Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Airdrops really worth the time?  (Read 861 times)
JohnTravis0716

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:42:07 PM

I posted this somewhere else but I'll repost it here.

An airdrop is worth NOTHING if the coin you are receiving is worthless. I could create an ERC20 token today if I wanted, and give away 10 billion tokens to each person in an airdrop. The problem? Those 10 billion tokens are worth absolutely nothing. They may as well not be there as its simply a number in my wallet. 

I would say 90%+ of the new coins out there are/will be worthless. Before even considering joining a bounty campaign or airdrop, I always look at a couple things:

1) Does the coin I'm receiving have a purpose/goal?
2) Do the developers have credibility/experience?
3) Is the announcement thread written in proper English and formatted well? (seriously this tells me a lot)
4) Is there a masternode pre-sale? (If yes, don't even consider joining the project. Seriously, look at my signature and you can tell how much I hate discord masternode pre-sales)

If a coin doesn't meet all of the criteria above, I don't even bother with it. If it does, I will do more research, and if the project sounds promising I will participate in any airdrops/bounties they do. 

The key to finding success in airdrops/bounties is quality, not quantity. If you participated in the 1000 ONT airdrop, you probably made more than joining 500 random shitcoin airdrops. Be selective!

This is on-point. Thank you for clarifying good sir.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rugosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:55:37 PM

most airdrops will be worthless, the coins will never be developed or they will never be marketed.
However, some turn out to be real gems.
The Renoscoin airdrop was worth almost a bitcoin at last years highs. Semux airdrop worth .5 btc OTC.

Some airdrops are very worthwhile, some simply arent. I'm still staking the Tokyocoin airdrop even though its barely worth anything because it costs me little to nothing and theres a high upside and no downside since it cost me nothing

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
babyaia

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:15:13 PM

There are also some airdrops that is worth the time.For me as a new here in crypto I am participating airdrops to earn profit even if it is a small amount only.
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

It is spam, isnt it? By the way, is it real to get 5k $ with airdrops? As for me it`s just wasting time for clicking.

Yes, it is spam. Just report it to moderator, so they will delete it.
Hmm, I don't think 5k can be earned in some small amount of time - you might spend years to achive it. So it's not worth effort.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
kalintura

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:56:05 AM

I think if we will think of the future it is worth it.
kalintura

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:53:46 AM

Yes it is but we must choose the a project which are have the potential.
GinaCole

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:24:17 AM

Airdrops are not 100% profitable and is a game of chance. If you can invest time then you should read and work on bounties as well. Airdrops are advisable for people who doesn't have enough time to spare.
emulsifryer

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

Bet2dream.com

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:00:06 PM

Better we believe in the goodness and the exploding price with airdrop, there is nothing to emphasize with the price of airdrop.
Not pretty sure in airdrops right now because some of it are scams not like the in the past few months and maybe it's just a waste of time for me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:48:47 PM

Nothing sure in airdrops but yes he worth the time we spend to do the tasks and submit information because you can earn a tokens who have a high price  from airdrops
Botaisk

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:07:34 PM

We all have heard about airdrops in every token introduction

Are they worth the time we spend to do the tasks and submit information? Are they really going to explode so make us rich?

Even 1% of them go on to be super big then it does worth it but how can we be so sure of it?
I think it's worth spending time on airdrops, in some places there are qualitative ones. For example, Luckchemy Airdrop.
birkomester

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:06:38 AM

I can recommend you Luckchemy Airdrop . There is a good reward. The company already has a product. Accurately collect softCap
MisterJamesCoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:31:52 AM

Really depends what else you can do with your time I think. It can be rewarding but you have to know your way around for sure
EGOR EXACT

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:04:07 PM

Airdrops take a short time, why not participate in several? You can earn a small amount of alternative coins.
jannor

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:58:11 PM

If you are among the poorest in the world, but can read, write and have access to the web, airdrops can be quite a nice income. Sure as hell beats begging or being trafficed/selling yourself.
CryptoCrayze

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:40:25 AM

Really depends what else you can do with your time I think. It can be rewarding but you have to know your way around for sure

This is true, its also useful to spend time on airdrops orchestrated by products that look promising.
wandino

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:14:33 PM

Really varies depending on the token.
Exeus

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:35:26 PM

It will worth the time if you have big amount of active referrals if not the chance of you hitting a jackpot is very low. Participate in other bounties as well so you can maximized the potential earnings you can get.
For me is it's just a waste of time and some of airdrops are scam, maybe you should focus on joining bounty campaigns you could earn bigger as long as you will work hard and by the end of ICO you will received payment or salary from the campaigns you have participated.
Jpja

Activity: 150
Merit: 29

Happy mother of 5 children

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:16:35 PM

I think that airdrops is absolutely not worth the time spent on them. There is a lot of fraud in this area. Even if some coins are transferred to your wallet , it will be a completely negligible amount.

👉🏼 Relictum Pro – touch the future now!
https://relictum.pro/
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:22:36 PM

There is usually minimal effort required to participate in the airdrop offering. It won't make you rich, but the bigger picture with airdrops is that you're receiving some coins to use on the company’s service when it’s ready and see if you like the product and experience.

We talk about this more in our blog post about Airdrops so check it out  Smiley
Bit.ly/Airdropping

Hope this helps!

Mintdice.com
Banelocke

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:52:41 PM

If the activities needed in order to join the airdrop are easy to do, why not join them? It's still worth your time since you will be getting some free tokens as reward for the activity that you will do and it might amount to a few dollars.

But don't expect that you will be getting a lot of tokens from them since a lot of people also join these things.

If you have time to devote to Airdrops, try it out.

If you have more time to work on bounties, that's the better option.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: