Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to analyze an ICO?  (Read 645 times)
SavageBrother

Activity: 129
Merit: 8

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:41:54 AM

Nice list, I would add some things myself, but this would definitively get you started. Sometimes, a little hype is all you need and even the lesser projects pump hard.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ColdZerk

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:44:31 AM

I would add one more requirement: the team should has a smart contract on the github for public view.
Research of smart contract`s code is very important too
VasiloviKola

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:51:00 AM

- ICO information: Information about the actual ICO should be clear and available. The start and end dates of the first and the last trading session, how individuals can participate in the crowdsale and which currencies are accepted, the countdown time / at the end of each session and the price of each token, all of which can help investors be more confident to make their own guesses.

I think that availability and transparency of the information is one of the most important factors. When we look at ICO if information is not available or not clear it is most probably scam project. So at first we should look at info provided, and if there is enough info, than we can go and look at other things I think.
SuperP

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:00:46 AM

At first i check whitepaper and what problem they want to solve, than team in social media (linkedin) , than listing on exchanges and how much money people have invested in this project  Wink
tumis

Activity: 1022
Merit: 69

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:08:15 AM

I'll tell you honestly the more I check these whitepapers, the more I'm fed up with them. Half of these are simple pouring of water without any contours.

This is sad because many of the projects that repel are rated on leading icobench portals, etc. in the 4.5/5 style.

So frankly. I have the impression that these portals have their own, invisible side target.
IcoGuide.com

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 09:18:43 AM

These are values you should analyze before investing: Project idea, Technology, Team, Community, Investment potential.

Angi

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:21:50 AM

That things is helpful to those who finding a right ico's now but for me the right thing i do is to contact to the team who is responsible to their ico, if they are good to their investors and to participants I think it should right to choose that ico because at ones its depend on how ico will communicate with you.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 11:52:41 AM

1. The most effective way is to create an evaluation system based on some of the key success indicators of the ICO

- The research team: It is important to have a profile of the team members to reach them and the amount of information about each individual should be fully disclosed. Displaying images yourself and linking to external professional sites like LinkedIn will help build credibility and credibility for investors.
- ICO information: Information about the actual ICO should be clear and available. The start and end dates of the first and the last trading session, how individuals can participate in the crowdsale and which currencies are accepted, the countdown time / at the end of each session and the price of each token, all of which can help investors be more confident to make their own guesses.
- Vision: Different milestones that the company wishes to achieve and plans for achieving them, more detailed information about team members and how to use the technical code.

2. MVP (Minimum Viable Product)

- In general, it is a prototype, alpha or beta version of the product in the future. It is used to review customer feedback and make changes in the project. MVP is not very popular in the virtual currency industry, but it will definitely increase investor confidence in the product.

3. Tracking information to the media

- With so many ICO projects on the market, it is important that individual projects draw a lot of attention to their products. . The best way to gauge attraction is through the company's marketing efforts.

4. Listen to the opinions of experts

- One of the most important factors to consider when evaluating ICOs is the opinion of experts in the digital money world. They will look at the same standard but from different angles. Groups with cryptocurrency experience are generally more highly valued than those who are new to the industry.

Yes, of course, these are important criteria when choosing ICO. I'll admit first of all I look at the project team, then I read the white paper and after all this I look through all the rest of the information about the project.
pradobo

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:53:18 PM

You read all the information provided by the ICO people, incl. their whitepaper & roadmap. You then try & find an unbiased ICO review website that's not trying to do something funny, i.e. push their agenda. There are approx. 10 HONEST review sites out there…
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:02:40 PM

There is no possible way for making right sure analysis of any ICO. You can just to minimize your risks if you will decide to take a part in the project as investor. Read whitepaper and watch who are the authors of idea and technology.
Gerandoong

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:27:35 AM

from my point of view, Yes for you to succeed here in the crypto world you need to be careful and you should be wise because there are so many ICO scams so we need to know which ones are good and which are not. and what you need to know is who the team is creating projects, and search for a trusted campaign manager, a trusted campaign that has had a long experience with a good record of trust.

straimrpl777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:36:30 AM

Before analyzing the crypto project, I look at what funds in it want to invest or have already invested in private sale, only after I see good funds, I study the command and white paper.
wateball

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:38:37 AM

First of all, you need to know whether this project solves the problem that has existed in the current market for a long time. You need to understand the work experience of the project team members. The investment project is the team of the investment project. This is very important and needs to know a lot, but I think these two Point is very important
DesertOasis3

Activity: 144
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:42:42 AM

Thanks for your original post, those are some excellent and helpful points for evaluating an ICO. I would also add that I think it is now very important for the lead personnel on any ICO project to have solid and if possible relevant business experience in the field they are looking to develop with Blockchain. Having some innovative ideas is great but without solid business experience to manage day to day the millions collected in the ICO can soon vanish.
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:48:42 AM

It so difficult to analyze ICO project. Many factors decide the project success: TEAM DEV, IDEA, FUND, ETC. But, with me, I think marketing is the most important factor. If the project has a perfect marketing campaign, the Project will succeed in the future (80%). You should see the TRON, Seele, Indahash project, there are a project that have a great marketing campaign
bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:52:53 AM

take a look at the teams that run or behind ICO. It is an important guideline to determine if ICO can go well or not. many are using anonymous in ICO and it needs to look out for. In addition, the existing concept and whitepaper in the ICO should also be taken into consideration to determine the ICO could give a good thing.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
bawa_23

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:12:26 AM

To analyze an ICO is a difficult one, but with some understanding & efforts we would be able to find a good ICO. Reading about it’s Whitepaper, their development team whether they experienced or not, how they had handled their recent projects. Roadmap of the project, ICO sales. We should also look for the money investors had invested in the project, the social media team of the project. So we should always be careful not to fall into the hands of Scamers & do some research before investing/trading.
rmapower

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:07:54 AM

✔️Important things to check when you do research on ICOs✔️

- check about tokenmetrics and the marketcap/hardcap
- check the team and advisors(whether they are having any blockchain expertise and exposure)
- check the community strength and marketing plan
- check the status of the product prototype (alpha, beta, showcase, etc.) and road map.
- check the status of influencers (Not paid shillers)
- check the communication strengths and transparency
- check whether the application is a viable one without ambitious claims
- check the whitepapaer well structured and written
- check the eco system and status of investors
- check whether the project really needs a cryptocurrency as a driving fuel.
- etc.
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:09:12 AM

It is critical to know the nature of the company and the teams behind ICOs. Most of the companies are newly incorporated, but many founders have been around in their respective industries. It is possible to review profiles and search for news and mentions in their prior projects and efforts.

Team members must display expertise in their respective roles and have proven track records and experience in the industry that they seek to disrupt. Lack of expertise can be a red flag such as if the team doesn’t have a CTO that has worked extensively on previous crypto projects.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 10:14:00 AM

It is critical to know the nature of the company and the teams behind ICOs. Most of the companies are newly incorporated, but many founders have been around in their respective industries. It is possible to review profiles and search for news and mentions in their prior projects and efforts.

Team members must display expertise in their respective roles and have proven track records and experience in the industry that they seek to disrupt. Lack of expertise can be a red flag such as if the team doesn’t have a CTO that has worked extensively on previous crypto projects.

In such situation can companies with a history have benefit if we compare it with new formed companies. There are some blockchain projects who have a team who work for a long time together. In my opinion are this projects who have priority.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: