what I did I removed the drive and have not written 1 single byte of data since then.  I did make a ISO file and tried to find it myself but its outside my tech level.
There is no seed saved.
I know the data and wallet the coinbase transaction started from.
I think I located the coins on the blockchain, not 100% sure I found both confirmed and unconfirmed transactions that could have came from my wallet.
The partition password I do have
The electrum wallet does not have a password
Been holding this for a couple years waiting for the solution to appear, the only guy I know who could do it is hours away.

I am up to my butt in bills, and recently sold all my mining cards.  So I would entertain offers of money or crypto, as well as GPUs.   

Alternatively, if anyone knows who can recover this for me ill give 10% of all the coins and forked coins that are recovered. 

Let me know if you have questions or want any other verification I could provide.
You can facebook me fb.com/djmatteo
(I probably will only check in a couple times a day, im not super active here)

Not entirely relevant, but my ebay name is grishster and I have 100% feedback there, I have no interest in running scams just in trying to make some money and get out of this hole im in.  Almost lost my house last year, my car blew up, my backup car needed thousands in repair, had cut hours at work... its was not a nice year for me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:22:43 PM

you sound genuine and in trouble so I will offer some advice, please be careful with people offering help, even here, even me, most of us are genuine but some are just out to scam.

it depends on what you want to do, if you trust this person a few hours away, I would rather do that then risck loosing 6k here.

I am pretty good at data recovery, I would be more than happy to have the drive shipped here and work it out, I wont ask for anything as I like to help, but it means trusting a stranger, I am very trusted here, but a stranger is still a stranger no matter who approves them.
jimjam123

Activity: 444
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:22:58 PM

Interested,
Pm me
BorginBitsnTits (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:26:17 PM

Well even if I do decide to trust you, I would insist you take a gratuity. I dont like to take peoples help or generosity for granted ever.  

My life is so upside down right now I am running out of options to stay afloat.  Miners ran up the electric, then my mortgage got away from me, I worked my ass off when I got out of jail in 2005 to build up my dream to DJ to becoming a reality in 2009.  I run a mobile DJ business that is a weekend gig, I must have been doing good because I played 48 gigs by my third year, then 42 my fourth, 56 my fifth year.   Then the exhaustion set in, followed by depression and bad judgement that almost ruined the business and almost got me killed twice. I used to do all this adulting on my own but somehow I started the downward spiral.   The one thing that really is messing me up is I let my sister and her son come live with me, I walked the walk I talked.  She needed a help and family is a priority.  The problem is I am an introvert and never get to recharge and always feel like I am guarding my domain.    

I figured if I could get something for this I could at least get off the ropes and have a little wiggle room.  Right now for the first time in my life my credits at its limits, my retirement has been depleted, my bank is overdrawn and its sink or swim right now.  Pride is a sonovagun to, makes asking for help difficult.

Anyway will see if I get any offers and if not I may take you up on that.  I could actually probably upload the ISO file and if I provide the USB information you should be able to rebuild it or scan it just like you would if you had the drive.  The only thing would be it wouldnt be boot/partition, it would only be the partition.  Could I give a ISO to someone to look at and be safe if I dont give the partition password?  Wondering if that is an option

Thank you again for offering to help and giving solid advice.   I am generally cautious myself, I have been internetting since the days of 10 cents a minute for AOL.  I usually worry I appear to be the scammer!!!  

You think this sounds like it maybe can be recovered, back in the day I found a lot of articles, many from this forum, that sounded like there was hope. I did save all my bookmarks, some had different programs or key recovery tools all to advanced for me.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:37:56 PM

sorry to hear your problems, but its good your doing something about it, see what responses you get here.

As you say not a single kb has been written on it, then yes I believe its totally recoverable, a friend works in a data recovery studio for small businesses and he has shown me a few tricks that online recover programs dont do, an .img file is ok but I would need the exact make/model of the thumb drive, in worst case scenarios I will have to create a exact virtual partition of the size/block/segment of the drive you used, load it on and try a different rout.

good luck and I hope your future is more prosperous for you.
ZeroGee

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:13:40 PM

You've piqued my interest. I sent you a message on facebook.
jimjam123

Activity: 444
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:13:13 PM

Good luck, you need to keep us updated.

BorginBitsnTits (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:47:05 PM

sorry to hear your problems, but its good your doing something about it, see what responses you get here.

As you say not a single kb has been written on it, then yes I believe its totally recoverable, a friend works in a data recovery studio for small businesses and he has shown me a few tricks that online recover programs dont do, an .img file is ok but I would need the exact make/model of the thumb drive, in worst case scenarios I will have to create a exact virtual partition of the size/block/segment of the drive you used, load it on and try a different rout.

good luck and I hope your future is more prosperous for you.

yeah that is what I kind of gathered for my situation, a complete rebuilding of the partition manually, it was a cruzer glide - Sandisk 64 gb SDCZ-064G bn1407247838

You guys have given me some hope that this isnt impossible, the most complexing part I believe is the fact it was encrypted I hear that complicates the whole thing.

I do appreciate help, but I do have to remain cautious.    The better the status you hold here the more I can trust you.  Around every corner is a crook!  Again, thanks for support and assistance guys it does mean a lot to me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: