Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can spectrocoins be trusted?  (Read 840 times)
anurag54321 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:09:10 AM

I am from India. I want to utilize the arbitrage opportunity which is existing by buying bitcoins on spectrocoin and selling it on indian exchanges. But i read there are some scam reports against them. Can they be trusted?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:31:52 AM

I am from India. I want to utilize the arbitrage opportunity which is existing by buying bitcoins on spectrocoin and selling it on indian exchanges. But i read there are some scam reports against them. Can they be trusted?

Stay away from them if you're not entirely comfortable with dealing them. They do have quite a lot of scam accusations, personally i would trust them with only amounts lower than 0.5 BTC. If you are arbitraging then i would assume you are dealing with higher amounts, and therefore, please do stay away from them.

Look at their scam reports, almost all of them involve amounts that are above 1 BTC. This proves to me that they are selectively scamming people that have high amounts deposited into their exchange. And are their rates even that good? Just use another exchange because from what i can tell their rates aren't that much different from other exchanges.

They do have a physical head office though but it's unlikely you're going to go to Lithuania just for some dispute worth $2000. Flight and accommodation plus food will cost about that alone.

anurag54321 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:28:19 PM

Thank You. I will not use them .
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6105

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:34:43 PM

Thank You. I will not use them .

I don't suggest using them either. I would like to recommend UQUID though. Its a very good service, the support is always here for help and the fees are probably the lowest out there. I use the virtual card and I never faced any issues.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:40:35 PM

I haven't had any major issues with them but I am using small amounts, had a couple of delays but nothing drastic.  True they do have a few accusations involving large amounts so if you are dealing with large amounts have a further look around.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 10:39:27 PM

I'm using Spectrocoin for more than year to exchange bitcoin into fiat and never had any problems. They have several scam accusations, but Spectrocoin claims that these accusations was false.
I noticed that sometimes users have ID verification problems on Spectrocoin. For some not very clear reasons they can't verify provided documents.

SpectroCoin_support

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 11:09:59 PM

Yes indeed we can be trusted, we are in the market for more than 4 years and we are way cheaper than most of our competitors.

Regarding these acquisitions, all of the authors of these "acquisitions" have magically disappeared, so you should not be worried. We do have 24/7 support and many other nice features.

However, can you let us know more about this arbitrage?

30+ currencies, bank wires, credit cards supported
Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
mesmerakyns

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:24:18 AM

I'm using Spectrocoin for more than year to exchange bitcoin into fiat and never had any problems. They have several scam accusations, but Spectrocoin claims that these accusations was false.
I noticed that sometimes users have ID verification problems on Spectrocoin. For some not very clear reasons they can't verify provided documents.
True that @ people have I.d verification problem with them which I also can't understand why they can't simply get I.d verified. This happened to my friend. The funny thing is they didn't give him any cogent reasons as to why his verification is rejected after uploading his data page of international passport and a selfie.
Other than that I use there service and it has been great so far.
anurag54321 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:39:45 AM

Spectrocoin_support,  i have PM'd you.
lankyman

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:36:46 PM

This service appears to be a scam to me, i have tried to call the office number and all i get is a beeping sound.
I am also chatting to Adele and she can not explain to me the steps involved in exchanging BTC to ZAR and then how you transfer that in to a local bank in South Africa.

My recent and only live chat below:
===========================

SpectroCoin live chat   
AdeleSupport Agent

Adele Hello. How may I help you?

James hello

James
sorry to keep you waiting, i went to make tea quick.

Adele It is fine Smiley

James I would like to know if this service is for me or not
I need to understand in baby steps how to sell bitcoin?
If i have bitcoin and would like to exchange it to my currency and then send it to my bank
can i do this?
The most cost effective way please, this important to me because i am not wealthy

Adele Yes. If you have bitcoins, you can exchange them to other currencies and transfer to your bank. Are you verified?

James Okay
So can we confirm if i have the correct requirements?
I would like to make 100% sure this is not expensive in fees and that i can exchange to my currency and then how to send to my bank

Adele In order to be able to do it, you need to verify your profile

James okay , but i a, not ready to verify anything yet until i know that i can do this
I am not able to verify as yet because i would like to know that i can indeed exchange to my currency and then transfer it to my bank with your facility.

Adele You can. The customers from South Africa can verify their accounts, deposit and withdraw money
and get our debit cards

James I am looking for the steps involved and what fees are involved
btc to zar - fees?

Adele There is no such thing as fixed fee. It can be calculated in BTC selling form here: https://spectrocoin.com/en/sell/btc.html
The reverse process is here: https://spectrocoin.com/en/buy/btc.html
The currencies we support: GBP, USD, EUR

James and ZAR ?

Adele No. You can deposit money from ZAR credit/debit card, but it will be exchanged during the transaction

James Doesnt sound like i want this service
Poor support if you ask me
I want to exchange my BTC to ZAR and withdraw it
u need to be able to answer that question else i am not interested

Adele You can do it, but withdrawal will still be in GBP, USD, or EUR

James How can i verify if you cant explain to me in simple steps how the process works and if there is no shortfall.
I am trying to call the office
+442037695474
The phone does not ring

Adele Sorry, I need to chat with 7 people at the same time in this job. Please specify which part is not understandable to you? Also, the office hours are finished. Nobody will answer the phone till Monday

James after withdrawal to GBP, USD, or EUR then can i transfer to my bank which is ZAR
it is 3:30 PM ? office is closed?
If i go to https://spectrocoin.com/en/sell/btc.html
I can see ZAR in receive currency , so i dont understand ?
You said i can only exchange to GBP USD EUR

Adele Our support team is working in Lithuania, the time zone is different here. It is 17:32 in our country. Yes, you can. The withdrawal is done in EUR, GBP, USD. If your bank support different currencies, it will be exchanged during transaction

James But when i exchange on the link i gave you it has an option for ZAR so i dont understand this ,still
It is not limited to USD GBP and EUR, this is what i dont understand, it does have an option for ZAR

Adele I believe you have created yoursef a ZAR wallet in your account
You can exchange money to ZAR
Some people like to have various types of currencies

James I have actually not got an account so i dont understand what you are telling me.
I have not created any wallet

Adele But you checked the link? icsoka21@gmail.com this email is registered in our system
Once you log in to this site, the account and wallet are created to you

James 4:42 pm okay
i will try this and see if it works
Thanks for your help

Adele You are welcome, Apologies I couldn't give you more attention. It is quite busy at these hours
ranjith99

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:01:38 AM

Spectro coin offering poor service .

They  provide poor-pathetic service.

I tried to deposit through Master and visa card(Debit and credit) through USD. The verification is still pending.
The same cards are accepted to to up SKRILL or other CEX.io.

Their services like SKRILL and NETELLER are jus labels. On click they give jus errors "try after couple of days"

Pathetically tat couples were  missing through out tis month ....

When reached Customer care through CHAT, they gave same reply like "Try after some time or couple of days"

So unfortunately topped up my SKRILL and NETELLER and waiting for their service to work..Hope it may take huge time to enable this feature.

My money now locked in SKRILL and NETELLER.

Lookwise spectrocoin having all features . But actually the features are so DUMB and technically fail.

regards,
Frustrated user of spectrocoin
Ranjith
India

SpectroCoin_support

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 10:18:43 AM

@lankyman Could you please call now, we would be happy to help

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
SpectroCoin_support

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 10:19:27 AM

They  provide poor-pathetic service.

I tried to deposit through Master and visa card(Debit and credit) through USD. The verification is still pending.

Their services like SKRILL and NETELLER are jus labels. On click they give jus errors "try after couple of days"

Pathetically tat couples were  missing through out tis month ....

When reached Customer care through CHAT, they gave same reply like "Try after some time or couple of days"

So unfortunately topped up my SKRILL and NETELLER and waiting for their service to work..Hope it may take huge time to enable this feature.

Lookwise spectrocoin having all features . But actually the features are so DUMB and technically fail.

regards,
Ranjith
India

Could you PM me your email address?

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
ranjith99

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:30:59 PM

Once again had a chat , same reply from a chat person Andrew of spectrocoin

really annoying one...lost all hope on them..

Andrew
Hello. How may I help you?

Ranjith

skrill and neteller option not working
displaying error try after couple of days
im trying it for more than a week

Andrew

SpectroCoin system double checks every client's information and offers certain services accordingly. If the chosen option is not working, please try it after some time.

Ranjith

im a verified user..

Andrew

I understand, but you just need to try later.

Ranjith
im trying again and again..

Read
Andrew
It happens sometimes. Just try again later. There is nothing we can do.
grindio

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:03:25 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 03:36:38 PM by grindio

No, it can't be trusted in my opinoin. They offer you services, you send your id, your credit card information, you go through their bloody identification process, and then you can't use their services because they need to "verify". When you call the support service is the most pathetic experience you could imagine, those poor lads only apologize and say their are overwhelmed and their hands are tired with the same issue and that your problem should be solved eventually. I can't even verify my visa card, their system won't process it, yet I can use that card with out any problems in any other website o store that accepts visa. Too many people complaining on Spectrocoin,  you'll be better buying bitcoins with visa and skrill in bitpanda.com I never had any problems with them. I think they lack the infrastructure and or expertise to run a bussiness like this,  some national agency or authority, should check them for minimum requirements  before  allowing to operate.
grindio

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:31:57 PM

They  provide poor-pathetic service.

Pathetically tat couples were  missing through out tis month ....

regards,
Ranjith
India

Same experience here, stay away from spectrocoin don't provide them your Id or credit card information, I regret doing it
SpectroCoin_support

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 04:39:45 PM

They  provide poor-pathetic service.

Pathetically tat couples were  missing through out tis month ....

regards,
Ranjith
India

Same experience here, stay away from spectrocoin don't provide them your Id or credit card information, I regret doing it

We have drastically improved all of our services and just a while ago, we have increased the limits for SKRILL. Please don't feel discouraged to experiment with our services. We have been implementing new services and now we offer more services than before with 825, 000+ customers that are not complaining of that false accusation.
Please do some test payments using Spectrocoin and you will see that a lot has changed recently.
To explore all of our new services and newly supported wallets, please check our BLOG

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
liamlangan

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:14:38 AM

Spectrocoin lie to their customers.

I signed up and got my account verified so I could deposit via Skrill. However it wouldn't work and I was told on chat it was a new error and to try again in a few days. I tried again a few weeks later and had the same error. I was told on chat that Spectrocoin computers automatically assign who can deposit via Skrill and who can't and they can't do anything about it, this is despite my account being fully verified.

I then check on here and see people have had problems depositing Skrill with them for months, and it's not a new problem at all as they stated.

I think their Skrill deposit option is not available and never has been, but they just lie and advertise it as available to try and get new customers signed up.

Very shady, especially since they still keep posting on here that Skrill is available as a deposit option.

Has anyone here successfully deposited with them using Skrill? I highly doubt it.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:45:00 AM

Spectrocoin only have big promises but is not more than just another crypto web wallet where you won't have full control. I have tired spectro before these days I even't don't login to my account.

Bitpanda.com accepts skrill and neteller to buy bitcoin if you are from european countries or else you have to either go through localbitcoins and paxful to find some bitcoin seller where you may end up paying quite higher than market rate.

NOTE: Customers worldwide can sell Bitcoins to Bitpanda!

Customers from Europe can buy Bitcoins on Bitpanda!

You can sell your bitcoins for skrill in bitpanda from any country...
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:39:03 PM

I ve been only withdrawning euro to Skrill working fine

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print