Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragonmint B29 Decred Miner  (Read 776 times)
ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

So I have (2) B29 Dragonmint miners to mine Decred and hooked them up for the past few days. According to Awesome Miner and the miner status page on my local IP, they're hashing at 2.4TH/s and very stable (low reject rate and HW errors). But on the Decred pool (I'm on coinmine.pl pool), they're not stable at all...hashing all over the place from 1.5TH/s to 2.1TH/s. Sometimes it goes up for a while but then will come back down.

I'm assuming this is not normal but I don't know what could cause this? The miners seem to be hashing fine from what I can tell but it's just the pool I'm having issue with. Any ideas what might be causing this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:01:25 PM

try the decred pool of luxor
https://decred.luxor.tech/
ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:18:15 PM

try the decred pool of luxor
https://decred.luxor.tech/

They're a smaller pool and have higher fees...I would but I don't want to forfeit a bunch of money if this is something I can fix on coinmine
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:20:34 PM

How much decred you get per day? I'm waiting on my obelisk.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 04:50:18 PM

Really, I even dont realize that Decred was already mined by Asic miner. I heard that LBC (LBRY Credits) is going to be mined by Asic miner (or even somebody already mined it with asic miners), then I stopped dual mine ETH + LBC, and it's funny that I have just had checks, some of my rigs still were configured to dual mine ETH + DCR (LBC, and Sia).
ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:09:38 PM

Really, I even dont realize that Decred was already mined by Asic miner. I heard that LBC (LBRY Credits) is going to be mined by Asic miner (or even somebody already mined it with asic miners), then I stopped dual mine ETH + LBC, and it's funny that I have just had checks, some of my rigs still were configured to dual mine ETH + DCR (LBC, and Sia).

I'm getting about 3.5 coins a day per machine

Although with the low pool hash rate...I don't know exactly Sad
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:29:54 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 12:21:13 PM by shibob

Which pool you're mining at? I usually mine DCR at Suprnova pool. The net hash is already up like rocket now:

https://dcr.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=login

For your concern about fluctuable hashrate, it's quite normal if there is difference between the hashrate on the miner interface and pool statistic. As far as I know the miner program display a real-time hashrate, while the pool only calculate the average one based on number of shares in each time period which we could see on variable difficulty. So dont worry about that parameters.
ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:32:41 PM

Which pool you're mining at? I usually mine DCR at Suprnova pool. The net hash is already up like rocket now:

I've got one on Luxor and one on Coinmine.PL.

The Luxor customer support is amazing but i don't like the fees and its small size
ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:29:05 PM

The Luxor customer support is amazing but i don't like the fees and its small size

Any other thoughts?
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:30:42 PM

Gaaaaaah 3.5 decred a day? thats freaking awesome. how much did you pay for each machine? how loud/hot are they? i really want one now
ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:30:00 PM

Gaaaaaah 3.5 decred a day? thats freaking awesome. how much did you pay for each machine? how loud/hot are they? i really want one now

They're expensive  Lips sealed

$10,000/e - but I should ROI in 3 or 4 months max
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1395

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:33:19 PM

They're expensive  Lips sealed

$10,000/e - but I should ROI in 3 or 4 months max

Good luck on that when all the miners are shipped out Wink

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:03:15 AM
Merited by shibob (1)

So I have (2) B29 Dragonmint miners to mine Decred and hooked them up for the past few days. According to Awesome Miner and the miner status page on my local IP, they're hashing at 2.4TH/s and very stable (low reject rate and HW errors). But on the Decred pool (I'm on coinmine.pl pool), they're not stable at all...hashing all over the place from 1.5TH/s to 2.1TH/s. Sometimes it goes up for a while but then will come back down.

I'm assuming this is not normal but I don't know what could cause this? The miners seem to be hashing fine from what I can tell but it's just the pool I'm having issue with. Any ideas what might be causing this?

So just for the record and in case you didn't know this already the pool doesn't know how many hashes any of the miners are doing.  When you look at your miner interface (I am unfamiliar with this particular miner but this is true for every miner) but when you look at the miner interface, it is reporting to you the number of hashes the miner is actually able to compute, so a real-time hashrate.  The pool on the other hand is only getting occasional submitted shares from the miners that are connected to the pool.  Vardiff (variable difficulty) which is what pretty much every stratum implementation is using now days, varies the difficulty based on how many shares a miner turns in with a specific goal in mind, usually something like 4 or 5 shares per minute.  So the more shares a miner submits, the higher the difficulty the pool will set for the miner until it reaches the point where it is getting 4 to 5 shares per minute from the miner.  The entire time, the pool is calculating the hashrate of the miner based on the number of shares it submits and the difficulty it has set for the miner.

So a miner that has a very high hashrate, will be able to find 4-5 shares per minute for a higher difficulty than a miner with a lower hashrate.  But there is variability and luck.  So any miner could in theory get a lucky streak and hit more shares of a given difficulty in a period of time than the hashrate would normally expect, in which case it will appear to be a higher hashrate than it is to the pool.  Bad luck also happens, which makes a miner appear to be lower hashrate than it is.

So the point is this, the hashrate you see on the poolside, for any pool and any miner, is a calculated value and that calculation is subject to variance and luck.  Over time though, the average on the poolside should be fairly close to what the miner interface reports.  So it's totally normal to see some fluctuation in what the pool says your hashrate is, what you want to pay attention to is the average.

So for example here is my hashrate according to the pool for 3 S9's (one with a dead board):  That 10 minute average of 39 is higher than my actual hashrate.  That 1-day average of 36 is very close to it.  The actual hashrate is  8.9 + 13.15 + 13.85 = 35.9

ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:48:58 AM

So just for the record and in case you didn't know this already the pool doesn't know how many hashes any of the miners are doing.  When you look at your miner interface (I am unfamiliar with this particular miner but this is true for every miner) but when you look at the miner interface, it is reporting to you the number of hashes the miner is actually able to compute, so a real-time hashrate.  The pool on the other hand is only getting occasional submitted shares from the miners that are connected to the pool.  Vardiff (variable difficulty) which is what pretty much every stratum implementation is using now days, varies the difficulty based on how many shares a miner turns in with a specific goal in mind, usually something like 4 or 5 shares per minute.  So the more shares a miner submits, the higher the difficulty the pool will set for the miner until it reaches the point where it is getting 4 to 5 shares per minute from the miner.  The entire time, the pool is calculating the hashrate of the miner based on the number of shares it submits and the difficulty it has set for the miner.

So a miner that has a very high hashrate, will be able to find 4-5 shares per minute for a higher difficulty than a miner with a lower hashrate.  But there is variability and luck.  So any miner could in theory get a lucky streak and hit more shares of a given difficulty in a period of time than the hashrate would normally expect, in which case it will appear to be a higher hashrate than it is to the pool.  Bad luck also happens, which makes a miner appear to be lower hashrate than it is.

So the point is this, the hashrate you see on the poolside, for any pool and any miner, is a calculated value and that calculation is subject to variance and luck.  Over time though, the average on the poolside should be fairly close to what the miner interface reports.  So it's totally normal to see some fluctuation in what the pool says your hashrate is, what you want to pay attention to is the average.

So for example here is my hashrate according to the pool for 3 S9's (one with a dead board):  That 10 minute average of 39 is higher than my actual hashrate.  That 1-day average of 36 is very close to it.  The actual hashrate is  8.9 + 13.15 + 13.85 = 35.9

THANK YOU!!!! This was exactly what I was looking for. Seriously - thank you. And that's the research I found out too bc I didn't think anyone would respond.

I will say that for anyone interested to know, Luxor pool makes significantly less earnings. 
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:05:38 AM

You're welcome.  BTW, where did you buy your miner?  It seems rare these days that anyone actually delivers a new asic that makes that much when it arrives.  Usually they announce it after they have been mining the hell out of it and then by the time they deliver it's a 6 month ROI (which means by the time you actually ROI it's been a year since the difficulty goes up all along).

shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 02:37:49 AM

You're welcome.  BTW, where did you buy your miner?  It seems rare these days that anyone actually delivers a new asic that makes that much when it arrives.  Usually they announce it after they have been mining the hell out of it and then by the time they deliver it's a 6 month ROI (which means by the time you actually ROI it's been a year since the difficulty goes up all along).

Totally agree with you. I still think manufacturers they keep miners in few months, for example 3 months to mine, there's no reason that they should release it out to market when they could earn a lot with new asic miners especially the very first asic miner for DCR. Also, with delay in shipping, as we get the miner (should be 4 months after payment), the difficulty is too much, I even think ROI should be around 8 months. With asic miner, we could ROI earlier than that of GPU mining, but it's not that fast.
ReadyPlayer1 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:17:52 AM

Totally agree with you. I still think manufacturers they keep miners in few months, for example 3 months to mine, there's no reason that they should release it out to market when they could earn a lot with new asic miners especially the very first asic miner for DCR. Also, with delay in shipping, as we get the miner (should be 4 months after payment), the difficulty is too much, I even think ROI should be around 8 months. With asic miner, we could ROI earlier than that of GPU mining, but it's not that fast.

Halong Mining. I was skeptical but they're actually really good miners. Very stable - better than Bitmain IMO
shibob

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 07:45:40 AM

Halong Mining. I was skeptical but they're actually really good miners. Very stable - better than Bitmain IMO

I dont know much about Halong mining, I only know Halong Bay, just for fun haha. Btw, they said that Samsung is producing ASIC chips for upstart mining hardware manufacturer Halong Mining, new chip uses 10nm process. If it's the case, the new miner may have very good hashrate. But I would not purchase any device from this new manufacturer, also quoted "Cobra-Bitcoin who co-owns Bitcoin.org and BitcoinTalk has repeatedly said that he believes Halong Mining is a scam and that the Dragonmint T1 is really just a rebranded device actually manufactured by Innosilicon", according to this: https://www.ccn.com/samsung-is-developing-asic-chips-for-halong-mining-distributor-claims/
Wolfy10

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:51:01 PM

Luxor is PPS and pays for orphans and rejects. Taking that into consideration they might be the lowest fee pool ...
Wolfy10

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:03:24 PM

Luxor is PPS compared to Coinmine or Suprnova which are PROP/PPLNS therefore, to compare payouts you need to account for luck.

Luxor has a 3% fee but covers short term luck variance, pays for orphans, rejects and donates 10% of their fees to the project.

On top of that, they provide excellent customer support and UI.

Accounting for all of the above Luxor might be the cheapest pool to be in.

You should give Luxor a shot!

Cheers!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: