Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: when i run the ”cgminer-nogpu.exe” with settings, it closes automatically?????  (Read 10773 times)
Arod2831 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:56:55 PM

when i enter the .bat with this setting,"C:\cgminer\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [pool]:[port] -u [username].[worker] -p [password] –icarus-options 115200:1:1 –icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM3 -S //./COM4" its says " cgminer-nogpu.exe: -: unrecognized option. Then if i enter it without the current settings its starts up but it doesn't find the usb erupters.

i have all the drivers files and tried different ways of fixing it but to no avail, on a win 7 am trying on cg miner 3.7 and 3.1. thank you for your time Smiley
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:16:07 PM

when i enter the .bat with this setting,"C:\cgminer\cgminer-nogpu.exe -o [pool]:[port] -u [username].[worker] -p [password] –icarus-options 115200:1:1 –icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM3 -S //./COM4" its says " cgminer-nogpu.exe: -: unrecognized option. Then if i enter it without the current settings its starts up but it doesn't find the usb erupters.

i have all the drivers files and tried different ways of fixing it but to no avail, on a win 7 am trying on cg miner 3.7 and 3.1. thank you for your time Smiley

The serial drivers and icarus timings are required for CGMiner 3.1.1 and earlier.

CGMiner 3.7 does not use the serial driver but the WinUSB drivers.  You can install the WinUSB drivers easily with the Zadig utility.  Read the ASIC Readme with CGMiner.  Also on the newer versions of CGMiner the "-icarus" command line options are no longer needed.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Arod2831 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:17:16 PM

it solved some of the problem as in the miner can access the pool, but its doesnt seem to be mining and it says no devices detected and and that work on my pool should restart. What should i do now, i already replaced the drivers to winusb?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:16:36 AM

it solved some of the problem as in the miner can access the pool, but its doesnt seem to be mining and it says no devices detected and and that work on my pool should restart. What should i do now, i already replaced the drivers to winusb?

Which Miner version are you using?

You installed WinUSB with the Zadig Utility?

If yes, then check each erupter with Zadig to verify that they all are using WinUSB.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:28:13 AM

I don't think you need the COM commands, I run CGMiner on Win7 and I use  --USB ICA:X   where X=how many erupters you have

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: