Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:40:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing CherryPicking - new Windows & Linux Pool Hopper  (Read 43146 times)
ditchmagnet

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:12:19 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2011, 03:28:04 AM by ditchmagnet

Typing "exit" doesn't work in 6.6?

Also, has anyone found a fix to get mainframe working?  It is a pretty decent size pool, seems like it would be good to have working.

And does simplecoin.us not have JSON stats?  Is that why it wont work?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bloodred

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 04:11:20 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2011, 04:46:17 AM by Bloodred

The commands have been changed from "exit" to just "e" and "info" to "i" (right up there in the changelog  Tongue) because typing long commands was weird with the new live stats mechanism.

I'll see about simplecoin and mainframe, though they're both score pools, aren't they? They won't get you much compared to prop.

Bloodred...if only you ran Microsoft... Wink

So far 100% working on  windows...

Running: 5 miners @ 19bitp: 1718 MH/s 0/86/0% <0/88/0%> I love it!
Glad you like it! Grin

I like this version Smiley 
Also comma works for me with the .csv files in excel 2010.
Yeah, I changed it. It did seem odd to me when I first implemented .csv export that commas didn't work, guess it's just something with Excel on my side, maybe regional settings as someone suggested.

CherryPicking dev

If you'd like to donate: 15qV7jbw4C43Dcm4JhKL4RXVPKGtvLDAYM
ditchmagnet

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 04:41:37 AM

Sorry, I guess I can't read  Cry

Thanks for the info.

I think simplecoin might be porp though:

"For each successfully completed bitcoin block, the pool is awarded 50 bitcoins along with small transaction fees. Simplecoin splits the rewarded 50 bitcoins between users based on the number of valid shares they submitted during the last 902,850 shares. Simplecoin keeps the transaction fees (usually 0.01-0.09btc) in order to pay any transaction fees we incur while paying user balances."

Bloodred

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 05:14:01 AM

You're right, it's prop. I've checked it out and a slight change to time-based hopping is needed to make it work, I'll post a new update after I get some sleep, v0.6.6a or something.

CherryPicking dev

max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 07:46:06 AM

CP is telling me I am mining at a speed of 1723 MH/s but looking at my workers average over the last 15 minutes on tripple minings site tells me its at about 800. Which is the more acurate one?
amazingrando

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:44:14 AM

CherryPicking has been updated to v0.6.6

One of my rigs had 0.6.5 both updaters would create an invalid jar.  Would it be possible to have a history of updaters somewhere?  I was able to find my 0.6.5->0.6.5a updater, but in the event that someone is still running a version other than the previous or 0.6.3, then it might be helpful to have the other updaters available so we can catch up and then run the newest updater.

Bitbond - 105% PPS mining bond - mining payouts without buying hardware
Folax

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 09:52:05 AM

CP is telling me I am mining at a speed of 1723 MH/s but looking at my workers average over the last 15 minutes on tripple minings site tells me its at about 800. Which is the more acurate one?
I would let it mine for 30 minutes at least before the pool itself can give a good estimate on the hashrate.

You still on Windows, Max?
If you update CP to latest version and simply copy the complete CP install folder to your Linux box and change config file to point to poclbm.py it should work...

My GF thinks I'm useless, if you think otherwise and can proof it to her, please do so and donate:
14wG6u2bAD9q1nLmLL9MST1ZzbTE9Pt8nG
Bloodred

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:23:21 PM

"For each successfully completed bitcoin block, the pool is awarded 50 bitcoins along with small transaction fees. Simplecoin splits the rewarded 50 bitcoins between users based on the number of valid shares they submitted during the last 902,850 shares. Simplecoin keeps the transaction fees (usually 0.01-0.09btc) in order to pay any transaction fees we incur while paying user balances."

is PPLNS not prop
Didn't even read that, just looked it up in the pool comparison table on the wiki and it said Prop there. I guess it's not updated.

CP takes the numbers from all your miners and adds them up, it doesn't do any estimating itself. If you are lucky and submit lots of shares in a short interval then the miner will report a higher hash rate. What cards are you using to mine? 800 seems a bit low for 5 GPUs, I could probably get 700 out of my 2 5850s if I really pushed them, maybe the pool averages your hash rate over a longer period or is slower to update.

CherryPicking has been updated to v0.6.6

One of my rigs had 0.6.5 both updaters would create an invalid jar.  Would it be possible to have a history of updaters somewhere?  I was able to find my 0.6.5->0.6.5a updater, but in the event that someone is still running a version other than the previous or 0.6.3, then it might be helpful to have the other updaters available so we can catch up and then run the newest updater.
There are links to all the updates that I've released in the 2nd post in this topic. Wink

CherryPicking dev

amazingrando

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 05:29:13 PM

Any one else having problems with unitedminers timing out all the time?

I've taken unitedminers out of my pools list.  they often have connection problems, which leads to lost mining time. Plus, they have such low hash rate that it will be months before they find a block

Bitbond - 105% PPS mining bond - mining payouts without buying hardware
scatterbrain

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:47:37 PM

bloodred, i noticed in you screenshot of mining eligius that the pool type is SMPPS, but i can only get eligius to work as PPS. changing the cfg file to SMPPS causes an error. i downloaded the pool file again just to make sure i was up to date and i am. the read me only lists PROP, PPLNS, PPS, and SCORE and pool types. what am i missing here?
Bloodred

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:53:18 PM

I forgot to update the ReadMe, the SMPPS profile was available for a while (I think I mentioned it in a changelog). To get it to work you need round shares as well, use this:
Code:
TYPE=SMPPS
HOST=mining.eligius.st
PORT=8337
JSON=http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/hashrate.php
HASHEX1="hashrate":\d+\.?\d*
HASHEX2=\d+\.?\d*
SHARESEX1="shares":\d+
SHARESEX2=\d+
Div=1e9
I'll update the archive too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Just don't forget to have at least 1 pool set to PPS.

CherryPicking dev

scatterbrain

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 09:10:38 PM

thanks for the quick fix. i think arsbitcoin is also SMPPS so that cfg file needs an update too. at least their homepage says payment is based on eligius SMPPS
pitabread

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:14:57 PM

Typing "exit" doesn't work in 6.6?

Also, has anyone found a fix to get mainframe working?  It is a pretty decent size pool, seems like it would be good to have working.

And does simplecoin.us not have JSON stats?  Is that why it wont work?

Instead of using exit use "e" to exit and  "i" for info.
Folax

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 05:57:07 PM

CP on Linux gave me:
Code:
Error reading miner output stream, terminating.
and this was printed like 20 times, I exited and restarted CP, all seems fine now.

My GF thinks I'm useless, if you think otherwise and can proof it to her, please do so and donate:
Bloodred

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 06:02:54 PM

Can I get a log to have a look? That's not necessarily a problem, especially if you get it when changing pools. A method that should return null in some cases (and always does on Windows) seems to occasionally throw an unhandled exception on Linux.

CherryPicking dev

Folax

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 08:51:12 PM

What's the command to start CP with logging in Linux? Can't find it fast, if not posted i'll do a more intensive search tomorrow.

The 'error' returned, the fact it says "terminating" makes me thinks it's not really harmless...

ampirebus

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 09:10:34 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2011, 09:58:12 PM by ampirebus

Okay so i used to get a ton of decent/big payouts from bitcoins.lc as one of my primary sources of income but now for the past week ive only gotten .02 btc from bitcoins.lc

what the hecks goin on here? "sun.security.validator.validatorexception: PKIX path building failed.... (goes on yada yada yada)

I mean usually i would get .1 (a bit dime) a day or every other day from bitcoin.lc and now .02 in an entire week. they have decentlyfast rounds compared to other pools too

FAST_ADDITIVE_1

and NORMAL are my settings (normal on 2 cards and FA1 on 2)

so i looked into it and its getting an error with the JSON of bitcoins.lc ,
scatterbrain

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 10:14:04 PM

anyone else having java security certificate issues with bitcoinlc? i haven't had this issue since i first installed CP and i fixed it by following the post on page 2. happening on 3 different machines of mine so that makes it seem like bitcoinlc changed something on their end?

I fixed it by removing the "s" in https when checking for stats

that sun security error started on the 25-26th, so if you're just fixing it now you haven't been mining there for the last 5 days. it would explain your low btc
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 10:38:35 PM

anyone else having java security certificate issues with bitcoinlc? i haven't had this issue since i first installed CP and i fixed it by following the post on page 2. happening on 3 different machines of mine so that makes it seem like bitcoinlc changed something on their end?

I fixed it by removing the "s" in https when checking for stats

that sun security error started on the 25-26th, so if you're just fixing it now you haven't been mining there for the last 5 days. it would explain your low btc
scatterbrain where is your brain you claimed the dates and should match them to the original posts.  Same dates you said.  Lol.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Bloodred

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 11:01:10 PM

What's the command to start CP with logging in Linux? Can't find it fast, if not posted i'll do a more intensive search tomorrow.

The 'error' returned, the fact it says "terminating" makes me thinks it's not really harmless...
The same as Windows, start it with the -logging argument, like:
Code:
java -jar CherryPicking.jar -logging
Add -stats if you want csv output as well.
Now about the message you're getting, I'll go into a bit more detail. It means there has been a problem retrieving messages from a certain instance of poclbm. During normal operation this can happen when switching pools. It says terminating because it stops the poclbm process and then restarts it. Usually, the method that reads poclbm output will just return null when the process is stopped and re-started and it always does so on Windows, but not on Linux. On Linux it sometimes throws an unhandled exception that causes that message to be printed when the process is killed, but this is not necessarily a problem. So if you're getting those messages when switching pools and all your GPUs are still active I don't there's anything for you to worry about.

@ampirebus As far as I know bclc delays stats, don't they? I'll see to the JSON problems, but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of them intentionally messing with stats either. However, since nobody else mentioned a problem with them, are you sure you were mining there at all?

CherryPicking dev

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: